Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-25-2005   #1
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tampa Bay gets SB

Just heard on Channel 11 news that TB got the SB for 2009. SHOCKER!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2009 to Tampa Bay

that's some BS
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

What? Link!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Found it, per NFL.com

This stinks!

Tampa Bay awarded Super Bowl XLIII

Quote:
WASHINGTON (May 25, 2005) -- Tampa Bay was awarded the 2009 Super Bowl today in a vote at the NFL owners meetings. It beat out three other finalists for the game: Atlanta, Houston and South Florida.

Super Bowl XLIII will be the fourth Super Bowl in Tampa, and the first one since 2001, when the Baltimore Ravens defeated the New York Giants, 34-7, in Super Bowl XXXV. The first Super Bowl in Tampa was held in 1984, when the Los Angeles Raiders beat the Washington Redskins, 38-9, in Super Bowl XVIII.

The 2006 game -- Super Bowl XL -- will be held in Detroit, followed by Miami in 2007 and Glendale, Arizona, in 2008.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Tampa awarded Super Bowl...
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It was also on Channel 11 news!
Old 05-25-2005   #7
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

When would be the next Super Bowl for Houston to target...2010, 2011?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2005   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
When would be the next Super Bowl for Houston to target...2010, 2011?

I read somewhere that 2010 would go to the Jets, if they get their new stadium build. Don't know about 2011.
Old 05-25-2005   #9
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Have been waiting for the announcement since 10am...what a waste of time.

Any theories as to why Tampa?

So, when is our next chance at this? 2020?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #10
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

2009 was our last chance unless the jets cant get their stadium workin.Here I hope this link can explain why they got it.
Old 05-25-2005   #11
Negative Jesus
Rookie

That really came out of nowhere . The two frontrunners were Houston and Atl from what Ive been hearing .

I was out of the Country for the last SB , now it looks like I will have to wait even LONGER to go my 1st SB . :brickwall

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

NFL politics!! I feel like kicking myself when I get caught up in the excitement of something like this!! The NFL is all about the good old boys club, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, than they are in giving the SB to a deserving city!! Miami would have been a better choice than TB!! Even if they do have the SB in 2007!! I feel robbed!!
Old 05-25-2005   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow! Tampa Bay! Another small city hosting the SB?! I don't get it but I'm not worried. We'll get another one pretty soon.
Old 05-25-2005   #14
YodAa
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Jesus
That really came out of nowhere . The two frontrunners were Houston and Atl from what Ive been hearing .

I was out of the Country for the last SB , now it looks like I will have to wait even LONGER to go my 1st SB . :brickwall
You'll most likely have to wait until we get a new stadium because just look at this, from 2004 (Sb XXXVIII) to 2010 (Last SB site chosen yet) all but one of these sites have either new or renovated stadiums:

2004 XXXVIII Houston, Reliant Stadium: New
2005 XXXIX Jacksonville, ALLTell Stadium: Renovated
2006 XL Detroit, Ford Field: New
2007 XLI Miami, Dolphins Stadium: Old (Will be 20 yrs old in 2007)
2008 XLII Arizona (Glendale), Cardinals Stadium: New
2009 XLIII Tampa, Raymond James Stadium: Still relatively new (will only be 11 yrs old by 2009
2010 XLIV New York, Jets Stadium: New

You can coun't on 2011 probably being in one of the new stadiums like maybe cowboys or Colts, but hey! If my Bucs could get an 11 yr old stadium an SB who knows maybe we do have a chance.
Old 05-25-2005   #15
MikeMc
All Pro

Apparently some city officials were saying how other cities, ATL & TB, were going to pay to have the SB in their city. What is it coming to now..the Olympics!? I guess if the SB generated $300mil for Houston the last time, Mayor White could have paid the NFL SB committee at least $100mil to host the 2009 SB. I wonder if that is the future of the SB. 5 year deal for $50mil per.

I guess the NFL & SB Committe have that type of power considering the amount of $$$ generated for a host city's economy.

So much for the Downtown revitalization plan and the Light Rail!!! Money not well spent!! And mayor white said he would not give into tactics of "buying" the SuperBowl...ummm, what did you do with the billions of $$$ dumped into Downtown and the light rail!?
Old 05-25-2005   #16
YodAa
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
NFL politics!! I feel like kicking myself when I get caught up in the excitement of something like this!! The NFL is all about the good old boys club, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours, than they are in giving the SB to a deserving city!! Miami would have been a better choice than TB!! Even if they do have the SB in 2007!! I feel robbed!!
Whats wrong with TB? They've already hosted 3 SBs so obviously they know how to throw a party. And TB is probably a fun city since they didn't even need a new stadium in their pitch to get the SB.
Old 05-25-2005   #17
geofb
Veteran

In all likelihood, this was our last shot at a SB in the near term. Ours will be an old stadium with many new ones up and running by the time the next open date comes along. Our next real chance will come in about 2035 when we build a new stadium.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #18
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Default Houston Hosed again...

When's Dallas getting theirs? 2011? I guess we could go for 2012 - but there'll be another new stadium somewhere that will get priority...
SteelBlueToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Very surprising, I was sure we wouldn't get it but was just as sure that
Atlanta would ! TB was a real long shot - I'm sure there were Vegas odds,
wonder what they were ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #20
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 880 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

A major surprise. Looks like Houston was eliminated based on having hosted it more recently.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read