Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-01-2012   #241
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, you say you're not mad anymore....but then you type out this long post that's laden with nothing but feelings and obvious ill will toward the guy.........still.

How is whether or not the texans wanted him back not the main focus? Especially in context of what he said & when the majority of the idiots booing the guy in the stadium this sunday will be booing him b/c they feel like he sold us out to take more money. They damn sure couldn't boo the guy for anything else .........not without looking like hypocrites anyway.

Also, what does anything that happened here with him have to do with how Buffalo fans feel about him now?

You're also a fool if you don't think that Rick Smith & Bob didn't want him back. .
I'm mad... I'm mad at his stupid comments. I'm mad that he raped this organization for $54 mill (which he realized all of it)...

BTW, I will be one of those "idiots" booing him Sunday based on his dumbass, non-hearted comments? NOT to mention he cost this franchise $54 million over his first 6 years, which ironically he fought through "numerous injuries", which Buffalo fan is finally seeing!

AND for the record, before you go around "labeling" people as "idijots" maybe you're the idjit in not understanding that many of us supported the pick over both Reggie Bush and "6" aka "Radio" and supported the pick fully knowing that Marilou Williams was benched at NCState for, well,,,, "lack of effort...

Enough.... Marion errrrrr, Marilou Williams will have a big effort this Sunday... You know why??? I'll say it, because he has an external force to be motivated. Certainly not because of an internal force that Buffalo Bill Bruce Smith had or more contemparily a JJ Watt has...

Marion Williams: a) doesn't love football. b) has no burning desire c) unlike great champions and/or players doesn't hate to lose (think Michael Jordan)...

MR TEx..... You've completely missed on this one!
Old 11-02-2012   #242
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Mario is the new Albert Haynesworth. From this point on his career is going backwards. By the fith game he will be getting questioned by the NY media and fans. By the seventh game they will be ridiculing him. Soon after that he will suffer a hamstring injury and be out for the year.

Mercilus will be in the running for DROY.
Old 11-02-2012   #243
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm mad... I'm mad at his stupid comments. I'm mad that he raped this organization for $54 mill (which he realized all of it)...

BTW, I will be one of those "idiots" booing him Sunday based on his dumbass, non-hearted comments? NOT to mention he cost this franchise $54 million over his first 6 years, which ironically he fought through "numerous injuries", which Buffalo fan is finally seeing!

AND for the record, before you go around "labeling" people as "idijots" maybe you're the idjit in not understanding that many of us supported the pick over both Reggie Bush and "6" aka "Radio" and supported the pick fully knowing that Marilou Williams was benched at NCState for, well,,,, "lack of effort...

Enough.... Marion errrrrr, Marilou Williams will have a big effort this Sunday... You know why??? I'll say it, because he has an external force to be motivated. Certainly not because of an internal force that Buffalo Bill Bruce Smith had or more contemparily a JJ Watt has...

Marion Williams: a) doesn't love football. b) has no burning desire c) unlike great champions and/or players doesn't hate to lose (think Michael Jordan)...

MR TEx..... You've completely missed on this one!

Come on Bill, i would say you're way off on this one...Geez you act like all of that 54 million came out of your pockets...

This thread is nothing more than a bunch folks crying and whining over things that ultimately shouldn't even bother you. he's over in buffalo & their team is stinking it up.......like most here and everywhere else knew they would & we're here doing our thing.....like many here knew we would.

Yeah he sure did "steal" 54 million dollars from this team.....the same team that offered it to him.....the same team that kept him around even when, according to you, it was soooo apparent to the franchise that he needed "external" forces to be motivated....the same team he led in sacks all but 1 year he was here...the same team that let Frank Bush & Richard Smith call defensive plays for him...yeah he got over big time on the texans..

if that's your rationale for booing the guy, whatever...do it if it makes you feel better, But i can think of more than a few players who really stole money from this franchise & were/have been met with far less venom when they came back to reliant...Either way, it won't change my opinion of those booing, i still think you guys are idiots b/c at the end of the day he can say what he wants, Smith guessed right and we are & have been a better team without him.........HOWEVER WAY THAT CAME TO BE.

I remember a similar backlash against demeco on here when he said something regarding philly's fan base vs ours. you guys need to stop being so sensitive. you guys misconstrue anything these guys say that's not overly flattering about the city/texans as somehow being an indictment on the city itself.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012   #244
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

The way I see it, he left, and we signed Brown, Foster, Myers, and Schaub. And Buffalo paid him $100MM. That's a win-win if I've ever seen one. What is there to be upset about by anyone? And why boo?
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #245
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Given the choice over again, I'd still take Mario over Sausage Boy and Bush. But if I REALLY had a chance to do it over again, I wouldn't take any of those three. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #246
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Given the choice over again, I'd still take Mario over Sausage Boy and Bush. But if I REALLY had a chance to do it over again, I wouldn't take any of those three. LOL
Agreed, but all in all, considering that nobody else was even in the discussion at the time, selecting the best of those three did give a little credibility to the Texans where before they had none. At least it showed that they were either smarter or luckier than 97% of the pundits and talking heads out there.

