Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-18-2012   #1
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WR Mess...

Came into my league's draft late and wasn't able to draft how I wanted. I need some wide receiver help.

My Corps:
Kenny Britt
Marques Colston
DeSean Jackson
Steve Smith

Thinking about trading Jackson and Smith for Roddy White. Why?
Steve Smith is on a decline and getting old. DeSean Jackson just ins't a good enough receiver for him to be my #1. Do you guys think this is worth it? Or should I go for another receiver.

My whole team:
Ben Roethlisberger
Tony Romo (I know...)
Reggie Bush
Shonn Greene
LeSean McCoy
Ben Tate
Kenny Britt
Marques Colston
DeSean Jackson
Steve Smith
Owen Daniels
Rob Gronkowski
Matt Bryant
Rian Lindell
Green Bay DEF
Old 08-18-2012   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: WR Mess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Steve Smith is on a decline and getting old.
People said that last year this time, too. Then he got a real QB and put up 1394 yards and 7 TDs.
Old 08-19-2012   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
People said that last year this time, too. Then he got a real QB and put up 1394 yards and 7 TDs.
^^^This!^^^

Dude still has the love of the game and fire in his heart. I drafted him.

Now I also drafted DeSean Jackson... I'm beginning to second guess myself on that selection... don't know if Vick will stay healthy enough to get him the ball all season.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Thinking about trading Jackson and Smith for Roddy White. Why?
Steve Smith is on a decline and getting old. DeSean Jackson just ins't a good enough receiver for him to be my #1. Do you guys think this is worth it?
Not no. But hell no. An 2-fer-1 where the guy you're trading for might not be better than the 2 you're trading? The one thing I would worry about is injuries, as Smith and Jackson have had concerns. But, that's why it's better to have 2 good players, rather than 1.
Old 08-19-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Beware of Steve Smith this year, his first 8 games were drastically different to his last 8. He had over 100 yards rec in 5 of the first 8 games, and only once in the final 8. I think defenses figured out how to defend Cam better and it resulted in Smith not doing as well. If Cam progresses well, he may be better this year, but I'm expecting lower output from him this year, and subsequently Smith as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read