Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2012   #21
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5772 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An Open Letter to Mr. Lestar Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
yes, i am familiar with a certain wr1 in det, and i don't like it when he does it either, but i can tolerate a little bit because he is one of the best at his craft.

There are exceptions to the celebration "rule": 3rd and long, keeping a 4th quarter come-from-behind drive alive. Let's not turn my feedback into a debate of boundary conditions. If you disagree, that's great. Everyone has an opinion, and i expressed mine. I observed a pattern of behavior last night in mr. Jean that started to scratch a certain sensitive nerve, made irritated by a certain wr who was recently shown the door. I don't want this to become a habit. Especially from someone who has yet to play a single snap of regular season nfl football.
spot on!!!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #22
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe youre upset because every catch hes made as a Texan has been a first down, all of them.. hence the first down motion... i hope to see it all season because that means the chains are moving..

i swear texanstalk has the largest collection of grumpy old men across all the interwebs..
Old 08-19-2012   #23
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
I just saw his touchdown! Nothing but class afterwards. It's not bragging if you back it up!
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #24
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post

There is another certain player on this team that is notorious for doing this.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Really. Doesnt. Matter. Just as long he doesnt break our a sharpee or eat some popcorn and shake some pom-poms I dont care.

He needs to correct the announcers on how to pronounce his name. That bothers me more.
Whats wrong with all that ? .... This is entertainment. TO entertained , most of us dont like him cause he didnt / doesnt play for our team .....If he did that playing for us we'd have been jumping for joy.
Dude gave his all for the Iggles playing on a broken foot. He may say some questionable sh!t and full of himself .... But like TO and what he accomplished as a WR.

Quote:
There are exceptions to the celebration "rule": 3rd and long, keeping a 4th quarter come-from-behind drive alive. Let's not turn my feedback into a debate of boundary conditions. .
He does that when the clock is ticking down in the 4th quarter .... Kubiak's gonna strangle him for wasting precious seconds.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Whats wrong with all that ? .... This is entertainment. TO entertained , most of us dont like him cause he didnt / doesnt play for our team .....If he did that playing for us we'd have been jumping for joy.
Dude gave his all for the Iggles playing on a broken foot. He may say some questionable sh!t and full of himself .... But like TO and what he accomplished as a WR.
Really shocked to hear you say this of all people. I would have been embarrassed if TO was on the Texans pulling all of that crap throughout those years. I'd never want a guy like TO on the Texans. Sure he may have put up great numbers and been a great exciting WR to watch, but he brought teams down and made people miserable to play for him as well as his coaches. He turned his team's success into circus shows. WR's like TO have always historically been more trouble than they're worth and end up getting traded and kicked out of town. Irvin is the only one I can think of that didn't. Irvin was a great leader though, but now that I think of it, he tried to stab a teammate while getting a hair cut.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #27
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 60163 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

might as well cut Andre too, can't have all this non-sense of celebrating first downs or showing emotion.
Old 08-19-2012   #28
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems like many of you are jumping the gun on Lestar Jean already. Sure, he had a great game and it's great to see, but it's pre season. There are pre season warriors every year on all sorts of teams that disappear once the season starts. Have people forgotten of Jacoby Jones and what a beast he was? I'll admit that I got sucked into that at the time. That won't happen again. I'll patiently wait until the season starts and we're 4 or 5 games into it, before I start proclaiming Lestar Jean and Keyshawn Martin these great new WR's for this team. I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far and I hope it continues, but lets wait until we see these guys tearing it up in the regular season before we start acting like these guys are even worth making a fuss over.
Old 08-19-2012   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Really shocked to hear you say this of all people. I would have been embarrassed if TO was on the Texans pulling all of that crap throughout those years. I'd never want a guy like TO on the Texans. Sure he may have put up great numbers and been a great exciting WR to watch, but he brought teams down and made people miserable to play for him as well as his coaches. He turned his team's success into circus shows. WR's like TO have always historically been more trouble than they're worth and end up getting traded and kicked out of town. Irvin is the only one I can think of that didn't. Irvin was a great leader though, but now that I think of it, he tried to stab a teammate while getting a hair cut.
Honestly we only know one side of the story ..... So he called out a QB for choking .... who puked on the field in a critical situation when he was out there on a broken foot.

Sure he was a circus at other stops .... but you cant dispute his production not competetive fire.

Circus = entertainment.

Old 08-19-2012   #30
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kevin Walter almost always gives a first down signal.
That was the first thing that came to my mind. I've been 4 games at Reliant and for some reason the Walter first down pose (?) has always been a vivid memory.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #31
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Honestly we only know one side of the story ..... So he called out a QB for choking .... who puked on the field in a critical situation when he was out there on a broken foot.

Sure he was a circus at other stops .... but you cant dispute his production not competetive fire.

Circus = entertainment.
Is this a serious? Multiple incidents on all these different teams isn't "one side of the story." It's a long pattern of incidents which suggests that his one side has about as much credibility as Casey Anthony's one side of a story.

He tried to humiliate Garcia and make the public think he was gay. What the hell did Garcia ever do to TO? He trashed his O line repeatedly in San Fran and also trashed his HC Marriuchi. He was kicked out of town and went from a hero to a zero over there.

He then was traded to Baltimore and then whined his way out of that trade to become an Eagle. He begged and begged to become an Eagle. Once he became an Eagle he trashed Mcnabb when Mcnabb carried that team to a SB when TO was hurt. What kind of teammate trashes their QB for not winning a SB when that same QB had been to 3 previous conference title games? He then the next season trashed the Eagles management, Mcnabb, and under minded Andy Reid many times to where they had to kick him off the team.

