Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-26-2012   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Seahawks name Wilson as their starting QB

Quote:

The Russell Wilson Era in Seattle is officially underway.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll announced Sunday night that Wilson will start against the Raiders in the preseason finale and will start again in Week One against the Cardinals. The news was hardly unexpected after Wilson got the start against Kansas City and played like the starting quarterback that the Seahawks have been looking for all summer, but it is still surprising since the third-round pick was seen as the third choice in the competition with Matt Flynn and Tarvaris Jackson.

Flynn got $10 million in guaranteed money as a free agent this offseason and Jackson was the incumbent starter, but Wilson wound up with the job. On a conference call, Carroll said it was because he earned the job with his play and his ability to fix things on the fly.

“This is an extraordinary kid. He just kept knocking us out with what he brought,” Caroll said, via the team. “I’ve watched our team respond to him and they’ve taken to his leadership style.”

Jackson’s trade to the Bills still isn’t official, but Carroll said that the team expects it to go through. Flynn will remain as the No. 2, the same job he held behind Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-quarterback/
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Seahawks name Wilson as their starting QB

So how many first and second year QBs will be starting week one now? 8? 9?
Old 08-27-2012   #3
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So how many first and second year QBs will be starting week one now? 8? 9?
By my count...10.

Tannehill
Luck
Gabbert
Locker
Dalton
Weeden
RG3
Wilson
Newton
Ponder
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #4
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

John Schneider just signed his walking papers for next year.
Old 08-27-2012   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
By my count...10.

Tannehill
Luck
Gabbert
Locker
Dalton
Weeden
RG3
Wilson
Newton
Ponder
Yea but this kid is a third-round pic and he's starting as a rookie in his teams season opener. The only other QB in that group who isn't a first rounder is Dalton, and he was a very high second-rounder who had a big resume coming out of TCU.
I saw this kid in the Senior Bowl like 6 months ago and he's like < 5'11" and trust me nobody speculated he'd be a starter his first year in the pros. Actually most had him as a career backup - too short you know.
I give Carrol high marks for sticking his neck out after the investment on the FA QB, but we'll see how his judgement plays out here ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Russell Wilson is going to be a hell of a player. I'd be excited if I were a Seachicken fan.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I like him, if I was in a 2QB league I'd be targeting as my bench QB
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2012   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Russell Wilson is looking like a steal. He's still got to do it in the regular season but from what I've seen in the pre-season, this kid could be special.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

It takes some serious Moxie to make the Seahawks look good, other then their spiffy uniforms
Old 08-27-2012   #10
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
John Schneider just signed his walking papers for next year.
Why? This is a HC decision.
Old 08-27-2012   #11
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Russell Wilson is going to be a hell of a player. I'd be excited if I were a Seachicken fan.
I'm in this camp as well. I was really impressed when I watched the Hawks PS game. Don't remember who they were playing but Wilson just made play after play and appeared very comfortable. Didn't see any rook jitters, duck-n-run or any of the usual rookie stuff. I think the Hawks may have indeed pulled a caper on draft day.

Granted, it's the PS but sometime you can just tell who's got it and who ain't. I think Russell Wilson has *it*.

That said, yeah, he's too short.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
It takes some serious Moxie to make the Seahawks look good, other then their spiffy uniforms
And he's able to do it despite their.... umm.... "spiffy".... uniforms.

(seriously, they're 10x as ugly in person.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
And he's able to do it despite their.... umm.... "spiffy".... uniforms.

I see quite a few people dogging their new uniforms but I think they look pretty good after watching them a whole game.

Old 08-27-2012   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for the hype of Matt Flynn. I never understood all of that hype that Flynn got last season all because of hi putting up a ton of points against a terrible Lions defense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He looks like Donovan McNabb out there. Not real fast, but makes quick cuts and navigates through traffic well.

Fans crown guys too early. Let's see him in a few full-length reg season games.
Old 08-27-2012   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I see quite a few people dogging their new uniforms but I think they look pretty good after watching them a whole game.

Fine, you can sit on the train surrounded by them.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 08-27-2012   #17
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I still forget that the Seahawks have a new logo to go with their unis.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
So much for the hype of Matt Flynn. I never understood all of that hype that Flynn got last season all because of hi putting up a ton of points against a terrible Lions defense.
Every few years you get a QB hungry team to reach for a one game wonder like Scott Johnson or Kevin Kolb. Teams without a marquee QB will take chances that they won't at other positions when it comes to QB's. Let's welcome Matt Flynn to the club.

Old 08-27-2012   #19
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Can vouch for that! Went into the local supermarket in Washington State recently, and boy are the gross looking in the flesh.
Old 08-27-2012   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Can vouch for that! Went into the local supermarket in Washington State recently, and boy are the gross looking in the flesh.
Hey, next time you're down here I'm dragging your butt to Rookie's, Texans gameday or not.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read