Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2012   #61
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock throwback Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
You guys are looking at this all wrong! I like the uniforms. It's also a big middle finger to the Traitors organization saying we'll take the Oiler colors and history whether you like it or not you old disgusting excuse for a human being!!!
You are not getting my point, I want nothing to do with Bud's team. I will embrace the former NFL players who played here in Houston or have a connection to this city pre professional days, but want nothing of Bud's records.

On a side note, I think it's odd that Bud is the only current AFL original owner who still owns a team to not be in the HOF. He should be in the Hall. So Houstonians are not the only ones to dislike Bud.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #62
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 75780 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
You are not getting my point, I want nothing to do with Bud's team. I will embrace the former NFL players who played here in Houston or have a connection to this city pre professional days, but want nothing of Bud's records.

On a side note, I think it's odd that Bud is the only current AFL original owner who still owns a team to not be in the HOF. He should be in the Hall. So Houstonians are not the only ones to dislike Bud.

Will this photo go next to his bust?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #63
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

I'm not really sure how to hang a photo next to an entire football franchise.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #64
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You know, I don't see how anyone can look at that picture and not see the pain in his eyes. Bud's running out of time and most of what's hurting him falls into the self-inflicted-wounds column. He's been on record multiple times saying that if he had it to do over again he'd have never moved the Oilers. He knows he screwed up just like I think deep down inside he's aware of every single misstep he's ever made. He should be loved in this town. He should be a local legend like Bum and Earl. He thinks this I'm sure but he also knows that he's the one who screwed it all up. He always grabbed for the cash instead of trying to build something that would last. He always took the advice of the guy who promised him success at a discount price instead of sticking with the people who wouldn't sugar-coat the facts. Bud's a sad case because he's aware of his nature I think but unable to overcome it. Bud's gotta do what Bud's gotta do and he's never been able to control himself so he makes these decisions and then has to live with them.

I'm not asking anybody to feel sorry for him. I don't. Absolutely not one bit. I'm just saying look at that face and try to tell me that's a happy millionaire NFL owner. You can't and I suspect the reason he looks like that is that the guy who has the hardest time living with those Oiler memories is Bud himself. He has to live with the consequences of that impulsive SOB's actions every day.

Reminds me of the old Kris Kristofferson song The Silver-Tounged Devil and I. Bud has a dark side and "All he's good for is gettin' in trouble".

I bet every game at Reliant he attends is sheer misery win or lose. He sits in that visiting owners box and looks at the stadium we pack full every year for the Texans and knows all of that should have been his. Then he flies up to Nashville and as nice as all of it certainly is he knows he's not at home and he knows it's his own damn fault.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 08-20-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #65
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73208 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i see what you're pointing out herv, but upon reflection it's still the selfish angry bud adams shooting the middle finger. on the off chance that there is regret there, it's hard to find a lot of care because as you said, it's all self inflicted. i cant recall anyone saying bud adams treated them well (that arent currently under contract). his history of screwing players, fans, coaches, and just about anyone he comes in contact with is legendary.
Old 08-20-2012   #66
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It will be his bust.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #67
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i see what you're pointing out herv, but upon reflection it's still the selfish angry bud adams shooting the middle finger. on the off chance that there is regret there, it's hard to find a lot of care because as you said, it's all self inflicted. i cant recall anyone saying bud adams treated them well (that arent currently under contract). his history of screwing players, fans, coaches, and just about anyone he comes in contact with is legendary.
My father was on a couple of charity boards of directors with Bud, and my dad loved Bud. My dad would not allow me to say anything bad about the man, but I did anyway.

Bud is a complicated man, and he has done a lot of great things that no one will ever see, and he has done a few stupid things in public that no one will forget.
Sponsored links
Old 08-20-2012   #68
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
My father was on a couple of charity boards of directors with Bud, and my dad loved Bud. My dad would not allow me to say anything bad about the man, but I did anyway.

Bud is a complicated man, and he has done a lot of great things that no one will ever see, and he has done a few stupid things in public that no one will forget.
One screw-up wipes out 100 attaboys. Been taught that way since I was a kid. When my parents stopped saying it, real life wouldn't shut up about it.
Old 08-20-2012   #69
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's what I'm talking about. Bud's widely known to have done a bunch of good stuff but he's his own worst enemy. Always has been. What's worse is that if you've paid any attention to him over the years you know that he's well aware of his mistakes and at times he'll admit to them. He never seemed to be able to learn from them though.
Old 08-20-2012   #70
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
It will be his bust.

When they tear down the 'dome, they should put that statue right in the middle of the park...then sprinkle a lot of bird seed around it.

Quote:

Back in the late '80's, my company used to lease our warehouse out to an auction that sold surplus Persian rugs. Bud came to one auction, complete with a safari hat outfitted with a fan on it, and bought about $80,000 worth of rugs. My friends, who'd I hired as labor for the auction, delivered the rugs to his house in River Oaks. He treated all of them nice, gave a tour of the downstairs of the house, and told them to each go into the walk-in cooler and pick out a case of beer of their choice.

So yeah, he was capable of being nice. But he's still a world class a-hole as far as I'm concerned due to his overall history in this city.
Old 08-20-2012   #71
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the uniforms
Old 08-20-2012   #72
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

He probably should be thought of in the same way people talk about Lamar Hunt, and Ralph Wilson, but his reputation and history of boneheaded moves over the years keeps that from happening.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #73
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As a former season ticket holder for the Oilers, I earned my right to hate the man for moving the Oilers out of town. So, I hate him. Nothing will change that, and the Oilers are gone forever.

Screw Bud. He owes me some money.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012   #74
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As a former season ticket holder for the Oilers, I earned my right to hate the man for moving the Oilers out of town. So, I hate him. Nothing will change that, and the Oilers are gone forever.

Screw Bud. He owes me some money.
My family had Oiler tickets from the 1st year they played, back in the Billy Cannon George Blanda days, all the way up until the announcement was made that Nashville had exclusive rights to talk to the team about a lease.

Once I got out of college in '83, I never missed a home game, so I am with you. I hate Bud for moving my team, but thank you Bud for moving the team cause now we have Bob McNair.
Old 08-21-2012   #75
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
When they tear down the 'dome, they should put that statue right in the middle of the park...then sprinkle a lot of bird seed around it.
He's full of sh!t so that is a brilliant idea.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read