Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The all encompassing cut Alan Ball thread

So far I have been very unimpressed with Ball's performance. With McCain and Harris needing more reps I think it's about time we give Alan Ball the boot.
The only thing I fear is Alan staying around because Wade likes guys from his old Cowboy defense.
Does anyone see reason why we should keep him? Has he done any good?
From what I've seen. I say no.

Not to mention Kjax looks to be playing fairly well so far. We need to finally throw Brandon Harris in the fire and see what he can do. I say cut Ball and give Harris his reps.

Ball's terrible, really terrible. He's a camp body (I hope) and never had any kind of shot here but it's got to be time to send him packing. I can't imagine any reason he'd need to stick around.

Seems he was better than last week so I'm ok for now. Since he is familiar with Wade's system, think he would be better than what I've seen. Might be nerves as he knows this is probably last shot in NFL. Give him another game.

Seems he was better than last week so I'm ok for now. Since he is familiar with Wade's system, think he would be better than what I've seen. Might be nerves as he knows this is probably last shot in NFL. Give him another game.

It was a different game for him. He didn't have three pass-interference calls go against him, but he let his receiver beat him twice and both should have been touchdowns. Luckily for Ball the SF QB overthrew A.J. Jenkins both times.

I'm all for it.

cast-1.jpg

I guess bringing a vet like Ball in was to give our young confidence in their game. You know, like let them see first hand what NOT to do. He should be gone after the first cuts I'm hoping.

I guess bringing a vet like Ball in was to give our young confidence in their game. You know, like let them see first hand what NOT to do. He should be gone after the first cuts I'm hoping.

LOL!

Actually, while I was the first one to warn people not to put too much stock into the Ball's signing, I'm not going to write him off just yet.

He was quite a good tackler especially on ST.

That and his versatility (having played a ton both at safety and CB) may earn him a spot.

It will depend on how the other young CBs shake out.

Both Carmichael and McMannis showed promises, but who knows what Wade thinks.

Personally I think Alan Ball is a conspiracy theory! They brought him in so people would stop talking **** about Kareem Jackson! It seems to be working, some people are even praising KJ now.

Ball looks just as bad as Kareem did his first year, at least Kareem could say the defense as a whole was terrible also.

Ball was drafted by Dallas when Wade was the head coach there.

He was brought to Houston... while Wade is the DC here.

Surely Wade didn't strike out twice on this guy.

I recall watching Ball playing college ball at Illinois State. He was not great then and was always shocked he got a chance in the NFL.

I'll say this: Not that I want it to happen, but I believe Alan Ball IS going to make this team. He has been playing with the 2's over Harris & Carmichael all preseason. When all is said & done I think Ball is ahead of both on the depth chart.

I'll say this: Not that I want it to happen, but I believe Alan Ball IS going to make this team. He has been playing with the 2's over Harris & Carmichael all preseason. When all is said & done I think Ball is ahead of both on the depth chart.

He may just make the team .... What Ive noticed rewatching the last game and this one is that he's pretty good in zone coverage. He's horrible in man situations .... cause he doenst locate the ball.

Carmichael got abused a few times ..... in both man and zone.

Do the X-Dallas players we picked up remind yall of the time when we picked up the X-Green Bay when Sherman was here? Its like a re-run almost. Ugh Samkon Gado.

I've been saying this.
Wade is giving him all short of face time.

I was hoping Carmichael would improve but not so far.

Not that it matters much.

I think they have been grooming Harris for the nickel spot so they can bump McCain to the outside when the need arises.

Back