Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Randy Bullock or Shayne Graham
Randy Bullock 22 42.31%
Shayne Graham 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2012   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default POL: Bullock or Graham

Prompted by the discussion on the other thread regarding Randy Bullock or Shayne Graham. Let's put it to a vote.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: POL: Bullock or Graham

I haven't been to any practice and from what I have read On here they seem to be dead even. If that is true,then the texans go with the younger leg(with that said, I just gave randy his pink slip )
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Yesterday I was all set to keep Graham, but I've changed my mind. Again. LOL

Since Graham wasn't impressive in his kick offs either, and since Hartman will be returning, I say go with the younger guy we drafted to do the job.

I voted for Bullock, but that doesn't mean I won't change my mind again. I reserve the right to be indecisive and act like a typical fan.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Graham. He has been better during the preseason. I think they should keep Bullock on the practice squad though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Graham, but, I like Bullock!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #6
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I have no idea. Before the preseason I was happy with Bullock starting, and I'm a Longhorns fan. He only had one miss, and it wasn't even that bad since it was a 52 yards FG. But Graham has been impressive as well, so I have no clue.

Graham has kicked 5 FGs this preseason, and has made all of them. 1 from 20-29, 1 from 30-39, 2 from 40-49, and 1 from 50-59.

Bullock has kicked 4 FGs this preseason, and only missed one. 1 from 20-29, 1 from 30-39, and 1 for 2 from 50-59.

stats from NFL.com
Old 08-26-2012   #7
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have previously heard that Bullock had a groin issue. Over the next few days the groin issue will continue linger and as a result he will "tweak" something requiring a trip to the IR for the year. As a result I think Graham will win the job.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2012   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably Bullock, but its pretty close. Bullock's youth is what gives him the edge. With Bullock, providing everything goes according to plan, we have our kicker for the next 10-15 years.

Hartmann should return to handle KO duty, so I am not stressing about that either.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Graham .... Too much riding on this season to go with a rookie kicker and so far , Graham has performed better.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

on a side note ravens going with undrafted kicker, so wonder when one of our guys get cut,if they will scoop up the leftover

Quote:
Billy Cundiff won’t get his chance for redemption, at least not in a Ravens uniform.

A little more than seven months after he missed a 32-yard field goal that thwarted the Ravens’ Super Bowl hopes and just three days after he was benched for an undrafted rookie in the third preseason game, Cundiff was waived by the Ravens today.

"Billy had a great camp, the best he has had with us," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "He showed, like he always has, a toughness. These decisions are never easy, and this one was difficult for all of us."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,2308707.story
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #11
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
on a side note ravens going with undrafted kicker, so wonder when one of our guys get cut,if they will scoop up the leftover

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,2308707.story
They won't. Justin Tucker is their kicker now(Texas Longhorns kicker), and he's been money all preseason long.

2-2 from 30-39, 1-1 from 40-49, and 2-2 from 50-59. 9-9 for XP.
Old 08-26-2012   #12
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone know the ranges for both kickers?

Also, anyone recall the playoff game where Graham missed two field goals? Did he choke?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still going w the Rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #14
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a little unsure about Bullock's 50+ range.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #15
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak just mentioned in his press conference that Bullock went to IR with a groin injury. Graham got the job.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 288146 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Kubiak just mentioned in his press conference that Bullock went to IR with a groin injury. Graham got the job.
He said he logged into TexansTalk, read the kicker poll above, and went with the winner.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I think we have previously heard that Bullock had a groin issue. Over the next few days the groin issue will continue linger and as a result he will "tweak" something requiring a trip to the IR for the year. As a result I think Graham will win the job.
You fine sir are one crystal ball kinda guy! WINNER!

REP for that soothsaying.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #18
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you a wizard? Will I become a millionaire? When am I dying?
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
MSR .... I'll get ya when I can.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #20
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
MSR .... I'll get ya when I can.
I got him, but he already knew that I would.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read