Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-23-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Meet the Houston Texans: a team built for the Super Bowl

Not to be:

Super Bowls matter, stats? Not so much! In other words, pretend I'm from Missery: "Show Me!"

*EDIT*

Super Bowl WINS matter!!

Signed,
The Buffalo Bills
Old 08-23-2012   #22
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyine watching the Titans game? Marioni their kick returner just broke his leg. It was gruesome.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Anyine watching the Titans game? Marioni their kick returner just broke his leg. It was gruesome.
Watching? Yes. I'm not sure how that's related to this thread, tho?
Old 08-23-2012   #24
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Watching? Yes. I'm not sure how that's related to this thread, tho?
Perhaps not related Bill but I'm still at work and the guide says the game VS the Bucs is tomorrow. It's on now???

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub played 16 games in 2009 and 2010. He could do so again this season. Our defense could be even better with a full season in Phillips system. AJ could play healthy for 16. Super Bowl? Yep, could be.
Old 08-23-2012   #26
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Matt Schaub played 16 games in 2009 and 2010. He could do so again this season. Our defense could be even better with a full season in Phillips system. AJ could play healthy for 16. Super Bowl? Yep, could be.
I'm actually hoping Shaub can do a few more than 16 this year
Old 08-24-2012   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Yeah, like 20.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-24-2012   #28
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I think it's awesome you came here when you had the whole league to choose from.
I view it more like this - I'm the lucky one to have stumbled upon such an awesome team, in a wonderful location with a fantastic Fanbase !
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose the Texans to follow?
Not at all ...long story short, I followed the NFL on and off for years but only got into it properly last year.... I got tickets for the London game and followed first the bears as they were huge here in the 80s... But to be honest I knew nothing about teams etc..... I tried following several teams including the Pats... I went to a tiny invite-only fan event recently and met Ray Lewis, Nate Solder... the Rams Steven Jackson was there too.... This just fueled my new love of all things NFL......I still couldnt settle on a team tho...End of the day I have no geographical link to any one state so it would be hard to follow a team for that reason.... In the end I decided I didn't want to be a bandwagon fan as half of the Uk fans seemingly root for NE.... I looked for teams who have had little success or are quite new. When I found out that the Texans are only going into third 11th season and have only made the play-offs once, won the AFC south just recently but no other real past success, I was intrigued .... Chatting to other Texans fans only started to intrigue me more.... I wanted to be part of a team that has the best in front of them with no past success to jump on like many bandwagoners tend to do.... So in the end it was an easy choice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Because deep down EVERYONE wants to be a Texan! Even those crazy Brits!

Lol yeeeehaw, Preach it brother .... This crazy Brit is over the moon to follow the Texans! I also want to bring my Wife out to Texas someday even tho shes terrified of tornadoes and hurricanes... They both terrify & fascinate me and Im a huge fan of storm chasers DVDs ..Which reminds me, I must check out that hurricane season thread.......i digress.....Can't wait for the reg season to start! Go Texans!!
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Brits are no crazier than Texans. Welcome to the maddness LondonTex.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #30
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Sounds like Brits are no crazier than Texans. Welcome to the maddness LondonTex.
Thank you sir!

Last edited by LondonTex; 08-24-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Accidentally clicked multi quote
Old 08-24-2012   #31
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I'm not saying our team can't be beaten any given Sunday, but how many teams could of done what we did last year. Losing our only WR threat and down to our 3rd string QB, many tems would of collapsed at that point, but we didn't.
Moral victory.

I don't think we did anything special last year. Matt got us to 7-3, so he basically set the stage for us to lock up the division. Unfortunately, even though we had several weeks left in the regular season before the playoffs started, we decided not to go get a capable veteran QB. As soon as they decided to go with the rookie, the season was destined to end with an early exit. The same result may have occurred with a veteran, but it was virtually assured with a rookie.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #32
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27347 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Moral victory.

