Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2012   #1
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An Open Letter to Mr. Lestar Jean

Dear Mr. Jean,

You are looking to have a fine preseason, and I hope you make this team. That said, I have a concern. When you catch a pass for a first down, kindly give the ball to the official or simply put it on the ground (ahem, after the whistle). Please stop celebrating first downs -- it's beneath a professional. Save it for when and where it counts: the end zone. Please look to #80 for an example. This fan base does not suffer prima donnas kindly.

Keep up the good work, and know that despite the constructive criticism, I am rooting for you to succeed.

Best Regards,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: An Open Letter to Mr. Lestar Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Please stop celebrating first downs -- it's beneath a professional.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #3
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yes, I am familiar with a certain WR1 in DET, and I don't like it when he does it either, but I can tolerate a little bit because he is one of the best at his craft.

There are exceptions to the celebration "rule": 3rd and long, keeping a 4th quarter come-from-behind drive alive. Let's not turn my feedback into a debate of boundary conditions. If you disagree, that's great. Everyone has an opinion, and I expressed mine. I observed a pattern of behavior last night in Mr. Jean that started to scratch a certain sensitive nerve, made irritated by a certain WR who was recently shown the door. I don't want this to become a habit. Especially from someone who has yet to play a single snap of regular season NFL football.
Old 08-19-2012   #4
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
That would be a funny picture to caption.
Old 08-19-2012   #5
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dear Mr. Jean,

You are looking to have a fine preseason, and I hope you make this team. That said, I have a concern. When you catch a pass for a first down, kindly give the ball to the official or simply put it on the ground (ahem, after the whistle). Please stop celebrating first downs -- it's beneath a professional. Save it for when and where it counts: the end zone. Please look to #80 for an example. This fan base does not suffer prima donnas kindly.

Keep up the good work, and know that despite the constructive criticism, I am rooting for you to succeed.

Best Regards,
Rick
At the risk of coming under fire from the OP, I disagree, respectfully. I quite enjoy the attitude possessed by the likes of Antonio Smith, Arian and Lestar. We need players like that. In my humble opinion. Plus, when I'm fired up after seeing the offense go stagnant, then Lestar helps us to continue moving the chains, by all means, let us know that's good for a Houston Texans....FIRST DOWN!!!!
Old 08-19-2012   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Walter almost always gives a first down signal.
Old 08-19-2012   #7
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ also did it after that big catch yesterday. Just sayin.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2012   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it when players celebrate. The only time I don't is when that guys team is losing by 35 with two minutes left to play.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, I am familiar with a certain WR1 in DET, and I don't like it when he does it either, but I can tolerate a little bit because he is one of the best at his craft.

There are exceptions to the celebration "rule": 3rd and long, keeping a 4th quarter come-from-behind drive alive. Let's not turn my feedback into a debate of boundary conditions. If you disagree, that's great. Everyone has an opinion, and I expressed mine. I observed a pattern of behavior last night in Mr. Jean that started to scratch a certain sensitive nerve, made irritated by a certain WR who was recently shown the door. I don't want this to become a habit. Especially from someone who has yet to play a single snap of regular season NFL football.
Rickyb, you want to give your observation/POV/opinion but do not want anyone to respond? Good luck with that! lol It is okay for you to give your feedback on a player but do not want any feedback on your view? Must be fun to live in your world. I watched gamed last night and am watching repeat right now & will look for that play. I don't recall any exaggerated celebration. I would think if it violated rules, referee would have penalized Texans.

Here's my feedback to you which I hope you receive in same manner you hope the target of your thread receives yours. I suggest you sit quietly where ever you watch our team with your hands in your laps. No verbal expressions of happiness or dismay. Certainly no cheers or amens. Act like you have watched an NFL game before. Just don't this around me because I get rather animated. In fact, I am rather proud of my trademark "Jump to my feet, take two small steps and do a field goal kick while loudly exclaiming OH YEAH! Whoo hoo!" to just about any positive play.
Old 08-19-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The only time this should be an issue is when we are in a hurry to score. Otherwise it's pretty common.
Old 08-19-2012   #11
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Really. Doesnt. Matter. Just as long he doesnt break our a sharpee or eat some popcorn and shake some pom-poms I dont care.

He needs to correct the announcers on how to pronounce his name. That bothers me more.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #12
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are you guys answering Mr. Jean's letter?
Old 08-19-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just watched two plays by Jean 3:58 & 2:36 of second quarter both resulted in first downs. Jean stands up and move his right hand in a motion referees give when marking the ball and showing progress. No wiggles, dances.etc. Much to do about nothing.
Old 08-19-2012   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Why are you guys answering Mr. Jean's letter?
Well, because it's open.

Not to offend, but I do the exact same thing whether I'm in the stands or in my recliner.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #15
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
AJ also did it after that big catch yesterday. Just sayin.
Another way Jean is just like Andre.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #16
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw his touchdown! Nothing but class afterwards. It's not bragging if you back it up!
Home team fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Well, because it's open.

Not to offend, but I do the exact same thing whether I'm in the stands or in my recliner.
You read other peoples mail in the stands or in your recliner?
Old 08-19-2012   #18
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear OP,

STFU and watch the game..

Your Pal,
LeStar Jean
Old 08-19-2012   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
The OP would appreciate it if you'd stop doing that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #20
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The only time this should be an issue is when we are in a hurry to score. Otherwise it's pretty common.
i recall kevin walter throwing the ball about 10 yards down field during the texans 2-minute drill in cincy.. poor ref had to run after it and mark the spot in a flash.. since the texans were in a hurry up..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read