Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-24-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trent Dilfer: Matt Hasselback saved my life

Kudos to Matt Hasselback for picking up a broken man and putting him back on his horse.
Quote:
Dilfer provided analysis for ESPN during Thursday night's Titans-Arizona Cardinals game and offered real insight into his friend's character.

"I know what kind of man Matthew Hasselbeck is," said Dilfer. "There's a lot more to learn, and Matthew Hasselbeck can teach Jake Locker things that transcend football that will change his life for the better.

"The man has such a soul, such a heart ... (he) truly is one of the greatest people in the NFL."

And that's not just Dilfer heaping praise on a buddy. This is heartfelt love from a man who lost his 5-year-old son, Trevin, to heart disease in 2003 when Dilfer and Hasselbeck were teammates.

Losing his son nearly led despondent Dilfer to leave the NFL, too.

"(Hasselbeck was) walking me through the most difficult time of my life. I mean I was a mess," said Dilfer. "I'll be very transparent. I mean I was 265 pounds and drinking myself to sleep. I'm depressed, my wife's going, 'What's going on?' And it's that guy, Matthew Hasselbeck, that says, 'This is over. I love you too much to let you do this to yourself. You need to come back up to Seattle.' And I credit Matthew Hasselbeck for the type of father I am, the type of husband I am, because he really saved my life in 2003...
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UDgGmEVv9cQ
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trent Dilfer: Matt Hasselback saved my life

Wow, almost makes me want to root for Matt and the Tacks...almost. Good for Matt and good for Trent for sharing, I can't imagine what Trent must've went through. Every parents worst nightmare.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read