Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2012   #41
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Randy Bullock placed on injured reserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Don't think Stephen Hill was available in the 6th round when we selected Bullock.
I'm not referring to Bullock, even though this thread is about him. I'm responding to the comments made about Posey!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #42
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

We still took 2 receivers in the draft, how many picks do we need to use on receivers in one draft?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #43
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

TBH I think they'll groom Posey to take over KW's role completely in about 2 years. Do the Dirty stuff while being a viable receiving target. In order for that to happen he has to become one with the system *yoga stance*
Old 08-27-2012   #44
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Posey is next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Me to. I mean we got to free up a spot in the WR roster for a vet coming off of the waiver wire Friday when the league has its 53-man roster deadline.
I don't know - maybe, but it seems like the conventional wisdom is that Posey's working off the rust, and making his way back from what was in some ways a year out of football.

Given the fact that players on IR can participate in meetings, and receive treatment, but can't participate in practice, putting him on IR would only be a further setback. From what I understand, even while under suspension, he attended practices at Ohio State, although I don't believe he was actually able to participate. Seems like putting him on IR only duplicates his final (lost) season at Ohio State, and adds another year of rust. If this guy's struggling to begin with, that doesn't make his chance to be a productive NFL player any better.
Old 08-27-2012   #45
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Graham has looked better this PS, but I think Bullock will be a good kicker when he gets healthy again. I'd really love to have more of a long term kicker here and I think he's got a chance to be it.

I'm with SheTexan on Posey. I didn't care for the pick when it was announced and aside from coach talk, nothing has been done to change my mind, not that it matters. At this point I'm really hoping this pick proves me VERY wrong, but obviously it's not going to happen this year.

I do agree that IRing Posey compounds the problem far as getting the reps he needs. He'll likely make the tail end of the WRs this year, but see little PT.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #46
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Then why did we waste a third round pic on him?
1) Pretend we selected KeyMart with that pick & Posey with the late 4th. Feels better, no? 2) It's a little earlier to label Posey a bust -- see Lestar Jean.

Quote:
Stephen Hill for instance.
Hill is battling dropped balls -- the Jacoby syndrome.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #47
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
1) Pretend we selected KeyMart with that pick & Posey with the late 4th. Feels better, no? 2) It's a little earlier to label Posey a bust -- see Lestar Jean.

Yes he is. Saw a few bounce off his chest last night. Had he caught the one in the Red Zone the Zits might have scored their first TD of the PS.

The Zits look just turrible and I'm lovin' every minute of it!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-27-2012   #48
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

So a guy we picked later is supposed to make me feel better that the guy we grabbed a round before him is performing better? Yay?

Jean was an UDFA, not a third round pick and wasn't serving a suspension for a large portion of the year he was drafted. He also landed on IR last year.

I am not saying he's a bust, but the idea of a 3rd round pick that's looking like he'll barely stick onto the roster doesn't sit well with me or some others.

I also keep in mind who Hill has throwing to him and physically Hill has the tools to become an elite WR, but playing at run heavy GT didn't help.
Old 08-27-2012   #49
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Suuuuuuure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
STASH!

I think Graham was winning the competition anyways.. his kicks have been straight down the middle from 50+. I'm also relieved that we're going into the season with a vet.. I really didn't want to rely on a rookie in the playoffs. Bullock is the future, but I'll take Graham right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I'm impressed by how he suffered through all that pain to still try and play last night, kid has guts
Quote:
Posey is next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
That was my thought too-especially since he had an "injury" and couldn't play last night.
Hey, and they even save a PS spot this way too!
Old 08-27-2012   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If Bullock was sat out of a practice for a sore groin only 2 1/2 weeks previously, makes you wonder why, as a right legged kicker with right groin soreness, he was not made to take time to rest and rehab adequately.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Posey is next.
Groin?
Hamstring?
In-grown toenail? ....errr, I mean turf toe?

Should we start a poll?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #52
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Posey is next.
I could see them doing this .... but we have to remember that IR'd players are not allowed to participate in team drills .... this would basically mean that next season Posey would have been out of football for two years.

Thats significant ... and a risk I dont see them taking with such a premium draft pick.