Those who choose to boo VY on Sunday are entirely within their rights to do so, just as I'm entirely within my rights to think that it shows them to be small, petty and not very bright.
Old 11-03-2012   #247
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Reviewing the actual terms Mario's contract............Mario made out like a bandit..............and the Bills went to Las Vegas. With Mario's injury and questionable effort history, not only were the Texans nowhere close to being able to come anywhere close to structuring a reasonable contract that would work within the cap............nor were they evidently unwise enough to take what by almost every measure was a loser's bet. Mario, you would do well to just shut up, sell your Memorial home, buy a couple more Lamborghinis, stay healthy, start showing a consistently high motor, become sack king, make the Bills winners and Bills fans grateful that you are THEIR legacy.............NOT!

Quote:
1. $19 million signing bonus.

2. $5.9 million fully guaranteed base salary in 2012.

3. $8 million option bonus in 2013.

4. $6.5 million base salary in 2013, guaranteed for injury only at the time of signing, fully guaranteed second day of 2013 league year.

5. $10.6 million roster bonus in 2014, guaranteed for injury only at time of signing.

6. $1.9 million base salary in 2014.

7. $1 million roster bonus in 2015.

8. $12.1 million base salary in 2015.

9. $2.5 million roster bonus in 2016.

10. $11.5 million base salary in 2016.

11. $3.5 million roster bonus in 2017.

12. $11.4 million base salary in 2017.

13. $100,000 workout bonus in 2012, with $500,000 workout bonuses in each year from 2013 to 2016.

13. $400,000 Pro Bowl incentives per year.

14. $400,000 in additional incentives per year.

The base value is $96 million. The incentives can push the deal to $100 million.

At the time of signing, the deal contains fully guaranteed money in the amount of $24.9 million.

Also, another $17.1 million is guaranteed for injury only at the time of signing; $6.5 million of it becomes fully guaranteed later. Itís unclear whether the $8 million option bonus is fully guaranteed; as a practical matter, it is.

Given the $10.6 million roster bonus due in 2014, itís a two-year, $40 million contract with a team-held option on the final four years. More accurately, itís a two-year contract with a one-year-at-a-time decision by the team as to whether it continues.

While itís a significant risk in the short term, the Bills can walk away if it doesnít work out.
link
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2012   #248
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Aganist Mario Newton played very good today im proud of him
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #249
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

If I saw correctly, ended the season with 46 tackles and 10.5 sacks
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #250
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
If I saw correctly, ended the season with 46 tackles and 10.5 sacks
How did that compare to Connor Barwin?

Imagine that Barwin put up those numbers, or that we never lost Cushing this year. Think about all the turnovers we would have gotten, how that short field would help our offense.
Old 10-26-2013   #251
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Williams has 10 sacks already this season. He's on pace for 23
Old 10-26-2013   #252
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I found this on the interweb & thought it was interesting... Mario is a different person, I can't imagine him yaking it up that much when he was here. A couple of those sacks/hits, you can see he uses his quickness to get inside the tackle to get to the QB & he appears to be using his hands a lot better than he was here.

But he's not going to get 23.... you know that. He's got probably 5 more games 'til he shuts it down, or gets injured.

Old 10-27-2013   #253
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Pass rush has been ass since his departure.
Old 10-27-2013   #254
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133377 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
We killed it just fine after he got injured.
Old 10-27-2013   #255
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Can you imagine jj and watt across from each other? Or on the same side even? Instead we have spent a ton of picks trying and failing to find a reliable option at Olb. That's what people seem to miss here -- it's not just the money it's the effort of replacing a player that then results in holes everywhere else
Old 10-27-2013   #256
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Apparently he's finally learned to play angry??

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/25/mario-williams-game-plan/

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013   #257
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Can you imagine jj and watt across from each other? Or on the same side even?
That would be amazing.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #258
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams named AFC defensive player of the month
Posted by Mike Wilkening on December 4, 2014, 11:04 AM EST

Quote:
For the first time, Bills defensive end Mario Williams has earned the conferenceís monthly defensive award, the team announced Thursday.

Williams recorded 6.5 sacks in four November games, including 3.5 in a loss at Miami. His 12 sacks entering Week 14 are tied for fourth-best in the league.

The 29-year-old Williams has notched double-digit sacks in all three seasons with the Bills, with whom he signed a six-year, $96 million contract in 2012. Williams has played and started all 44 games with Buffalo, recording 115 tackles and 35.5 sacks.

The No. 1 overall pick in 2006, Williams needs 11.5 sacks for 100 in his career.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #259
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Potential HOF and people questioned his heart while he was here.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #260
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing about Super Mario, since he signed with the Bills he has been consistently one of the best 4-3 DE's in the league. We may argue about his worth here, but I don't believe Bills fans are unhappy with his production since inking his huge deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read