Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2012   #21
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 20453 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock throwback Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Good call. I guess you can tell that to all the fairy princesses entitled to wear the CIB:

That would be infantry blue on the Combat Infantryman's Badge.
They can serve in the military. They can wear berets. They can wear their badge in the pride parade. What they can't do is win a Super Bowl.

Broncos lost Super Bowls until they ditched the pastel then they won a couple. Tampa never went to a SB, ditched the pastel and won one. Oilers never went to a SB. Any teams still wearing pastels? Chargers I guess - never won a SB.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224486 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
They can serve in the military. They can wear berets. They can wear their badge in the pride parade. What they can't do is win a Super Bowl.
Are you devoid of (that means an utter (which means complete lack)) all reason or do you just attempt to come across as a historically ignorant and obnoxious person?

That's a rhetorical question, which means I don't expect a response or anticipate any response will be on par with cranial flatulence.

Last edited by infantrycak; 08-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #23
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 20453 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you devoid of (that means an utter (which means complete lack)) all reason or do you just attempt to come across as a historically ignorant and obnoxious person?
I'm not you.

Last edited by infantrycak; 08-16-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the nearest baby? That pic makes me want to punch a baby.

FUgly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Oilers jerseys were classics, anyone says otherwise has no taste in my opinion. Fantastic uniforms that were very distinctive and tightly connected to Houston.

Having said that.....

I'm sorry but it doesn't work. Perhaps if the Oiler's had simply gone away instead of becoming some other team (and one in our division no less) then sure, it could have been cool. Since the Oilers became the Titans it's a no-go.

The two uniforms are both very cool I think. The only way they mix well at all is with the darker blue going into the old Oilers uniforms. Reverse it and it becomes a travesty.
Old 08-16-2012   #26
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Best not to forget history.........

I actually like them. Maybe because i am younger and never had strong ties to the oilers, but i think they look pretty BA. The oilers are the history of the city of Houston. No shame in that.
Old 08-16-2012   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just something photoshopped by a fan, right?

If the Texans were to going to go "throwback", the helmet they actually never wore would be an idea.

Old 08-17-2012   #28
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Confession time: I have never, ever liked the Columbia Blue. I was a kid when Earl was truckin' folks and used to try to emulate him when I played football. I loved the team. I lived and died with those LYB teams. Never gave up on them even in the days of Ed Biles and Hugh Campbell (though I did love the Gamblers). But I never, ever liked that color. Never bought a jersey, and the only Oiler memorabilia I ever had was a pennant signed by a dozen or so Oilers. Even my football that's signed by Earl is a UT football.

Hate that color. Hate, hate, hate. And yes, 'cak .... I even poked fun at infantry guys when I was in.
Old 08-17-2012   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

that true teams with that light blue color have never one the superbowl ill pass
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #30
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This is just something photoshopped by a fan, right?

If the Texans were to going to go "throwback", the helmet they actually never wore would be an idea.

I don't think that helmet would be big enough :p
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #31
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh HELL to the NO on that uniform. I never understood the NFL's stupid need/desire to wear the throwback uniforms, they're ugly thus the reason teams don't wear them anymore.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL at the pic of Satan shooting the bird.

I don't think the uniforms look bad, but their current ones are so much better. But, if it in any way could piss off DumbAss Bud, I'd vote yes in a second on them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #33
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Throwback to WHAT? We've only been around 10 years.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #34
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
LOL at the pic of Satan shooting the bird.

I don't think the uniforms look bad, but their current ones are so much better. But, if it in any way could piss off DumbAss Bud, I'd vote yes in a second on them.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #35
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens don't wear Colts colors, the Rams don't wear Cardinals colors (although a red helmet with a white ram horn might look pretty cool, photoshoppers?). The old Oiler columbia blue was awesome in it's day, but that day is gone. The Texans are not the Oilers.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #36
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

And the day we wear that uniform, the Texans go up 35-3 early in the 3rd Quarter.....

Uh sorry!

Anyways, does anyone remember when we played The Rams one year and it was the same day that we had Houston Oiler appreciation day with like Heywood Jeffires there. Texans were winning 21-0 and even HWNWNBM was looking all pro with 3 TD passes. Then half time came, they introduced the old Oilers and the Texans lost in the 2nd half to Fitzpatrick. BOO!!!!! I loved my Oilers but I don't want to relive them.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #37
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I never really liked the sky blue either, especially not with red.

Sky blue is not ugly; it's just not masculine enough for NFL football. This is not an insult to the old Oilers players; it's just not what most adult men want to see on a football uniform. 'Course, we can't have 32 solid black teams either...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #38
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock mutha f^@##&*$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
What an ugly tie. Matches his face perfectly.

Bud you will always be a P.O.S.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good call. I guess you can tell that to all the fairy princesses entitled to wear the CIB:

That would be infantry blue on the Combat Infantryman's Badge. That "fairy princess powder blue" is the official color of the infantry.
MSR!! Infantry Blue rocks!

Old 08-17-2012   #40
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I know it's garish, but it's still pimp in a '70s way...still this is the only "throwback" the Houston Texans could/should wear. Ever. It won't happen, but man it would turn heads around the NFL (probably with a lot of laughs and snide remarks).

The 1974 Houston Texans.

EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read