Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-26-2012   #81
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Randy Bullock vs Shayne Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Well, I was thinking Bullock, but I just read that he went on IR. So, it would appear Graham gets it by default.
If you believe that I have some real estate to sell you in Antarctica.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #82
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24423 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
If you believe that I have some real estate to sell you in Antarctica.
I might be interested, but I need to know how's the fishing first?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #83
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL.
Per Sports Radio 610 text alert, Bullock to be placed on IR.

Classic.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #84
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I was thinking Bullock, but I just read that he went on IR. So, it would appear Graham gets it by default.
Just messing wit cha ...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #85
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I might be interested, but I need to know how's the fishing first?
Lol, better than you could ever imagine!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #86
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Shayne Graham, 34, is the 4th-most accurate FG kicker in NFL history at 85.9% (214-of-249) #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #87
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Kubiak will choose the kid, I bet a million fake dollars on it.

Graham is the veteran, he has made his kicks and he's had no glitchy leg at all.

But hey, last year Kubiak cut Hartmann and kept Maynard as Punter...after the 3rd preseason game. Then Maynard crapped all over himself in the final preseason game and so Kubiak cut Maynard and brought back Hartmann.

So we're talking about a great potential for us to cut the wrong guy, with no guarantee that the right guy will then make it back to our roster. Yay.
Think Someone owes Gary and Rick an appology ......

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2012   #88
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #89
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I love to poke fun at GP ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-26-2012   #90
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
LOL.
Per Sports Radio 610 text alert, Bullock to be placed on IR.

Classic.

Indeed. We have been intimating that this would happen--the Phantom I.R.--and it has happened.

Quote:

Two things:

1. I was basically bracing myself for the worst possible news, like telling yourself before the doctor's appointment that the doc is probably going to have bad news to report. So if it is bad news, the sting is not as bad as if you thought nothing was going to be wrong.

2. I also was using Jedi reverse mind trick on Kubiak. It worked.

Quote:
I love to poke fun at GP ....

LOL. I know, I know. I make an easy target. Such is life.

Special teams is very vital, IMO, with the question marks we have for AJ's health, Schaub's health, our RBs, and the right side of the OL. If special teams can be DECENT then I'm happy. But if special teams becomes a weak link, such as a rookie kicker shanking kicks and losing games, well...that magnifies the other problems we're sure to have at some point.

Kudos to Kubiak for I.R.'ing Bullock and retaining Graham. Whew!

Now if I can just be sure that Holliday is going to hold onto the ball...JJ Moses had like two fumbles in over two years here, handling both Kickoffs and Punt Returns, so Holliday has to cut that **** out immediately.
Old 08-26-2012   #91
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2. I also was using Jedi reverse mind trick on Kubiak. It worked.
And it only cost you a fake $million.
Old 08-26-2012   #92
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

LOL. I know, I know. I make an easy target. Such is life.

Its all in good fun GP ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-26-2012   #93
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm good for that fake mill, too.

I'm no welsher.
Old 08-26-2012   #94
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Its all in good fun GP ....
LOL. I know, man.

I still cannot believe he actually resisted the urge to start the rookie from College Station. Gary has ice water running through his veins all if a sudden.
Old 08-26-2012   #95
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL. I know, man.

I still cannot believe he actually resisted the urge to start the rookie from College Station. Gary has ice water running through his veins all if a sudden.
He always has .... its just now that he has the talent around him to make those kind of decisions.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 08-26-2012   #96
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Randy Bullock will have a mysterious injury coming in a couple weeks, I think.
Wow. Very well played, sir.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #97
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking this injury is a little legit. Not season ending legit, but he's actually hurt and not phantom to simply put him on IR.

It's not like Graham overwhelmingly beat him. Bullock has only missed one FG this preseason and it was a 52-yarder. They both equally suck at kickoffs as well.

Doesn't make any sense to name Graham the starter this early with one more preseason game to go, unless Bullock isn't healthy enough to play next weekend.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #98
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Ever since Graham shanked those 2 XPs for the Pats I've had a hard time trusting him. I know everyone misses FGs and everyone comes into the league as a Rookie but still...would've taken my chances w the rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #99
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I'm thinking this injury is a little legit. Not season ending legit, but he's actually hurt and not phantom to simply put him on IR.

It's not like Graham overwhelmingly beat him. Bullock has only missed one FG this preseason and it was a 52-yarder. They both equally suck at kickoffs as well.

Doesn't make any sense to name Graham the starter this early with one more preseason game to go, unless Bullock isn't healthy enough to play next weekend.
Kubiak did that last year with naming Maynard the punter after week 3.

Then Maynard sucked really bad in week 4, so Kubiak cuts Maynard and brings back Hartmann.

Except this time, there won't be a comeback because Bullock was I.R.'d.
Old 08-27-2012   #100
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read