Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012   #381
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

My notes:

Graham should win the Kicker job. But it's on Kubiak to see that, which means he'll end up making an emotional decision (Saving the rookie Aggie and cutting the veteran). If he keeps Graham, it'll be the right call. It's easy to see which guy has the steeled nerves out there.

Holliday makes the team this year. And he's earned it, too.

I'd like to see AJ and KW sit the rest of the way...so we can see more Posey. It'll be the only real way for us to see what he can do. Coming into the game at the 4th qtr with fellow 3rd stringers is not the way to see Posey get a chance to show something. It's looking like he'll be PS'd....nobody will claim him; there's nothing he's done out there for a team to want to claim him.

Dobbins by all rights should be a starter next to Cushing, but...that means the shot caller Bradie James is put on the bench. Ain't happening.

Forsett, Grimes. Grimes, Forsett. Hmmm....Well, I won't get bent if Forsett wins RB3. I think long term it's Grimes who has the bigger future. If Kubiak & Co. want Forsett, so be it. In the grand scheme of things, it's merely a situational RB type of deal like what we had with Ward anyways. Hopefully Forsett/Grimes isn't needed.

JJ Watt is more important to the D than any of us realized, and we all knew he was a big deal to begin with! Turns out that he's sort of The Man in that front line, and him being back on week 1 is going to be huge for the D.

Kareem Jackson killed a guy. Well, sort of.
Old 08-19-2012   #382
kingh99

Default Re: Game Day Texans VS Niners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I thought our receivers looked good. Schaub looked like he is 100%.

I have serious concerns about our O-line though. I don't think our 1st team ran well last week or this week. I know the 49ers have a stout D on the run, but we are supposed to be an elite run team. They won that battle, not us.

Also, we have got to do a better job at pass protection. I know it's just preseason, but I'm concerned. Again, my only knock on tonight was the O-line....and Graham whiffing on a block or 2.
The O-line didn't run block very well but then again the 49's have the top run defense in the league. Watching a feed from SF, what stuck with me was listening to their broadcasters say Schaub wasn't pressured all night. The same can't be said for the 49's QB.
Old 08-19-2012   #383
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
The O-line didn't run block very well but then again the 49's have the top run defense in the league. Watching a feed from SF, what stuck with me was listening to their broadcasters say Schaub wasn't pressured all night. The same can't be said for the 49's QB.
I don't know what game they were watching because I can vividly recall at least one time schaub was pressured and hit as he threw.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #384
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know what game they were watching because I can vividly recall at least one time schaub was pressured and hit as he threw.
His jersey was not the least bit dirty. That one play would have been a late hit if the defender put anything on it.
Old 08-19-2012   #385
kingh99

The other team's QB's have been getting dog piled the first two games. They have been forced to work in a very dirty pocket. Pressure has been relentless Schaub was roughed up once on that blitz in game one. The run blocking for the Texans has been substandard compared to last year.

Texans handled one average team with a potentially great QB who kicked their ass last season and a second great team with an average QB. I don't think they have trailed a minute this preseason.
Old 08-19-2012   #386
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
I don't think they have trailed a minute this preseason.
The Texans were down by 3 for about 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter, last night.
Old 08-19-2012   #387
Izzo01
Rookie

Anybody know where to find a replay online at I missed it yesterday don't have nfl network anymore either.
Izzo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2012   #388
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
JJ Watt is more important to the D than any of us realized, and we all knew he was a big deal to begin with! Turns out that he's sort of The Man in that front line, and him being back on week 1 is going to be huge for the D.
Watt is important, and many of "us" realized that. The surprise might be missing Cody. Much of the Niners damage running was right at the nose. I'm going to watch the replay today, but I think I'll see Mitchell getting manhandled early on.
Old 08-19-2012   #389
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I do not think Case played long enough to judge him.
Old 08-19-2012   #390
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Watt is important, and many of "us" realized that. The surprise might be missing Cody. Much of the Niners damage running was right at the nose. I'm going to watch the replay today, but I think I'll see Mitchell getting manhandled early on.
. I agree, we looked awful against the run last night. I'm going back and look closely at how we gave up those yards.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #391
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub throws a TD pass to Lestar Jean .... Kubiak chews him a new one. Priceless.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #392
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm very tempted to say dobbins should be the starter next to Cushing.

Bradie did some good things though, but he also has some bad moments.

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one thinking this.

I am not a proven talent evaluator but James has not been too much of a factor from what little I have noticed.

Is James worth the price we must pay to keep him?

Old 08-19-2012   #393
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Matt Schaub throws a TD pass to Lestar Jean .... Kubiak chews him a new one. Priceless.

Must have been for the fist pump demonstration.

Or maybe Schaub exposed the uber-secret red zone play we were saving for the regular season.

Old 08-19-2012   #394
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is it so hard to find a YouTube video of Schaub's TD pass to Lestar Jean inside the red zone? With the Texans' struggles inside the red zone for practically the past few years it was certainly nice to see, preseason or not. I wanted to see it again but I guess I'll have to wait until the NFL Network re-airs the game.
Old 08-19-2012   #395
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Why is it so hard to find a YouTube video of Schaub's TD pass to Lestar Jean inside the red zone? With the Texans' struggles inside the red zone for practically the past few years it was certainly nice to see, preseason or not. I wanted to see it again but I guess I'll have to wait until the NFL Network re-airs the game.
The TD pass is on NFL.com.
Old 08-19-2012   #396
Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

Is James worth the price we must pay to keep him?

James is making $890K with $250K guaranteed. Not really a question of money.
Old 08-19-2012   #397
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Yeah, I saw that. Don't know what the origin of Kubiak's ire but he sure let Matt have it on the sideline after that TD. Schaub looked at him like "WTF? OK, whatever" then shot Kubiak a glance as the walked off.

I wonder what he did wrong too.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #398
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yeah, I saw that. Don't know what the origin of Kubiak's ire but he sure let Matt have it on the sideline after that TD. Schaub looked at him like "WTF? OK, whatever" then shot Kubiak a glance as the walked off.

I wonder what he did wrong too.
Martin was wide open and in the endzone.
Old 08-19-2012   #399
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Martin was wide open and in the endzone.
OK, missed that. I'll look for it, I'm about to watch it again.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #400
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Who would put that on YouTube and so fast at that? Lol. Check NFL.com or ESPN highlights.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read