He'll be this years Brandon Harris .... not suited up on game day but occupying a roster spot.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #53
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then why did we waste a third round pic on him? Esp when this draft was loaded with talent at WR! We are "preparing for the future" as I've been told a zillion times on this board, but, we could have done that with someone with more potential. Stephen Hill for instance. I didn't understand the pic in April, and I don't understand it now.
youve also been told a zillion times that stephen hill was drafted 43rd overall, the texans didnt have a pick until #58, so stop bringin up stephen hill everytime you join one of these conversations..
Old 08-27-2012   #54
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
youve also been told a zillion times that stephen hill was drafted 43rd overall, the texans didnt have a pick until #58, so stop bringin up stephen hill everytime you join one of these conversations..
And not to derail the thread, but I'm on the Jets board quite a bit. There are plenty of fans who think Hill will never pan out because of his inconsistency catching the ball and he hasn't been playing as fast as his 40 time would indicate. Just goes to show you some people will never be happy. We should never grade a draft until after 3 years. If Posey goes out and has a 1000 yard year next year everyone will talk about how great of a pick it is.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #55
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then why did we waste a third round pic on him? Esp when this draft was loaded with talent at WR! We are "preparing for the future" as I've been told a zillion times on this board, but, we could have done that with someone with more potential. Stephen Hill for instance. I didn't understand the pic in April, and I don't understand it now.
Yah, the third round is where every team looks to draft an "immediate impact" player, why the Texans didn't draft Blackmon in that spot i don't know...just don't get it..

*leaves Sarcasmville city limits*

Jean looks to be panning out and so does Martin...looks like the Texans did a better job than expected addressing the WR position...I'm willing to wait on Posey, because i don't believe coaches/GMs expect their 3rd round picks to come in and dominate like some fans do...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #56
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Yah, the third round is where every team looks to draft an "immediate impact" player, why the Texans didn't draft Blackmon in that spot i don't know...just don't get it..

*leaves Sarcasmville city limits*

Jean looks to be panning out and so does Martin...looks like the Texans did a better job than expected addressing the WR position...I'm willing to wait on Posey, because i don't believe coaches/GMs expect their 3rd round picks to come in and dominate like some fans do...
I guess I am in the mindset that I generally expect a first rounder to start or at least get rotated in like Merciless will be. A second rounder should be a starter or borderline, like in a year or so they will be taking or trying to take a starter's job. Third rounder generally should be someone productive and could be a starter eventually. To me 4-7 becomes a crapshoot and where I think taking risks is more acceptable.

No one is asking/wanting Posey to come in and dominate....hell just make the field right now. His selection is only looking expendable in large part to how Martin is playing and producing and the fact that Lestar is showing more than just the flashes we got to see before injuries cut him short last year. If this wasn't the case I suspect more people would find this pick as troublesome as I and a few others do.
Old 08-28-2012   #57
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
No one is asking/wanting Posey to come in and dominate....hell just make the field right now.
really?

so if miami and green bay both drafted wrs in the 3rd rd, you'd expect both of them to see the field straight away? how does that make sense?

lestar and keshawn are doing very well so its not like some scrubs are keeping him off the field. he mightve seen the field more in previous yrs
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #58
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I guess I am in the mindset that I generally expect a first rounder to start or at least get rotated in like Merciless will be.
That's not how it works on good balanced teams.

Second rounders should not be depended on to be starters or even borderline starters. Rotational players? Sure.

I think you're looking at it wrong. Instead of looking at the draft one round at a time, look at the bigger picture. Out of the draft you got merciless, crick, and Martin. They should all be in the rotation.

Then you have two immediate back ups in Brooks and jones.

You also have grimes as an udfa that is pushing for a roster spot and a role on special teams.

That doesn't even take into account Lestar Jean who is basically a rookie himself.

I wasn't a big fan of the posey pick myself, but the guy was out of football for a year. There are other young guys in that receiving corps that have stepped up. And he has not really gotten a chance to show what he's capable of. Give him a little time. He may not end up better than Martin or Jean, but there is plenty of time for him to develop into a good capable receiving option.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Just proves Texans are not cheap. They are willing to place as many future starters on IR as it takes to retool coveted roster spots.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #60
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Just proves Texans are not cheap. They are willing to place as many future starters on IR as it takes to retool coveted roster spots.
Wait, what?? Someone suggested the Texans were "cheap"? How asinine is that??? I would love for someone to dig up the dirt on how cheap the Texans are... *ahem* What was that corners name, now playing for an over priced salary in Atlanta??

#PayMeRick

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read