I don't think we did anything special last year. Matt got us to 7-3, so he basically set the stage for us to lock up the division. Unfortunately, even though we had several weeks left in the regular season before the playoffs started, we decided not to go get a capable veteran QB. As soon as they decided to go with the rookie, the season was destined to end with an early exit. The same result may have occurred with a veteran, but it was virtually assured with a rookie.
Nothing special? We made our first playoffs... we turned one of the worst defenses of the league into arguably the best... we lost arguably our top 4 players (Schaub, Foster, Andre, Mario) for extended periods of times. We finished the season with a 5th round rookie who orchestrated a game winning drive late in the 4th quarter to finally get us to the post season - and we won our first playoff game. And we got really close to getting to the conference championship.

Nothing special? It was one of the most special things I ever experienced as a sports fan.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I'd be fine with 16, as long as the last 4 result in wins & a Lombardy.

Imagine if Shaub's injury only kept him out until the play-offs in 2011...
Old 08-24-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
.... This just fueled my new love of all things NFL......I still couldnt settle on a team tho...End of the day I have no geographical link to any one state so it would be hard to follow a team for that reason.... In the end I decided I didn't want to be a bandwagon fan as half of the Uk fans seemingly root for NE....
Sorry to hi-jack your post LT, but just wanted to point out the two Jags games in London every year is going to be huge for the Jags.

Just like playing on Thanksgiving, it sounded like a pain when it started, but now 30 teams in the NFL wish they had that deal.
Old 08-24-2012   #35
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Moral victory.

To me, an "early exit" is losing the first playoff game. To me, a moral victory would have been limping into the playoffs and then getting beaten in the first round.

While I agree that our hopes of winning a SB were dashed as soon as Schaub went down, I don't see the season as some sort of hopeless waste or just some moral victory. We didn't get to the playoffs and get pantsed. We didn't even get to the divisional round of the playoffs and get embarrassed. We crushed the Bengals. We gave the Ravens everything they could handle and had a shot to take it from them.

Now, if you're in the "if you're not first, you're last" crowd, then there's no talking to you. That's a great mindset for an athlete but a bad mindset for a fan. The way an athlete approaches the season (one game at a time, don't look ahead, if you're not first, you're last) is not the way a fan should approach it unless they want to be miserable.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #36
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Sorry to hi-jack your post LT, but just wanted to point out the two Jags games in London every year is going to be huge for the Jags.

Just like playing on Thanksgiving, it sounded like a pain when it started, but now 30 teams in the NFL wish they had that deal.
I believe it'll only be one game per year in London for the Jags not two.... But yeah, fair play to them ... I'm just happy to see games in the Uk no matter who's paying... Such a privilege for us

On a similar subject - When the Rams announced their original 3 year plan to play here, very few fans over on NFL Uk considered switching from their teams to support the Rams....Once we're settled on a team, most of us stick to it. I bet some UK fans will consider switching to the Jags as they say they'll be here for 4 straight years..... This will maybe attract new and casual fans... but most will stick with their team. I wish some of my buddies were Jags then we could have some banter!

I know I have little chance of ever seeing the Texans over here, even for a road game but that's fine. I'll just have to make the trip someday !
Old 08-24-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Good find, thanks for posting.

...and mega-rep for the avatar
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #38
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 91682 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Nothing special? We made our first playoffs... we turned one of the worst defenses of the league into arguably the best... we lost arguably our top 4 players (Schaub, Foster, Andre, Mario) for extended periods of times. We finished the season with a 5th round rookie who orchestrated a game winning drive late in the 4th quarter to finally get us to the post season - and we won our first playoff game. And we got really close to getting to the conference championship.

Nothing special? It was one of the most special things I ever experienced as a sports fan.
It was to me too man. Sometimes u learn more from losing than yo do from winning. Sure we all wanted to win it all, who doesn't but we played a damn good game of pocker with the hand we had, even after they changed dealers we still did pretty damn good.

T.Js TD pass with 8 seconds left to lock up the AFC was a moment of greatness I will never forget !!!
Old 08-24-2012   #39
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex
.... This just fueled my new love of all things NFL......I still couldnt settle on a team tho...End of the day I have no geographical link to any one state so it would be hard to follow a team for that reason.... In the end I decided I didn't want to be a bandwagon fan as half of the Uk fans seemingly root for NE....
The irony of half the fans in the UK being fans of the Patriots...
Old 08-24-2012   #40
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yeah, like 20.
I'd rather skip the wild card

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read