Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2012   #1
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The all encompassing cut Alan Ball thread

So far I have been very unimpressed with Ball's performance. With McCain and Harris needing more reps I think it's about time we give Alan Ball the boot.
The only thing I fear is Alan staying around because Wade likes guys from his old Cowboy defense.
Does anyone see reason why we should keep him? Has he done any good?
From what I've seen. I say no.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #2
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The all encompassing cut Alan Ball thread

ball just looks lost out here very robotic. time to let him go..
Old 08-19-2012   #3
tielahr
Rookie

Rep Power: 428 tielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respectedtielahr is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to mention Kjax looks to be playing fairly well so far. We need to finally throw Brandon Harris in the fire and see what he can do. I say cut Ball and give Harris his reps.
tielahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ball's terrible, really terrible. He's a camp body (I hope) and never had any kind of shot here but it's got to be time to send him packing. I can't imagine any reason he'd need to stick around.
Old 08-19-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems he was better than last week so I'm ok for now. Since he is familiar with Wade's system, think he would be better than what I've seen. Might be nerves as he knows this is probably last shot in NFL. Give him another game.
Old 08-19-2012   #6
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Seems he was better than last week so I'm ok for now. Since he is familiar with Wade's system, think he would be better than what I've seen. Might be nerves as he knows this is probably last shot in NFL. Give him another game.
It was a different game for him. He didn't have three pass-interference calls go against him, but he let his receiver beat him twice and both should have been touchdowns. Luckily for Ball the SF QB overthrew A.J. Jenkins both times.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If ball continues to get reps over brandon Harris that would be pretty disturbing.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Alan Ball is the lovechild of Petey Faggins and Phillup Buchanon.

Full of fail.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Alan Ball is the lovechild of Petey Faggins and Phillup Buchanon.

Full of fail.
"Petey-Bacon" Ball??
Old 08-19-2012   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #11
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I'm all for it.

Ouch!

You had to go there!

Lol!
Old 08-19-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm all for it.

Really? REALLY??? You went with the burdizzo?

That was actually really funny!!!
Old 08-19-2012   #13
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Burdizzo, learned a new word today, bad images in my head man, bad images. Rep
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm all for it.

Ouch, that really hurts!

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess bringing a vet like Ball in was to give our young confidence in their game. You know, like let them see first hand what NOT to do. He should be gone after the first cuts I'm hoping.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"Petey-Bacon" Ball??
That's funny, too. LOL!

But I may change it to "Petit Bacon Ball".

Petit (French) = Tiny, Little.
Old 08-19-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I guess bringing a vet like Ball in was to give our young confidence in their game. You know, like let them see first hand what NOT to do. He should be gone after the first cuts I'm hoping.
LOL!

Actually, while I was the first one to warn people not to put too much stock into the Ball's signing, I'm not going to write him off just yet.

He was quite a good tackler especially on ST.

That and his versatility (having played a ton both at safety and CB) may earn him a spot.

It will depend on how the other young CBs shake out.

Both Carmichael and McMannis showed promises, but who knows what Wade thinks.
Old 08-20-2012   #18
FosterGreatness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He was quite a good tackler especially on ST.
Lol.. that should happen when the receiver catches the ball every time it is thrown in your vicinity.
FosterGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #19
FosterGreatness
Rookie

Personally I think Alan Ball is a conspiracy theory! They brought him in so people would stop talking **** about Kareem Jackson! It seems to be working, some people are even praising KJ now.
FosterGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterGreatness View Post
Personally I think Alan Ball is a conspiracy theory! They brought him in so people would stop talking **** about Kareem Jackson! It seems to be working, some people are even praising KJ now.
^^^ This.

In comparison to Ball, KJ is like Nnamdi and Revis rolled into one.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read