Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-23-2012   #181
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

ē Mario Williams said he doesnít care what we think about his performance. Truthfully, there hasnít been a performance to care about. Letís call it now ó this guy is soft, and the Bills have apparently whiffed to the tune of $100 million. He was invisible yet again. He said in the locker room he needs to get better. You know what, he was supposed to already be better when he got here. He was supposed to be one of the best in the league. Heís not, and the team he left, Houston, is now 6-1 without him.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ing-grow-tired

THANK YOU RICK SMITH.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #182
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have drafted Vince!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #183
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
We should have drafted Vince!
Yeah!.......wai...................wut?
Old 10-23-2012   #184
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
ē Mario Williams said he doesnít care what we think about his performance. Truthfully, there hasnít been a performance to care about. Letís call it now ó this guy is soft, and the Bills have apparently whiffed to the tune of $100 million. He was invisible yet again. He said in the locker room he needs to get better. You know what, he was supposed to already be better when he got here. He was supposed to be one of the best in the league. Heís not, and the team he left, Houston, is now 6-1 without him.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...ing-grow-tired

THANK YOU RICK SMITH.
Why in the world does Rick Smith get thanked for that? Rick Smith wanted him back. Rick Smith doesn't deserve any credit for not resigning one of the worst deals in NFL history.

Hell 90% of this site desperately wanted Rick Smith to sign Mario where he'd be our problem for several years.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #185
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Why in the world does Rick Smith get thanked for that? Rick Smith wanted him back. Rick Smith doesn't deserve any credit for not resigning one of the worst deals in NFL history.

Hell 90% of this site desperately wanted Rick Smith to sign Mario where he'd be our problem for several years.
Rick Smith did not want him back... not at that price. Your post is unfair to what actually happened. What somebody says in front of a camera ("we want Mario back") and what actually happens behind closed doors is two seperate things. He said all the P.R. things in front of a camera, but never backed up a brinks truck. If this was someone like Watt, Rick Smith would've moved heaven and earth and Duane Brown or Matt Schaub would've been franchised and the other probably would've been a FA. Yes Smith would've taken him back.. at the right price. When his street value went through the roof (same thing happened with Nnambi) Smith cut bait and I thank him for that.

Being a good G.M. is like being a good card player.. you have to maximize your returns and know when to hold'em and when to fold'em. Rick Smith laid down his cards and folded on Mario Williams, so yes.. he does get credit for not signing one of the worst deals in NFL history.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #186
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
To a certain extent a player has to be like that...these guys don't get to where they are without that kind of attitude....meaning having their own expectations of themselves rather than what the media thinks.......however, you absolutely never come out & say it...

At the end of the day If the contract he signed there hastens the move of that franchise from buffalo to LA....hey
Highly doubt Buffalo gets moved they're still well supported and there's some good history there.

If I had money on who would get moved to LA its on Tarpsvi.... err Jacksonville. Little history, no length of time in NFL, blackout and attendance problems... yeah. I think it's a matter of time before they are moved.

Now... do I think LA deserves a team... HELL NO.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012   #187
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Rick Smith did not want him back... not at that price. Your post is unfair to what actually happened. What somebody says in front of a camera ("we want Mario back") and what actually happens behind closed doors is two seperate things. He said all the P.R. things in front of a camera, but never backed up a brinks truck. If this was someone like Watt, Rick Smith would've moved heaven and earth and Duane Brown or Matt Schaub would've been franchised and the other probably would've been a FA. Yes Smith would've taken him back.. at the right price. When his street value went through the roof (same thing happened with Nnambi) Smith cut bait and I thank him for that.

Being a good G.M. is like being a good card player.. you have to maximize your returns and know when to hold'em and when to fold'em. Rick Smith laid down his cards and folded on Mario Williams, so yes.. he does get credit for not signing one of the worst deals in NFL history.

Not fair my ass. I said that he didn't deserve a thank you for making a no-brainer decision which was to not make one of the worst deals in NFL history that the Bills made. He did express strong interest in wanting to bring him back. I don't care what physco babble you want to speculate that he felt behind closed doors. Not signing Mario was an easy decision. A very easy one. We had the best defense we ever fielded without him in the lineup. It would have been horrifically stupid to sign Mario at even a good price after how well this team played without Mario. Plus, it became very clear that the Texans were in cap hell any way. So, to suggest he deserves credit here is being totally disengenious.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2012   #188
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not fair my ass. I said that he didn't deserve a thank you for making a no-brainer decision which was to not make one of the worst deals in NFL history that the Bills made. He did express strong interest in wanting to bring him back. I don't care what physco babble you want to speculate that he felt behind closed doors. Not signing Mario was an easy decision. A very easy one. We had the best defense we ever fielded without him in the lineup. It would have been horrifically stupid to sign Mario at even a good price after how well this team played without Mario. Plus, it became very clear that the Texans were in cap hell any way. So, to suggest he deserves credit here is being totally disengenious.
Hey *******, what I typed wasn't "physco babble". Just because people don't want to be so condesending as you towards the way Rick Smith handled the situation or doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't give you the right to be a dick.

