Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2012   #1
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Gabbert starting to figure it out?

13/16, 112 yds, 2 tds, 130+ passer rating vs the Saints.

I know it's preaseason, but he didn't look too shabby against the Giants either. Looks like the new shiny receiving toys are helping him out quite a bit.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 214388 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Gabbert starting to figure it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
13/16, 112 yds, 2 tds, 130+ passer rating vs the Saints.

I know it's preaseason, but he didn't look too shabby against the Giants either. Looks like the new shiny receiving toys are helping him out quite a bit.
Let's wait and see how he reacts after Barwin hits him (again). When the real bullets fly, I think Gabbert will flinch.
Old 08-18-2012   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Let's wait and see how he reacts after Barwin hits him (again). When the real bullets fly, I think Gabbert will flinch.
Carr version 2.0
Old 08-18-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Saints DEF looked bad, but still Gabbert looked totally different from the running-for-his-life rookie of last year.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Gabbert is looking much much better, but he still has this Rob Johnson quality that makes me want to send him a bandana.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

It would have been hard for him to look worse
Old 08-18-2012   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 214388 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Carr version 2.0
I think Kevin Kolb's got it, too. He looked real shaky last night. I don't think he's been the same since the hit Clay Matthews laid on him in 2010.

Gabbert faces the Ravens in Baltimore next week. They will be looking to get ready for the season (see: blitz). If Gabbert is still tearing it up in Baltimore, I'll begin to believe.
Old 08-18-2012   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm rewatching the Saints-Jags game now and have to agree. Gabbert looks like a different QB to me. He stood in, delivered a strike and took the hit without ducking on several occasions. Doesn't hurt that he has a couple more targets than last year either.

On another note, MJD looks to be pssing in the fan on his hold out. Jennings and Owens are looking pretty good so far.

I know, PS, and all that but right now the Kitty's ones look better than the Saints' ones.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The difference between preseason and regular season is night and day though. Gabbert has looked pretty good throughout this preseason and I remember last year about this time I was thinking Gabbert looked really really bad so he probably has improved somewhat.

I just don't think it'll be enough improvement to get the Jags any better than 3rd in the AFCS.

Jake Locker, on the other hand, has not looked very good this preseason.
Old 08-18-2012   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Jake Locker, on the other hand, has not looked very good this preseason.
Locker was awful...yay. They have zero shot at anything with Hasselback at this stage in his career. He's the Kenny Stabler Oiler without the glamour. CJ2k looked like he's back and their line did a much better job blocking. I think the Titans and the Jags both looked improved. Colts too for that matter. Should be an improved division all around.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Gabbert never figures it out .... and that no QB that ever puts that uniform on does and for that matter any QB thats not a Houston Texan.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #12
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I hope Gabbert never figures it out .... and that no QB that ever puts that uniform on does and for that matter any QB thats not a Houston Texan.
Nevertheless, he is looking pretty good versus the Saints starters in the reply I am watching right now. Nice TD pass just thrown.

I hope he does well. I like to see strong competition within the division, and I'm glad to see the Jags, Titans and Colts all improving with good young QBs.

If we are as good as we are supposed to be, it won't matter.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Nevertheless, he is looking pretty good versus the Saints starters in the reply I am watching right now. Nice TD pass just thrown.

I hope he does well. I like to see strong competition within the division, and I'm glad to see the Jags, Titans and Colts all improving with good young QBs.

Quote:
If we are as good as we are supposed to be, it won't matter

Exactly.

I only hope we do not get embarassed by all this Super Bowl talk.

Would make us sound like a bunch of gurls fans.

We'll see soon.

Old 08-18-2012   #14
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Locker was awful...yay. They have zero shot at anything with Hasselback at this stage in his career. He's the Kenny Stabler Oiler without the glamour. CJ2k looked like he's back and their line did a much better job blocking. I think the Titans and the Jags both looked improved. Colts too for that matter. Should be an improved division all around.
I figured the Oline for the Titans would look at least a little better after adding Steve Hutchinson. They'll need it because BOTH QBs are struggling this pre-season.

Gabbert is looking better, but he's also had a full off-season this year. Regardless it's still pre-season and we'll see how Gabbert does when bullets really start flying in the regular season.

Luck looks like the real deal.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the same every year. You have to take care of your business and not worry about what the guys on the other side are doing. We've all seen unprepared Texans teams in the past get laid out by rookie QB's and journeyman QB's who just came off the street. If the Texans do what they need to do then who cares whether Gabbert or Locker put it together. I've seen our defense over the past two years take apart Pro Bowl QB's (and even then those guys are going to get theirs to some extent).

We do our thing and we'll be fine.
Old 08-19-2012   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we get heat on him we will find out just how much better he really is.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read