Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2012   #61
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cuts made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I still think we take 4 RBs and keep 1 inactive, after thinking it over I can see Forsett being the inactive one because of Grimes ability to contribute to special teams.
Agreed. I think Coach Joe keeps Grimes active on game day.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #62
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I think weŽll have to go with 3 HBs... Holliday seems to be getting a roster spot - and we probably should go 6 deep on WR (with AJs injury history and Posey probably not contributing much in the first year). Just no spot for a 4th HB. Grimes should get the spot as a young, promising, cheap player.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #63
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have liked what Grimes has flashed, but totally have missed his clearly ourplaying Forsett and proven to be better. IMO, forsett starts the year as the third RB and Grimes on the practice squad.
Old 08-27-2012   #64
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

So who's gonna be the third tight end on the roster? I know they play three tight end sets occasionally.
Old 08-27-2012   #65
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Or will Casey be the third tight end, sort of?
Old 08-27-2012   #66
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
So who's gonna be the third tight end on the roster? I know they play three tight end sets occasionally.
Casey will be FB1 and TE3.

That gives them a lot of options at other positions - keep a 3rd QB , 4th RB or an extra body at ILB or DB ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #67
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
They used to play 4 TE sets at times. I think we'll go with OD, Graham, and Casey. And if we need a fourth, we'll probably move KW there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2012   #68
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Casey will be FB1 and TE3.

That gives them a lot of options at other positions - keep a 3rd QB , 4th RB or an extra body at ILB or DB ....
Agree that Kubiak named Casey for FB1 [url="Friday Facebook Mailbag: June 8 Video Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 … status on Cushing spend ages needs second question. On the Texans looking ..... battles nobody is talking about the tight end position. Gary Graham and ..... g[B]one on record saying it James Casey would be second tight end[/B] and and to tight ends and so …"]but he's on record here naming him as TE2. (Grammar & typos courtesy of HT.com )

I guess that's all pretty fluid during camp and G. Graham has proven to be more than adequate at receiving but folks are concerned about his lack of blocking skills.

Right now the depth chart is:

TE Owen Daniels Garrett Graham Logan Brock Phillip Supernaw

OD, GG & Brock are pretty easy to figure out as 1, 2 & 3 but Phillip Supernaw is "Other". Guess we don't have a 4th string.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 08-27-2012 at 08:46 PM.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #69
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the name Supernaw.

Kind of reminds me of what my 105 lb. border collie mix does to his rawhide bone.

Would be even cooler if it was SuperHELLnaw..

Now THAT would be somethin'

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #70
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
They used to play 4 TE sets at times. I think we'll go with OD, Graham, and Casey. And if we need a fourth, we'll probably move KW there.
Newton played some TE too last year in goalline packages so depending on the situation Brooks or Butler can fill in there.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read