Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2012   #41
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Randy Bullock vs Shayne Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'd like to see that theory tested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You and me both brother.
Hey, if hammering him gets those kind of results then why mess with what's working?
Old 08-19-2012   #42
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I didn't say Graham has outperformed Bullock. I said, in the event that Graham does outperform Bullock, Graham deserves the job. Struggle with reading comprehension?
sorry, skimming thru post where you responded "i agree" to a post that started with "graham should win the job". re-read and it seems you were agreeing to the notion that bullock shouldnt make the team solely on the fact that hes a draftpick.
Old 08-19-2012   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish they'd let one guy kick an entire preseason game. Next preseason game, the other guy kicks the whole game.

Give a guy a whole game and all attempts. Right???

Couldn't we learn more than swapping em out all game long? Let them feel like its all on them for a whole game.
Old 08-19-2012   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Hey, if hammering him gets those kind of results then why mess with what's working?
I think it would be worth it just to see the sparks flying from GP's tinfoil hat .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #45
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I wish they'd let one guy kick an entire preseason game. Next preseason game, the other guy kicks the whole game.

Give a guy a whole game and all attempts. Right???

Couldn't we learn more than swapping em out all game long? Let them feel like its all on them for a whole game.
I guess the only problem is what if there aren't many kick attempts in a game? What if you kick 6 times in game 1 and dont have a fg attempt at all in game 2. At least by switching off you give both guys a chance to get some kicks.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #46
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

For those who watched A&M games last year, did Bullock have a weak leg on kickoffs as an Aggie?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #47
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For those who watched A&M games last year, did Bullock have a weak leg on kickoffs as an Aggie?
Yes. that's his weakness.

But he was nails in pressure kicks.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2012   #48
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I would to see Bullock kick it off to the damn endzone.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #49
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Yeah, I would to see Bullock kick it off to the damn endzone.
Bullock is beginning to irratate me with his short kick offs. If he keeps that crap up, I'd just as soon keep Graham.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #50
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Bullock is beginning to irratate me with his short kick offs. If he keeps that crap up, I'd just as soon keep Graham.
Not sure I agree.

I'd rather the kicker who is a bit short on kickoffs than the guy who misses game winning field goals.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #51
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

who cares about kickoffs once Hitman Hartmann comes back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dP9QPFTW6c
Old 08-25-2012   #52
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

So far, I'm leaning Graham. Bulluck just hasn't done anything that makes me think he was worth a 5th round pick.
Old 08-25-2012   #53
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So far, I'm leaning Graham. Bulluck just hasn't done anything that makes me think he was worth a 5th round pick.
I'm with ya dude. I think Graham is the man.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'm with ya dude. I think Graham is the man.
Count me in that group.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #55
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't see how its a question at this point. Graham was asked to come in and compete. If its really a fair and open competition Graham has won at this point. We still have another game left but right now Bullock is the odd man out. We'll just have to vomit that 5th round pick if it comes down to it.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #56
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I really don't see how its a question at this point. Graham was asked to come in and compete. If its really a fair and open competition Graham has won at this point. We still have another game left but right now Bullock is the odd man out. We'll just have to vomit that 5th round pick if it comes down to it.
I'd rather vomit the 5th round pick than have to live with the mistake for an extended period of time. We've seen too many players make the team because of their draft status just go on to suck.
Old 08-25-2012   #57
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Drafted the wrong kicker.

The guy with the bigger leg drafted after Bullock plinks 55 & 52 yarders tonight.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #58
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd rather vomit the 5th round pick than have to live with the mistake for an extended period of time. We've seen too many players make the team because of their draft status just go on to suck.
Yeah, I would too but I was also thinking that maybe Kubiak told Graham: "We'll bring you in to compete, but the kid will have to completely throw up over himself in the preseason for us to keep you. Sound like a deal"

I would hope thats not the case and Bullock hasn't been bad so far. He just hasn't been better than Graham. Both of them suck at kickoffs, but Graham has had a bigger and more accurate leg if you base it on their total resumes thus far. I'm going by practices as well.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #59
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just out of courtesy, when Kubiak announces Bullock stays, would you kindly turn away from me before you let it rip?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak will choose the kid, I bet a million fake dollars on it.

Graham is the veteran, he has made his kicks and he's had no glitchy leg at all.

But hey, last year Kubiak cut Hartmann and kept Maynard as Punter...after the 3rd preseason game. Then Maynard crapped all over himself in the final preseason game and so Kubiak cut Maynard and brought back Hartmann.

So we're talking about a great potential for us to cut the wrong guy, with no guarantee that the right guy will then make it back to our roster. Yay.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read