Rick Smith did NOTHING WRONG. He did his due diligence and when Mario priced himself out of where Smith felt he was worth, Smith cut bait. That isn't psycho babble.. it's what actually happened. Rick Smith handled the situation perfectly and I give him credit.. and this is coming from someone who never wanted to bring Mario back.
Old 10-23-2012   #189
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not fair my ass.. He did express strong interest in wanting to bring him back. I don't care what physco babble you want to speculate that he felt behind closed doors.
P.S.

Here's a article debunking your "physco babble" about Rick Smith's supposed "strong interest" in bringing Mario Williams back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ario-williams/
Old 10-24-2012   #190
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Sound familiar to anyone? Mario considering wrist surgery before his homecoming game.

Quote:
Mario Williams said yesterday he didnít care about anyoneís expectations.

Those expectations may be about to adjust downward.

According to Tim Graham of the Buffalo News, Williams is considering surgery on his left wrist during the bye week.

After signing a six-year contract this offseason worth up to $100 million, Williams has been good, not great. His 3.5 sacks are 32nd in the NFL, which is fine, except for those pesky expectations.

ďI need to play better, and I need to get healthy,Ē Williams said after Sundayís game. ďItís No. 1 on my point.

ďI can say this and you can take it however you want to take it, but it really donít matter to me. I really donít care what you think. At the end of the day I know I need to get physically back into things so Iím not hesitating.Ē

The Bills didnít comment on the report of surgery, but coach Chan Gailey has said he was vague about injuries on purpose. It was at least hurt enough to trigger a $20,000 fine for violating the leagueís policy on reporting injuries.

ďHeís the one thatís got to answer to that,Ē Gailey said. ďI canít tell you whether heís being affected by it at all, or a little bit, or what it is. I canít tell.Ē

If he has surgery and misses any time, itíll be easy to tell. Then again, maybe it wonít.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #191
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

Spot on, repped... Sometimes Tex has a bit of revisionist historian flowing through his veins!!
Old 10-24-2012   #192
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't wished any ill will on Mario since he left. But if he suddenly undergoes surgery and conveniently misses the big homecoming party against the Texans, I will have to laugh. A lot.

But on the other hand, that would be coincidental, because he honestly doesn't "care about anybody's expectations." Even for "Judgment Day."
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #193
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this will be his excuse for getting 1 tackle in his big homecoming debut? Then it'll show how tough he is for playing when he needed surgery but he played through pain? Might want to get his ovaries checked while they're looking at his limp wrist.
Old 10-24-2012   #194
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there a chance we could line up JJ Watt opposite of Mario for the first series?

I'd love to see JJ Watt block Mario and talk smack to him for one series. Wouldn't that be awesome? Watt was a former TE so I know he has some blocking skills. Talk about getting into Mario's head! LOL.
Old 10-24-2012   #195
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Come to think of it, since Watt was a TE at one time, I'd like to see us go with a Jumbo TE package that includes JJ Watt.

Can you imagine the look on the faces of the defensive players if that happened???
Old 10-24-2012   #196
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I was looking forward to seeing Mario again. Sounds like he's actually hurt. It would explain his play as of late. It seems he tries to often play through injuries and when he does people think he's using them as a excuse. There were times here he was hurt and looked bad likely because he was playing through a injury.

If it is a wrist it must be hard for him punch and push on a limpy wrist I could imagine that being a pretty huge factor in his play.

I don't believe that Mario is just content now that he has the money...I mean he was drafted on the old NFL rules and was paid from day one. I think Mario is just a player that is going to depend on his coach...good thing he went to a irrelevant team. I can't imagine anyone scoring on Chicago had he been smart and went there.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #197
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

You don't think it's a little fishy he's getting some wrist surgery right before his big judgement day game? From what I'm gathering on the Bills board, he didn't complain at all about his wrist when he got 2 sacks against the Cardinals, it only pops up after a terrible non-impactful performance. Which he's had most of his time in Buffalo.
Old 10-24-2012   #198
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

No I don't think it's fishy. Is he going to wait until after the game? Perhaps that last game he just decided enough was enough and he can't be effective for his team this way?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #199
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 11106 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Come to think of it, since Watt was a TE at one time, I'd like to see us go with a Jumbo TE package that includes JJ Watt.

Can you imagine the look on the faces of the defensive players if that happened???
Ohh man I think your on to something, JJ would probably be one of the best TE's in the NFL also.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012   #200
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
No I don't think it's fishy. Is he going to wait until after the game? Perhaps that last game he just decided enough was enough and he can't be effective for his team this way?
Or he can man up and play through an injured wrist? Lots of players somehow play with their hands in a cast, especially defensive linemen and LB's. Hell, some even use it to their advantage.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read