Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-20-2012   #1
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Adrian Peterson

How do ya'll feel about AD this season? He's obviously coming off a huge injury (tore his ACL, MCL, and meniscus week 16). But at the same time he's Adrian freakin Peterson, the guy is a genetic freak and has been a top performer since he came into the league.

So obviously he's not a top 3 pick this season but I was shocked when he fell to me in my live draft in the 4th round at pick 35. I was ecstatic to get him at that pick even as the jebronis in my league mocked me.

So where do you guys project him this year? Are you shying away because of the injury or are you willing to gamble that Peterson will outplay his draft position?
Old 08-20-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson

I would probably take him in the fourth too, but only if other options were not available. I personally don't like to deal with injured guys if I can avoid it. He hasn't even played in the preseason yet, so I don't know when he will be playing in the regular season. He's a risk, and I would prefer someone else take him.
Old 08-20-2012   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

He went in the 2nd in my league. Seems about right for a player with his ability.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I would probably take him in the fourth too, but only if other options were not available. I personally don't like to deal with injured guys if I can avoid it. He hasn't even played in the preseason yet, so I don't know when he will be playing in the regular season. He's a risk, and I would prefer someone else take him.
You're right it's definitely a big risk and I'm pretty risk adverse when it comes to my top 6 picks or so. I had him on my do not draft list because I was seeing him go no later than pick 20 and I wasn't prepared to spend that much on him. The live draft played out differently and I just couldn't bring myself to pass on that kind of upside. I would also advise anybody who picks him to handcuff Gerhart.

He's been practicing without contact and says he's ready to go. There's talk that he might play in their next preseason game but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-20-2012   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 25361 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be trying to get him. He said back in June that his goal is to play in the first regular season game, and I believe him.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #6
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Anybody else take a chance on Peterson? It's paying off in spades right now.
Old 11-05-2012   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Took him in the 3rd round, in a keeper league. He'll cost me a 1st next year.
Old 11-05-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, he fell to my third round pick in two different leagues, so I took him there after considering other options. The other RBs available at the time were just crap because all of my leagues went heavy on RBs early. MJD was getting picked before AP, which I thought was crazy (this was during his holdout). RBs that were available around AP's pick were Gore, Richardson, Doug Martin, Shonn Greene, Darren Sproles, Stevan Ridley and Willis MacGahee. When looking at that lot before the season started, I had to take a chance on AP, especially in a non-PPR league.

I'm 8-1 in both of those leagues with AP, and they are very good teams. I was able to make Aaron Rodgers my 1st pick in both of those leagues, and got a different RB in the 2nd of both. One was Fjax and the other Doug Martin. AP and Martin got me 93 points together this week in the PPR league, and I was 5 points shy of setting a new record for most points in one week (202), which was set earlier this year breaking the previous record of 186.

I'm expecting at least one trophy at the end of the year!
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 239143 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Got AP 37th overall. Everyone kinda forget about him with draft lists made based on his injury status. A collective groan let out when I picked him. If only I'd make better lineup decisions we'd be in first.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read