He then got to go to a great Cowboys team where Romo was on fire. He repeatedly threw Romo under the bus, had a problems with Todd Haley early on, had a suicide incident, and was so bad that the entire Cowboys organization had to beg Jerry JOnes to let go of him. Jones even said that he didn't want to, but his entire staff had to convince him.

Even in Buffalo he trashed Trent Dilfer, but it didn't make the news hardly since the Bills were so bad. People act like he behaved, but had that been the case the Bills wouldn't have let him go. He did make negative comments about Dilfer after two games though.

All in all, the guy had pro bowl QB's everywhere he went other than in Buffalo and Cinci and was booted off of every single team and left in shame other than in his last two stops which were considered "last chance" opportunities.

ANd let's not forget his recent problems he caused in the Canadian league or wherever he was playing. THe ****ing guy even got booted out of there for causing problems.

You don't have a leg to stand on to defend TO man. It's like trying to suggest that Hitler was good for Germany.

ANd to suggest that the circus brings entertainment is one of the most asinine things I've ever heard. The circus problems that TO has caused brought teams down and was "bad entertainment." It's a reason why TO wasn't wanted by any teams and is apparently broke without hardly anyone wanting to help.

We don't know "one side of the story" with TO. He said the majority of this stuff publicly. And how do you defend a guy as saying it was his word against another guy's word when his history has proven that he throws everyone under the bus. THeir is no credibility with a guy like that.
Old 08-19-2012   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Im not defending him for all that garbage Tex , im just saying I have no problem with his celebrations with a sharpie , pompoms or popcorn. Its entertainment. And that for all his faults , you cant question his competetiveness ....

Old 08-19-2012   #33
FosterGreatness
Rookie

Quote:
I completely agree with this. WAY more trouble than it is worth. That's one of the reasons I really like the Texans (other than it being my Hometown team), all of the players are professional. Going to Training Camp and being able to talk to them is enjoyable, you don't have any Dez Bryant types pieces of **** acting a fool.
FosterGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #34
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I just walked to the kitchen to get some snacks. Upon successfully acquiring said snacks, I did the 1st Down sign...just saying, some got it - some don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #35
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Im not defending him for all that garbage Tex , im just saying I have no problem with his celebrations with a sharpie , pompoms or popcorn. Its entertainment. And that for all his faults , you cant question his competetiveness ....
I'd never question his competitiveness or his work ethic. But his celebrations and stuff like that is about his self promotion. Guys who focus on that historically have proven to be bad for their teams in the long run. If I had a dollar for every time these guys have claimed that Chad Johnson wasn't a problem I'd be rich. Chad Johnson tried to punch his coach at halftime, drove Carson Palmer crazy, and alienated a lot of his teammates for years in Cinci.

I'll gladly take the great WR that just does his job like AJ, Fitz, Calvin Johnson, and Marvin Harrison.
Old 08-19-2012   #36
FosterGreatness
Rookie

Quote:
It seems like many of you are jumping the gun on Lestar Jean already. Sure, he had a great game and it's great to see, but it's pre season. There are pre season warriors every year on all sorts of teams that disappear once the season starts. Have people forgotten of Jacoby Jones and what a beast he was? I'll admit that I got sucked into that at the time. That won't happen again. I'll patiently wait until the season starts and we're 4 or 5 games into it, before I start proclaiming Lestar Jean and Keyshawn Martin these great new WR's for this team. I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far and I hope it continues, but lets wait until we see these guys tearing it up in the regular season before we start acting like these guys are even worth making a fuss over.
I watched Lestar Jean in training camp last year and they were doing endzone drills, he was a mirror image of Andre Johnson... making jump ball catches over defenders, the crowd was cheering... it was impressive. This year I didn't see any endzone catches but he made some nice plays in 7 on 7 scrimmages, I also read some reports that he dropped a few passes though.

I'm not saying he will be the next Andre Johnson or anything of that nature but I have been impressed by what I've seen from him both last year and this year. He made some nice plays in both PreSeason games this year. I'm very optimistic about his future and hope he continues to grow.
FosterGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #37
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Lame. Plenty of others do it. Plenty.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear Mr. Jean,

You are looking to have a fine preseason, and I hope you make this team. That said, I have a concern. When you catch a pass for a first down, kindly give the ball to the official or simply put it on the ground (ahem, after the whistle). Please stop celebrating first downs -- it's beneath a professional. Save it for when and where it counts: the end zone. Please look to #80 for an example. This fan base does not suffer prima donnas kindly.

Keep up the good work, and know that despite the constructive criticism, I am rooting for you to succeed.

Best Regards,
Rick
BOOOOOOOooooooo! I don't like the No Fun League.
Old 08-19-2012   #39
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterGreatness View Post
I watched Lestar Jean in training camp last year and they were doing endzone drills, he was a mirror image of Andre Johnson... making jump ball catches over defenders, the crowd was cheering... it was impressive. This year I didn't see any endzone catches but he made some nice plays in 7 on 7 scrimmages, I also read some reports that he dropped a few passes though.

I'm not saying he will be the next Andre Johnson or anything of that nature but I have been impressed by what I've seen from him both last year and this year. He made some nice plays in both PreSeason games this year. I'm very optimistic about his future and hope he continues to grow.
When he made that TD yesterday, I thought it was AJ.

Hopefully the guy can do big things, but I've seen it way to many times where players look great in pre season, and than completely fade away once the season starts. Jacoby Jones was the best example I could think of. Remember how good Vernan Morency used to look in pre season?
Old 08-19-2012   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post

might as well cut Andre too, can't have all this non-sense of celebrating first downs or showing emotion.
Sweet!!!

I agree, Andre is the pilar of all that is wrong with the NFL!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read