Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-27-2012   #1
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26704 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone else starting to get annoyed..

By the guy in a blue suit (who looks like a civil war general) doing all the ads for the NFL network?

The first few times it was interesting to watch -- in an uncomfortable sort of way. Now it's just creepy..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #2
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone else starting to get annoyed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
By the guy in a blue suit (who looks like a civil war general) doing all the ads for the NFL network?

The first few times it was interesting to watch -- in an uncomfortable sort of way. Now it's just creepy..

TJ
I hardly deem this as "texans talk forum" material but I do agree with you in a major way.

I hate that guy.

Carry on...
Old 08-27-2012   #3
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Ew yea, he creeps me out! Very awkward!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

awww, you are dissing my son. much sadness on my part.
Old 08-27-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a bad knockoff of the Ron Burgundy character, in Anchor Man, played by Will Ferrell.

With a dash of Zach Galifianakis (sp?) from the movie Dinner With Schmucks.

And yes, it's way overdone. It's almost as bad as those sappy cell phone commercials where the mom and the daughter are blubbering and crying because they got such a great deal on a cell phone (I think it aired around Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday shopping time...every freaking commercial break during Sunday football. $#%@!)
Old 08-27-2012   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the guy in the blue suit in those new NFL commercials is the formerly creepy Burger King mascot guy that was recently kicked to the curb by BK. If you look hard you can see the resemblance. How does this guy keep getting work and what does Drew Rosenhaus have on the commish anyway? As an aside, Drew Rosenhaus is by far the creepiest guy pictured though...hands down.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2012   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this guy is AWESOME! I love the beard and I think the outfit is funny as hell. Everytime those commercials come on, I end up laughing. My wife just looks at me and smirks. I just say, "man, that guy is awesome!". LOL. She just rolls her eyes at me and goes back to reading.

"It's serious fun!"
Old 08-28-2012   #9
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with OP. It wasn't that funny to begin with, and the thought of having to suffer through these all season is demoralizing.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't stand that guy and whomever put him there should be fired. He comes across as some dork that doesn't know a thing about football.

Now the Eli / Ware commercial is brilliant where the guy doesn't want his son to become a Cowboys fan.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #11
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I guess I'm the only one that thinks this guy is AWESOME! I love the beard and I think the outfit is funny as hell. Everytime those commercials come on, I end up laughing. My wife just looks at me and smirks. I just say, "man, that guy is awesome!". LOL. She just rolls her eyes at me and goes back to reading.

"It's serious fun!"
You're not the only one. I was starting to think that I'm crazy since everyone hated it. I think it's funny as hell.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74500 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I can't stand that guy and whomever put him there should be fired. He comes across as some dork that doesn't know a thing about football.
If it's widely loved, or widely hated, it gets talked about. Either way whoever created it did their job well.

I've basically learned that whether it's commercials, or talk show hosts, if I'm talking about how much I hate them, they have pretty much achieved their objective.

Quote:
Now the Eli / Ware commercial is brilliant where the guy doesn't want his son to become a Cowboys fan.
Completely agree.
Old 08-28-2012   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I actually kinda like him. I've seen worse commercials for sure.
Old 08-28-2012   #14
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's very funny and the fact that they play the commercial so often makes it even less funny. Yes he's annoying.
Old 08-28-2012   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Embrace modern technology. They created the DVR and fast forward for us to avoid those annoying commercial things. I haven't watched a commercial in a long, long time.
Old 08-28-2012   #16
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah ha! I'm not the only one....punts kickoffs blitzes blocks and penalties...
Old 08-28-2012   #17
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Embrace modern technology. They created the DVR and fast forward for us to avoid those annoying commercial things. I haven't watched a commercial in a long, long time.
i don't watch commercials either. I play with my ipad during commercials!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
i don't watch commercials either. I play with my ipad during commercials!
ipad is code for 'himself'

I just saw that dudes commercial again. He's more annoying than flash mobs.
Old 08-28-2012   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like it either! Couldn't believe it was a commercial for the NFL when I first saw it! ST*pid and very immature! JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=2568407

hmm

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read