Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2012   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New NFL rules against unruly fans

Everyone needs to be on their best behavior.

The NFL is getting more serious about conduct in the stands.

This year, its teams are requiring any fan who gets ejected from a stadium to take a four-hour online course before they are permitted to come back into the facility again.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/82...conduct-course

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New NFL rules against unruly fans

How exactly is this going to be enforced? Who has had to show ID to stadium personnel? I guess if you get into more trouble, that would happen. Unless they actually yank season tickets, this doesn't have much teeth.
Old 08-17-2012   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
How exactly is this going to be enforced? Who has had to show ID to stadium personnel? I guess if you get into more trouble, that would happen. Unless they actually yank season tickets, this doesn't have much teeth.
From the article:
Quote:
Skeptics might wonder how teams are going to keep track of ejected fans from week to week. Ray DiNunzio, the NFL's director of strategic security, told ESPN the monitoring will vary by team but could at some point involve facial recognition technology.
Sounds expensive to me. They will raise ticket prices to help pay for it.

We are among the "Them"
Old 08-17-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going back to school, again. Period.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #5
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Online course? Sounds as interesting as defensive driving.
Old 08-19-2012   #6
gwallaia

There was a big fight at last night's game (49ers). It was a few sections above be in the 600's. There were several guys wearing #7 UCS jerseys along with a guy wear a #99 Warren Sapp Raiders jerseys arguing with some Texan fans. Next thing you know, the fists and haymakers start flying. One 12 year old kid wearing a #7 UCS jersey starting throwing a few punches but had sense enough to run away pretty quick. (Everyone else were "adults")

It took several minutes for the police to arrive but several of the fans were taken away in handcuffs much to the delight of everyone.

We are among the "Them"
Old 08-19-2012   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Bet the Raiders fan started it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2012   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Doubt it because a couple sat two rows in front of me and the woman had a Texans shirt and the man had on a Cowboys shirt. Before they could sit down, hecklers two or three rows behind me started chanting Cowboys Suck. He was a good sport, and these guys wouldn't let up. The couple left eventually which I don't believe had anything to do with the hecklers. What I found interesting was after they were gone these guys were still chanting while Holiday was running that amazing touchdown. I don't get it, I mean why spend $79 for a ticket to see the Texans and 49ers only to spend most of the game talking about the Cowboys except looking for a confrontation.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #9
gwallaia

The Texans have their fair share of idiot fans.

We are among the "Them"
Old 08-19-2012   #10
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Bet the Raiders fan started it.
You mean Sapp fan. Real Raider fans can't stand Sapp and hated the time he spent going through the motions in S&B so he could collect a paycheck. His best days were in Tampa, ever since then he has become irrelevant and nothing more than a loud-mouthed buffoon mediot wannabe.
Old 08-20-2012   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Doubt it because a couple sat two rows in front of me and the woman had a Texans shirt and the man had on a Cowboys shirt. Before they could sit down, hecklers two or three rows behind me started chanting Cowboys Suck. He was a good sport, and these guys wouldn't let up. The couple left eventually which I don't believe had anything to do with the hecklers. What I found interesting was after they were gone these guys were still chanting while Holiday was running that amazing touchdown. I don't get it, I mean why spend $79 for a ticket to see the Texans and 49ers only to spend most of the game talking about the Cowboys except looking for a confrontation.
Only a dumba*s would wear a Cowboy jersey to a TEXAN game if we're not playing them! JMO! That's just asking for trouble! I don't feel sorry for ANY Cowboy fan that gets heckled while at our stadium!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Only a dumba*s would wear a Cowboy jersey to a TEXAN game if we're not playing them! JMO! That's just asking for trouble! I don't feel sorry for ANY Cowboy fan that gets heckled while at our stadium!
I respectfully disagree. A fan should be able to wear whatever he chooses. Since it's obvious the Cowboys aren't playing, there is no rivalry and the fact he is with a Texans fan, there has to be some type of support for the team, even if it isn't his favorite team. JMO, if it had been a Raider fan with a Raider shirt, the troubled Texans could have enjoyed the game they paid to see. I've seen a couple of Texans fans wearing their jersey in Cowboys Stadium, and it didn't appear that anyone cared. Believe it or not my son wore his Adrian Peterson jersey to one of our games and it was amazing the number of people started a friendly conversation. If I recall correctly the game was against the Redskins. Oh yeah, when the Oiler's left, he became diehard 49ers and has remained so. Now that I think about it, he wore the SF jersey to the game he attended with us last year.
Old 08-21-2012   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I respectfully disagree. A fan should be able to wear whatever he chooses. Since it's obvious the Cowboys aren't playing, there is no rivalry and the fact he is with a Texans fan, there has to be some type of support for the team, even if it isn't his favorite team. JMO, if it had been a Raider fan with a Raider shirt, the troubled Texans could have enjoyed the game they paid to see. I've seen a couple of Texans fans wearing their jersey in Cowboys Stadium, and it didn't appear that anyone cared. Believe it or not my son wore his Adrian Peterson jersey to one of our games and it was amazing the number of people started a friendly conversation. If I recall correctly the game was against the Redskins. Oh yeah, when the Oiler's left, he became diehard 49ers and has remained so. Now that I think about it, he wore the SF jersey to the game he attended with us last year.
I'm just talking about the Cowboys, not fans that wear other teams jerseys. Most Texan fans have a real intense dislike for Cowboy fans, and all it does is insite disgust when they see them inside our stadium. I see fans wearing other team's jerseys all the time and most fans could care less. BUT, seeing someone with a Cowboy jersey is kinda like an insult, a deliberate show of disrespect. Doubtful we will ever see that type of reaction in Dallas, simply because they don't consider us a threat to take over Texas. Let us have a nice solid championship run and watch that all change.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm just talking about the Cowboys, not fans that wear other teams jerseys. Most Texan fans have a real intense dislike for Cowboy fans, and all it does is insite disgust when they see them inside our stadium. I see fans wearing other team's jerseys all the time and most fans could care less. BUT, seeing someone with a Cowboy jersey is kinda like an insult, a deliberate show of disrespect. Doubtful we will ever see that type of reaction in Dallas, simply because they don't consider us a threat to take over Texas. Let us have a nice solid championship run and watch that all change.
Hey, y'all need to stop telling the world where your goat is tied, lol. I realize there are a lot of Cowboys fans in Texas, but I truly believe when we had all of the stadium discussions if Jerry had packed up and moved to Oklahoma, it wouldn't have made one bit of difference with the diehards. On second thought, the Texans might have picked up the woman who burned her arse on the bench as a new fan, j/k.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read