Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012   #361
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Day Texans VS Niners

Woot Texans! Great game by Schaub, Holliday, Martin, and Jean.

Texans - 20
49ers - 9
Old 08-18-2012   #362
mocean
Rookie

Nice game fellas!
mocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #363
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

With Martin and Jean doing well, I'm less worried about the recievers than I was before the pre-season games began.

Really like watching Holliday do his stuff.

Didn't get to see Case Keenum as much as I'd like. Schaub looked good, TJ rather ordinary.

I think the defense played a bit better than they did last week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #364
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
wasnt there another that was to potentially return punts / kicks as well?
They drafted K Martin with the idea of he might return punts and kickoffs....

at least that was the talk on draft day

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #365
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

That's who I was thinking of! Thanks. MSR
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #366
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Need to fix those gaping holes on the runs....

Got to the QB well again, I am liking what I see in Jamison and Dobbins. Harris might be a sleeper and help out while Cody is out.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #367
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I now feel a lot better about the WR situation after tonight's game.

Martin is going to be tough for opponents to deal with in the slot. Jean looks like he can develop into a #1 WR eventually if he keeps at it.

Did not see Posey, I was concerned a bout picking him when they did and still am.

Walter was non-existent.

Defense had trouble stopping run in first half, but picked up in the second. Harris looks like a sleeper in the middle, seemed to get good push.

Brandon Harris and Carmicheal looked solid, Harris made a few nice plays. Dobbins play surprised me today.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2012   #368
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Holliday looks to me like JJ Moses with a supercharger installed.

Concerned about stopping the run. SF is tough running the ball but still

Speaking of Ball I'm so glad he isn't going to be on this team. We're not doing useless CB's anymore supposedly and he's a completely useless CB.

Kevin Walter doesn't need to hit the bench, he'll have his role on this team. It just won't be the one he's been trying to fill for the last few years. WR options are going to be awesome to see. Jean & Martin are both so much better than Jacoby Jones and I'd prefer the team not waste any of their attention or time on returns. Keep Holliday and let the other young WR's focus on becoming the best WR's they can be.
Old 08-18-2012   #369
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Walter was non-existent.
FWIW, Walter had his man beat for a TD in the end zone, but Schaub threw it too high on what was I think his only real incompletion.
Old 08-18-2012   #370
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought our receivers looked good. Schaub looked like he is 100%.

I have serious concerns about our O-line though. I don't think our 1st team ran well last week or this week. I know the 49ers have a stout D on the run, but we are supposed to be an elite run team. They won that battle, not us.

Also, we have got to do a better job at pass protection. I know it's just preseason, but I'm concerned. Again, my only knock on tonight was the O-line....and Graham whiffing on a block or 2.
Old 08-19-2012   #371
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Holliday looks to me like JJ Moses with a supercharger installed.

Concerned about stopping the run. SF is tough running the ball but still

Speaking of Ball I'm so glad he isn't going to be on this team. We're not doing useless CB's anymore supposedly and he's a completely useless CB.

Kevin Walter doesn't need to hit the bench, he'll have his role on this team. It just won't be the one he's been trying to fill for the last few years. WR options are going to be awesome to see. Jean & Martin are both so much better than Jacoby Jones and I'd prefer the team not waste any of their attention or time on returns. Keep Holliday and let the other young WR's focus on becoming the best WR's they can be.
Watt and Cody were not in there. I wonder how much they would have affected the run?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #372
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Watt and Cody were not in there. I wonder how much they would have affected the run?
The LT and RG for the 9ers were dominant in the run game.

Watt and Cody would have helped though I think.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #373
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Jacobs posted this on Twitter:

Brandon Jacobs ‏@gatorboy45

Big ups to Kareem Jackson from the Texans he is a classy guy, he came to the the X-ray room to wish me a speedy recovery.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #374
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Was at the game tonight.

I liked Holliday, and Jean. The Offense moved well. Yes that includes the O-line. I did not expect the run game to do much, because the 9ers have probably the best run defense in the NFL. The protection was good except for a couple of hiccups. I feel by midseason, our O-line will be solid. Barring any injuries of course. Holliday seems to be coming into his own. Glover dropped an easy INT. That was upsetting. Jean, who I have been high on forever, has some good playmaking abilities. And Martin is doing great too. I am dissapointed with Posey so far. He should be getting more looks. I only saw him on the third string offense.

I am not worried about our wide reciever core anymore. Jean and Martin will make for outstanding talent. Defense was good as well. Overall good performance and holding the 49ers to only 9 points. Very good indeed.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #375
FosterGreatness
Rookie

Quote:
Dobbins play surprised me today.
I think Dobbins is underrated due to how powerful our LB corps is. I've always respected his game and I think he's a very good addition to our depth at that position.
FosterGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #376
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Was at the game tonight.

I liked Holliday, and Jean. The Offense moved well. Yes that includes the O-line. I did not expect the run game to do much, because the 9ers have probably the best run defense in the NFL. The protection was good except for a couple of hiccups. I feel by midseason, our O-line will be solid. Barring any injuries of course. Holliday seems to be coming into his own. Glover dropped an easy INT. That was upsetting. Jean, who I have been high on forever, has some good playmaking abilities. And Martin is doing great too. I am dissapointed with Posey so far. He should be getting more looks. I only saw him on the third string offense.

I am not worried about our wide reciever core anymore. Jean and Martin will make for outstanding talent. Defense was good as well. Overall good performance and holding the 49ers to only 9 points. Very good indeed.
It's hard for me to be critical of a player who hasn't really seen the field so far. Being on the 3rd string offense just indicates he has been outplayed by Martin/Jean, which seems quite evident right now. Was Posey even targeted once against the 49ers?
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #377
FosterGreatness
Rookie

Quote:
Defense had trouble stopping run in first half, but picked up in the second.
Yeah I agree with this. Outside of the two draws were they gained some massive yardage, I don't think our defense did that bad against the run. We were missing some key components (Watt, Cody) as a couple of other people have mentioned, that's a pretty big factor in my mind.
FosterGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #378
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
It's hard for me to be critical of a player who hasn't really seen the field so far. Being on the 3rd string offense just indicates he has been outplayed by Martin/Jean, which seems quite evident right now. Was Posey even targeted once against the 49ers?
I believe Keenum missed him on roll out.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #379
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterGreatness View Post
I think Dobbins is underrated due to how powerful our LB corps is. I've always respected his game and I think he's a very good addition to our depth at that position.
I'm very tempted to say dobbins should be the starter next to Cushing.

Bradie did some good things though, but he also has some bad moments.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #380
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Brandon Jacobs posted this on Twitter:

Brandon Jacobs ‏@gatorboy45

Big ups to Kareem Jackson from the Texans he is a classy guy, he came to the the X-ray room to wish me a speedy recovery.
Showing some class, KJ. :
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read