Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-17-2012   #41
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock mutha f^@##&*$

I normally don't like throwback uniforms, but I kinda like those. It's a bit of an FU to the Titans and Bud Adams, so I wouldn't mind seeing it in preseason.
Old 08-17-2012   #42
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock mutha f^@##&*$

I demand satisfaction...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock throwback Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
The Ravens don't wear Colts colors, the Rams don't wear Cardinals colors (although a red helmet with a white ram horn might look pretty cool, photoshoppers?). The old Oiler columbia blue was awesome in it's day, but that day is gone. The Texans are not the Oilers.
I agree completely.

If we have to connect to any old Houston football team, I say we pick the other one:

Talk about pissing off Bud and Goodell!!

If our season tanks, I'm blaming the bad karma angering the football gods on this thread! You don't eff with it, and this is a bold faced pimp slap to that cosmic energy. We are playing with a Ouija board owned by the devil with this talk.

Do you really want to invite the 35-3 karma into our wonderful franchise? Do you really need a reminder of the power of that karma??

Old 08-17-2012   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree completely.

If we have to connect to any old Houston football team, I say we pick the other one:

Talk about pissing off Bud and Goodell!!
This would work for me!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #45
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in th Hell No crowd.

Look, put the Oilers in a box, put the box in the attic, cherish the great and irreplacable memories forever as I'm sure I will. Then root, root, root for the home team.
Old 08-17-2012   #46
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Confession time: I have never, ever liked the Columbia Blue. I was a kid when Earl was truckin' folks and used to try to emulate him when I played football. I loved the team. I lived and died with those LYB teams. Never gave up on them even in the days of Ed Biles and Hugh Campbell (though I did love the Gamblers). But I never, ever liked that color. Never bought a jersey, and the only Oiler memorabilia I ever had was a pennant signed by a dozen or so Oilers. Even my football that's signed by Earl is a UT football.

Hate that color. Hate, hate, hate.
I am just a little before your time, but relatively close to you in age, and I have to agree. I loved the LYB teams and coaches, but I hated the baby blue jerseys.

As for a throwback uniform even hinting to a Bud Adams team, no way Jose.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #47
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
I don't think that helmet would be big enough :p
Players were smaller way back in 2002 though. Besides, it looks like Trindon's size to me.
Old 08-17-2012   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is funny, stupid and intriguing all at the same time!! I love it!!

#Buck Fud!! Go Houston Texans (WFL version / Shreveport Steamers), Houston Gamblers and of course the current version of the Houston Texans!!

Powder Blue, errrrr Columbia Blue and Buck Fud can go to hell.
*Disclaimer*
This statement does not include all of the wonderful people and players that played under that terrible Karma that was Buck Fud's organization. Much love for them!
Old 08-17-2012   #49
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

IF they went with this design, but in the real Texans colors I could deal with it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #50
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Hey, I know it's garish, but it's still pimp in a '70s way...still this is the only "throwback" the Houston Texans could/should wear. Ever. It won't happen, but man it would turn heads around the NFL (probably with a lot of laughs and snide remarks).

The 1974 Houston Texans.

this makes the most sense, its actually been done before too. a current pro team with a very young franchise history, wearing throwback uniforms of a team it has no ties to other than being in the same city.

it was done in the NBA when the Memphis Grizzlies wore the throwback uniforms of the ABA's Memphis Tams. coincidentally they shared the same color combination as the old WFL Texans..

its seems like a smart move, it would shed some light on the cities past. doubt many people know about the WFL Texans, or even the Gamblers..
Old 08-18-2012   #51
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather do like showtime said.. lock that stuff in a box in the attic

that is it..
if I recall Bud and the NFL locked all history of the Oilers with Bud

leave it with that.
(unlike what cleveland got)
don't get me wrong I loved the Oilers but they died once the Texans got a team (yeah I still followed the Titans when they first moved)

once the Texans came along.. that was it for me on the Titans
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #52
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

heres my WFL Houston Texans mock-up

im sure a few random watchers would confuse us for the packers..

Last edited by Premier; 08-18-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #53
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

That green and yellow crap is just....gross.

Leave it to the Packers.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #54
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you like this you need to have your mancard revoked, you fan card revoked and you should move to the outhouse next to Bud Adams

Absolutely horrible
Old 08-18-2012   #55
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Texans could even use those colors. Isn't that a trademarked color scheme by Bud Adams?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #56
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
heres my WFL Houston Texans mock-up

im sure a few random watchers would confuse us for the packers..
Ok, here's what you do. Throw together a mockup of that same uniform wearing our real colors.

Old 08-19-2012   #57
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Aternate uniforms are fine with me. The red Texans jersey with white pants is probably my favorite Texans uniforms.

However fake throwbacks for newer teams with no real throwbacks is a bad idea. The Rays are doing that this season and not good.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #58
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Aternate uniforms are fine with me. The red Texans jersey with white pants is probably my favorite Texans uniforms.

However fake throwbacks for newer teams with no real throwbacks is a bad idea. The Rays are doing that this season and not good.
Agreed. An "alternate uniform" is fine. The Texans even have an alternate logo that's very much like an updated version of the old WFL Houston Texans logo but it's an alternate, not a throwback.

Lets face it folks, we got nothing to throwback to. No big deal, we got our alternate uniform (Battle Red) and as long as we're beating asses in that it's all good.
Old 08-19-2012   #59
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are looking at this all wrong! I like the uniforms. It's also a big middle finger to the Traitors organization saying we'll take the Oiler colors and history whether you like it or not you old disgusting excuse for a human being!!!
Old 08-19-2012   #60
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
You guys are looking at this all wrong! I like the uniforms. It's also a big middle finger to the Traitors organization saying we'll take the Oiler colors and history whether you like it or not you old disgusting excuse for a human being!!!
For that reason alone Bob McNair would never consider something with the old Oilers colors. He has his own identity and no personal issue with Bud Adams.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read