Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-21-2012   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Boomer Esiason "Schaub Reminds Me of Me"

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...f-me/#comments

Didn't see this posted. No transcript. Only MP3. Starts at 5:35 mark.

He is really comparing the good team he was on compared to the great team Matt is on.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boomer Esiason "Schaub Reminds Me of Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...f-me/#comments

Didn't see this posted. No transcript. Only MP3. Starts at 5:35 mark.

He is really comparing the good team he was on compared to the great team Matt is on.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
Old 08-22-2012   #3
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't listen to the audio but...Boomer was as good a play action QB as I can remember.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
LOL. I know, right?
Old 08-22-2012   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

nevermind.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne

Last edited by Thorn; 08-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I recall Boomer being a pretty solid QB back in the day. We saw him at least twice a year since the Oilers were in the same division.

From his wiki page:

Quote:
At his retirement in 1997 he was among the most prolific quarterbacks in NFL history, finishing in the top 10 in many statistical categories.
He also led the Bengals to a Super Bowl, losing a close game to Joe Montana in the last drive of the game.

I do not see this comparison as being a bad thing.
Old 08-22-2012   #7
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

He did lead the Bengals to a Super Bowl and it took an epic drive by Joe Montana to beat him. I'd be pretty happy getting that type of result from Schaub.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2012   #8
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Wonder why all the hate on Boomer Esiason?? He was above average for his day in the NFL..

http://www.nfl.com/player/boomeresiason/2500562/profile

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #9
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I recall Boomer being a pretty solid QB back in the day. We saw him at least twice a year since the Oilers were in the same division.

From his wiki page:

He also led the Bengals to a Super Bowl, losing a close game to Joe Montana in the last drive of the game.

I do not see this comparison as being a bad thing.
Saw this comment after I posted mine, but I agree with you here obviously.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Boomer was good; he just wasn't Joe Montana.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Boomer was good; he just wasn't Joe Montana.
Well, Schaub might be good, but he's not Tom Brady.
Old 08-22-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Wonder why all the hate on Boomer Esiason?? He was above average for his day in the NFL..

http://www.nfl.com/player/boomeresiason/2500562/profile
He was a good QB. I was thinking more along the lines of him being so horrid as a TV game commentator. But, after listening to Schaub for these past years, he'd be 10 times worse to listen to than Boomer.

Meh. Ignore my post. LOL

Old 08-22-2012   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, Schaub might be good, but he's not Tom Brady.
I almost said that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #14
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub reminds me more of an aging Troy Aikman. Deadly accuracy and he has his version of Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and Jay Novacek. Not to mention our defense is now better than the Cowboys best defense. I think Johnathan Joseph is pretty darn close to being a shutdown corner like Deion was. Mind you, he played with a bad toe just about every year in Dallas.
Old 08-22-2012   #15
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Schaub reminds me more of an aging Troy Aikman. Deadly accuracy and he has his version of Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and Jay Novacek. Not to mention our defense is now better than the Cowboys best defense. I think Johnathan Joseph is pretty darn close to being a shutdown corner like Deion was. Mind you, he played with a bad toe just about every year in Dallas.
The homer is strong with this one
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you post stuff here as if you guys don't have a clue about the Bengals from those years. The Bengals were damn good for a season or two, and Boomer was a damn good QB for a while. Hell, the year that they had Icky Woods running like crazy they were a Joe Montana come back drive away from being SB champs against one of the best teams of all time.

This comparison is a huge compliment to the Texans, and the Texans haven't even been past the 2nd round before and have only made one post season in general. I'll gladly enjoy a comparison like this any day of the week.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
The Texans should have a damn good defense again, but to suggest that they are for sure better than the Cowboys defense of that era is pretty ridiculous after just one season. Schaub is a top 10 type of QB, but Aikman was a HOF guy. Holler at me when Schaub is even considered elite, much less a HOF guy. And you really take the cake by trying to act like Joseph was as good as Deion. I can't stand Deion, but you're trying to compare Joseph what the majority of knowledgeable football fans consider to be the best CB of all time. Give Joseph some time to have several years of being elite before comparing him to the best CB that ever played. Not even fair to Joseph. This pretty much smacks of homerism.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #18
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
The homer is strong with this one
lol
Old 08-22-2012   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Texans should have a damn good defense again, but to suggest that they are for sure better than the Cowboys defense of that era is pretty ridiculous after just one season.
The Texans have had one good year in ten. One. But, they are built to last for a few more years at a high level of play.

Old 08-22-2012   #20
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Due to his injury history and getting bailed out by the best WR in the game, I usually call Matt the white Daunte Culpepper.

I honestly think he may be closer to Jeff Garcia in his early 49ers days. Good, solid QB with an excellent RB and the best WR in football. Same mobility and arm strength as well.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read