Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Most Likely to Happen...New 2012 Edition

Most likely to happen?

• Top 2 Offense in ppg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to go with the KW/They should easily average 3 apiece. The yardage is the tricky part, especially when injuries are brought into play. However, I expect 1200 yards out of AJ, which leaves KW and OD 650 yards each. OD (again, when healthy) is in the 700-800 range. I think it is possible.

I'm actually going to go with the Matt Schaub health thing.

I don't know if that's wishful thinking on my part or if I actually believe it though.

Well considering we had 17 INTs last year, 11 shouldn't be that hard. I don't see any reason for that number to go down much.

I went with Barwin/Reed/Mercilus although I think there are a few things on there that are pretty likely to happen.

I can see Arian breaking 2200. I'm sure we'll make more than 11 interceptions. And I think K-Mart and Jean are going to put up some big numbers.

I'm not so sure about Schaub being healthy. And since I'm expecting KW to be supplanted by K-Mart and Jean, I don't expect AJ/KW/OD to get over 2500 yards receiving.

I think two of Barwin/Reed/Mercilus are going to end up with double digit sacks and the third is going to be in the high single digits.

I went with Schaub because he damn well better or we're hosed once again. I just don't see Arian for 2200 this year. Not with the OL in its current condition.

I'm actually going to go with the Matt Schaub health thing.

I don't know if that's wishful thinking on my part or if I actually believe it though.

I really, really, REALLY wanted to click that one, but I went with Arian Foster.

I went with Schaub because he damn well better or we're hosed once again. I just don't see Arian for 2200 this year. Not with the OL in its current condition.

I think Arian will be fine in that respect. Rather the front office will want to display Ben Tate's talents this year and use him as tradebait before the next draft, and also to take away carries from Foster so he doesn't get hurt. They have Tate for two more years, and then he will likely be gone in free agency. Getting a 2nd rounder for him might be worth it if we have some big needs to fill.

Well considering we had 17 INTs last year, 11 shouldn't be that hard. I don't see any reason for that number to go down much.

I think the INT numbers can fluctuate and don't necessarily tell the story of how good your defense is...

Baltimore and Pittsburg have been two of the best defenses around...we had more INT's than Baltimore last year and Pitt was dead last in picks a few years ago...

But you are right...less than 11 INT's would be poor. I should have gone higher there..

I didn't see the "All Of The Above" choice so I went with KMart and LeStar going 1200 or better. I'm trying to not be a :homer: here. I believe it's well within reach for them.

I also think Matt will stay healthy. After watching the first two drives Saturday night I came away very impressed. His passes were money and he was hitting some tight windows. He looked sharp.

Two more weeks and it's Showtime!

:gotexans1

I picked Foster with 2200 yard s combined. He's healthy going into the year and even with the right side of the line not so hot right now, they'll still lean heavily on Foster until Martin and Jean really pick it up in the regular season.

Though I'm with Eriadoc, I REALLY wanted to pick Schaub stays healthy.

Not voting for anything that has Schaub or AJ in it. I’m to leary of those two being healthy all year.

Foster having 2,200 combined yards is too rich for me.

Top 2 offense in ppg just isn’t happening.

11+ interceptions as a team is to easy, they’ll get that.

Cushing is good, damn good, but not defensive player of the year.

Top 2 defense in points and yards isn’t happening this year.

So, that leaves Martin and Jean with 1200 yards and 7 TDs, or Barwin Reed Mercilus with 28 sacks, or Watt and Antionio with 13.5 sacks.

Don't think Martin and Jean will do that because I don't trust Schaub to stay healthy all year and Kubiak loves him some Walter. Although that's the one I would love to happen. The other two, I don't know. I would have liked to see something like "The D-Line will get X sacks, or, the LBs will get X sacks".

I'm gonna go with the LBs and take the Barwin, Reed, and Mercilus combo because of Wade Phillips.

I went with Barwin/Reed/Mercilus although I think there are a few things on there that are pretty likely to happen.

I can see Arian breaking 2200. I'm sure we'll make more than 11 interceptions. And I think K-Mart and Jean are going to put up some big numbers.

I'm not so sure about Schaub being healthy. And since I'm expecting KW to be supplanted by K-Mart and Jean, I don't expect AJ/KW/OD to get over 2500 yards receiving.

I think two of Barwin/Reed/Mercilus are going to end up with double digit sacks and the third is going to be in the high single digits.

I pretty much agree with everything said in this statement here.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I think the INT numbers can fluctuate and don't necessarily tell the story of how good your defense is...

Baltimore and Pittsburg have been two of the best defenses around...we had more INT's than Baltimore last year and Pitt was dead last in picks a few years ago...

But you are right...less than 11 INT's would be poor. I should have gone higher there..

Yeah, sorry I borked your puzzle... :)

The next likeliest thing on the list is the JJ Watt and Antonio sack numbers. Watt had 5.5 last year, Smith 6.5, total of 12. 13 isn't much of a stretch if we expect Watt to increase his productivity.

