Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-17-2012   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bengals Waive Shipley

Can he be as good or better than K-Dub if healthy? I'd hope we take a look at him. He should be close to being healthy. I saw he was dressed out in last nights game. Thoughts?

Quote:
Jordan Shipley’s time in Cincinnati has come to an end.

The Bengals waived Shipley, their 2010 third-round draft pick, they announced today.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordan-shipley/
Old 08-17-2012   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bengals Waive Shipley

I dont think so. Jordan is alot smaller than KW. Jordan might work in the slot but I think we already have more than enough young WR's to fill that spot. Especially in week 2.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #3
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Can he be as good or better than K-Dub if healthy? I'd hope we take a look at him. He should be close to being healthy. I saw he was dressed out in last nights game. Thoughts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordan-shipley/
I'd give him a look see. He's got more NFL receptions than anyone behind AJ and K-Dub. He'd probably sign for min $$. I know they say that the rooks and Jean are doing well but I'd like to see another "experienced" guy.
Old 08-17-2012   #4
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

If we weren't 5 deep at receiver I'd bring him in, but there's no room for him. AJ, Kevin, Martin, and Jean aren't going anywhere. You would have to be willing to part with Jean for Shipley. Is anyone really ready to do that?

I love Shipley's game and toughness so I have a hard time believing he won't find work. Tampa was just looking to fill a slot role with Demps. While Jordan doesn't have the same speed, I think he'd be awesome with the Bucs offense.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Shipley > Lestar Jean. Bring him in. He can be used in the return game too.
Old 08-17-2012   #6
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111660 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

What injury forced him to miss the year?
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
What injury forced him to miss the year?
During a game against the Denver Broncos in week 2, Shipley tore two ligaments in his knee - anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and medial collateral ligament (MCL) - causing him to miss the remainder of the 2011 season.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...eason-1/nMt7C/
Old 08-17-2012   #8
The Guru
Noob

Rep Power: 0 The Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jordan Shipley?

With K-Mart looking capable of pushing KW on the outside, why not nab Jordan Shipley and take a look at him in the slot? The guy was pretty awesome at Texas and during his rookie year. Definitely an upgrade over Jeff Maehl...

Plus... I never mind bringing in boys from home!

What do you guys think?
The Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jordan Shipley?

YOu can cut Holliday because Shipley can return some kicks. I like Shipley.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #10
myktek2
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 myktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was gonna say the same thing.
I'd pick him up and give him a chance.
myktek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I like Maehl alot, but i'd bring Shipley in definitely.
Old 08-17-2012   #12
The Guru
Noob

Rep Power: 0 The Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Guru is a quality contributor and well respected

Really seems like a no brainer to me. I didn't even think about the kick returning possibility -- Pay him Rick!
The Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If it's true that Shipley tore two ligaments in his knee last year, then no thank you. It generally takes more time to get back to form than what he's had.
Old 08-17-2012   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
During a game against the Denver Broncos in week 2, Shipley tore two ligaments in his knee - anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and medial collateral ligament (MCL) - causing him to miss the remainder of the 2011 season.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...eason-1/nMt7C/
And you still want to sign him? The Bengals saw him for 1 practice and cut him to avoid an injury settlement. He is damaged goods.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #15
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes I really just have to shake my head.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There's 20-plus teams ahead of us in terms of waiver claims. One of those teams is Miami. If he's healthy/mostly healthy, I'm thinking there's a decent chance that any decision the Texans make regarding Jordan Shipley will end up being irrelevant, and if he's not healthy, I don't want to mess with him.
Old 08-17-2012   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
And you still want to sign him? The Bengals saw him for 1 practice and cut him to avoid an injury settlement. He is damaged goods.
While what you say may be mostly on target, I've got to think that if he played in two preseason games (and was cleared to practice over two weeks ago) that they saw him for more than one practice before they let him go.
Old 08-17-2012   #18
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't this guy have like 5 medical redshirts in college? I'd rather see what we have in Lestar Jean.
Old 08-17-2012   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we going to have one of these for every WR who gets dropped?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Camp contracts don't cost anything in the grand scheme of things, so yeah I'd bring him in. He has more NFL experience than every other WR we have besides KW and AJ. See what he's got if we can, and if he can't make it, cut him in two weeks. Very little risk here, assuming he clears waivers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read