Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2012   #41
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cuts made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Fair enough I missed that quote.
Old 08-26-2012   #42
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Stop it!! Just stop it!!!
I am currently being helped my my friend Mary Dro-cephus Jane.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #43
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see grimes on the roster and Forsett cut.

It's not that I don't like Forsett. I think he's a serviceable third rb. But I think grimes has potential to be more than that. I think he already the better player anyways.

But kubiak has to decide if he wants to rely on that much youth.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #44
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

It's not that I don't like Forsett. I think he's a serviceable third rb. But I think grimes has potential to be more than that. I think he already the better player anyways.

I agree. It's a tough call, but Forsett doesn't offer the between-the-tackles ability that Grimes does. I like Forsett in the open field better. If I can only pick one, I take Grimes.
Old 08-26-2012   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What about Grimes @ FB? Little undersized but his blocking looks solid. Remember Peyton Hillis was 3rd string on Arkansas depth chart but you could see his talent, one cut downhill runner with power. Maybe you see a little of the same in Grimes. I agree, Texans need to keep him but also Forsett as well. His experience will prove invaluable plus I think he can really help this offense gel & he won't turn the ball over is a willing blocker & very affordable.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #46
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Grimes looks way better running the ball than Forsett.

We should have all four RBs on the 53, IMO. One guy gets dinged, be it Foster or Tate, and you'll need that 4th guy really badly.

Grimes is really good.
Old 08-26-2012   #47
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I could see him keeping both Grimes and Forsett .... Likely means they go one short at another position - QB , OLB and CB are likely spots.
Carmichael played his way out of a spot , Keenum could stay on the PS and Nading could just run out of roster spots.

Forsett looked real good in the touches he got against the Aints.

Grimes reminds me of a hybrid of Foster and Tate .... Glides thru holes like Foster but hammers guy's like Tate. Just isnt as shifty as Foster. I like the way he covers up the ball in traffic too .... both hands.
He has also made numerous plays on kickoff and punt coverage ....

The kid has some real good qualities , might be another UDFA gem by Smith.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2012   #48
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not sure how age in a 3rd back is that important to Kubiak.
Old 08-26-2012   #49
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I could see him keeping both Grimes and Forsett .... Likely means they go one short at another position - QB , OLB and CB are likely spots.
That's where I'm at with it. I think they both make the team although I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them cut.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #50
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
We would have to pay him for the entire season if he is on the roster on Week 1 plus he would waste a spot for 3 weeks, as he's suspended, and nobody would pick him anyways, as he is injured and suspended right now.

We can always sign him cheap in Week 4.
Nevermind
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #51
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We should have all four RBs on the 53, IMO. One guy gets dinged, be it Foster or Tate, and you'll need that 4th guy really badly.
I still think we take 4 RBs and keep 1 inactive, after thinking it over I can see Forsett being the inactive one because of Grimes ability to contribute to special teams.
Old 08-27-2012   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not sure how age in a 3rd back is that important to Kubiak.

Even though Arian is the starter, stuff happens. You could easily have an injury or two there and kubiak is then forced to rely on more youth.

You seriously can't see how the third rb on a football team can all of a sudden become your 2nd or 1st rb?
Old 08-27-2012   #53
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ball needs to be on that list. BUT, I guess they might be waiting to see what he can do against the Vikes on Thurs.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #54
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I made a spot on my version of the roster for both Forsett and Grimes. I think Grimes has shown a lot of desire and talent and I think Forsett gives us a #3 alternative with different skills and abilities.

I don't know if it's going to work out that way. Keeping Grimes means you have to make a hard decision on another position. But I think Grimes's special team abilities get him onto the squad.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #55
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Ball needs to be on that list. BUT, I guess they might be waiting to see what he can do against the Vikes on Thurs.
They still need bodies to play in that game since the starters won't be. Kubiak mentioned as much sometime last week.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even though Arian is the starter, stuff happens. You could easily have an injury or two there and kubiak is then forced to rely on more youth.

You seriously can't see how the third rb on a football team can all of a sudden become your 2nd or 1st rb?
Surely, you remember a 3rd string QB (Yates) that had to start last season? Same scenario. Youth or vet you keep the player you think is best for team. Also, youth is not as much a factor for a RB.
Old 08-27-2012   #57
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I made a spot on my version of the roster for both Forsett and Grimes. I think Grimes has shown a lot of desire and talent and I think Forsett gives us a #3 alternative with different skills and abilities.

I don't know if it's going to work out that way. Keeping Grimes means you have to make a hard decision on another position. But I think Grimes's special team abilities get him onto the squad.
The more I think about it the more I see Grimes being the #3 HB on gameday so coach Joe can use him on special teams, and Forsett being the gameday inactive who will leapfrog into the #2 spot should Tate or Foster get injured.
Old 08-27-2012   #58
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Surely, you remember a 3rd string QB (Yates) that had to start last season? Same scenario. Youth or vet you keep the player you think is best for team. Also, youth is not as much a factor for a RB.
You are making arguments against the wrong guy as I have been saying Grimes should make the team since before training camp.

My point with the youth thing is that Kubiak may not want that much youth collectively contributing. Doesn't matter that a RB can contribute faster at a young age than some other positions. It's still a collective thing.

You have AJ, and Schaub who aren't exactly the most healthy guys...

You could easily have a scenario where you have Martin, Jean, Yates and Grimes getting regular or significant playing time.

Instead of going with that much youth, Kubiak may want a vet like Forsett that has been around the game for a few years.
Old 08-27-2012   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
The more I think about it the more I see Grimes being the #3 HB on gameday so coach Joe can use him on special teams, and Forsett being the gameday inactive who will leapfrog into the #2 spot should Tate or Foster get injured.
I'd rather just cut Forsett because I think Grimes is the better RB anyways. I don't know if Kubiak wants to trust the young guy, but I like Grimes better than Forsett.
Old 08-27-2012   #60
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
I don't think bust is the right word. The days of 6th and 7th rounders having a high percentage chance of making this team thier first year is over.

Precisely! Any late rounders or UDFAs we hit on, given the 1st and 2nd team talent we now have compared to the Casserly days, are pure gravy.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read