I went with Schaub too...... I don't care if he pulls a Peyton and ducks & falls every time he sees a defender nearby. We need him healthy and his bank account needs him healthy.

The 11+ interception pick is a slam dunk. I guess Barwin/Reed/Mercilus/ going for 28 sacks would have been my 2nd choice.

11 INTs is the easiest one.

I hate to say it, but I would be shocked if some of them happen, especially Schaub. I certainly want to see him play all 19 games this season, but I do not feel confident in expecting it to happen.

Anybody else getting to the point where no news is good news? I'm almost afraid to log in to this forum sometimes, but I guess it just goes to show that things are good. [knocks on wood]

I wish I could change my vote to 11 INTs. That should be a "slam dunk".

I picked KW, AJ, and OD going for 2500 yds/9 TDs. I think they'll come up with the 9 TDs but the 2500 yds is iffy. AJ will probably get his 1200+ assuming he stays healthy (kind of a big IF, I know) but I don't see OD & KW coming up with their 1300 yds with Jean, Martin, Graham, and Casey as targets for Schaub.

Top two in offensive pt/gm? Not with the Packers, Pats, and Saints around. They averaged 30+ pts/gm last year. We won't catch that with Kubiak's propensity to take his foot off the gas in the 4th qtr.

If it was top two D in pts. OR yds.... maybe. Not both.

Foster averaging 135+ yds/game...? Not with Tate taking some of his touches. I know he got 140+ yds/game last year but I don't see him repeating that over 16 games.

Sacks are too hard to predict. So is offensive production from the two young WRs.

The league still thinks Cush is on the sauce so they won't give it to him even if he continues to shine.

I picked KW, AJ, and OD going for 2500 yds/9 TDs. I think they'll come up with the 9 TDs but the 2500 yds is iffy. AJ will probably get his 1200+ assuming he stays healthy (kind of a big IF, I know) but I don't see OD & KW coming up with their 1300 yds with Jean, Martin, Graham, and Casey as targets for Schaub.

Top two in offensive pt/gm? Not with the Packers, Pats, and Saints around. They averaged 30+ pts/gm last year. We won't catch that with Kubiak's propensity to take his foot off the gas in the 4th qtr.

Foster averaging 135+ yds/game...? Not with Tate taking some of his touches. I know he got 140+ yds/game last year but I don't see him repeating that over 16 games.

Sacks are too hard to predict. So is offensive production from the two young WRs.

The league still thinks Cush is on the sauce so they won't give it to him even if he continues to shine.

True and it's a damn shame. Isn't he tested like every time he turns around and has been clean? When does everyone outside of his Texans supporters let it go? Probably never I guess. Heck, we're still hearing about Shawne Merriman after all these years.

That's something that will follow him his entire career and that's a shame.

Yeah, sorry I borked your puzzle... :) .

It's cool. I'll survive.

I guess folks should ignore the 11 picks and go with the next best option.

I wrote that one too fast, I was thinking for any three members of the secondary and I put the entire team.

11 int's as a team would be poor. Probably bottom of the league poor.

I went with 11 picks before reading posts. All the rest seem either unlikely or depend on too much health, which I don't want to jinx anything, so with the int's, even if/when someone is out, the team will still fullfill the goal.

My next pick would have been kmart and jean.

Warning: Thread Bump in work!

I'm getting close.
AJ - 1058
Kw - 411
OD - 555
total = 2024

They already have the 9+ TDs.

But the winners are whoever picked Watt/Smith combine for 13.5 sacks. 14.5 (Watt) + 4.0 (Ninja) have surpassed expectations.

Anyone want to change their votes?
:D

Warning: Thread Bump in work!

I'm getting close.
AJ - 1058
Kw - 411
OD - 555
total = 2024

They already have the 9+ TDs.

But the winners are whoever picked Watt/Smith combine for 13.5 sacks. 14.5 (Watt) + 4.0 (Ninja) have surpassed expectations.

Anyone want to change their votes?
:D

Man , I didnt think much of this would be possible when this thread was started .... But the Texans are currently 3rd in scoring behind only Denver and New England.

11 INT's seems like a gimmie now

Watt and Ninja already have 18.5 sacks

Schaub's already got 11 games in the books ....

Foster could reach the 2200 mark tho not likely.

AJ and Walter are within reach of 2500 tho the TD number seems out of reach.

Somewhat unlikely to happen...
Arian Foster: 2,200 yards receiving and rushing combined
- Even if he stays on his near 100 yd/game rushing pace, no way he gets the other 600 yds in receiving. We just aren't using him the same way we were last season.

Damned near impossible to occur...

Keyshawn Martin and LeStar Jean: 1200 yards recieving and 7 TD's combined - They're bringing Martin along slowly (but he is being targeted more) and Jean can't get on the field. With only five games to go and 155 yds and 1 TD between them, they can't get there from here.

Barwin, Reed, Mercilus: 28 sacks combined - Thru 11 games they have 7.5 between the three of them. And now Reed is out for at least a month. Barwin and Mercilus will have to get 20 sacks in the next five games to reach this. Ain't happening.

Back