Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-15-2012   #1
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default would you keep?...

Would you keep Eli Manning if it cost you a 4th round pick?

In my fantasy league,
o You may keep up to 2 players, as your 4th and 5th round picks.
o Anyone drafted in the prior year AFTER Round 3 is eligible to be kept.
o 12 team, non PPR, 6pts QB TD.
o Stafford and Cam will be kept by my colleagues.
o I am picking 7th.

Rodgers will go 1.01 or 1.02. Brady and Brees could conceivably be available at 1.07.

Again, would you keep Eli in the 4th? Discuss.

Rick
PS: I have a direction, but I want to test my assumptions by putting the intelligence of the collective to the test.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: would you keep?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
o Anyone drafted in the prior year AFTER Round 3 is eligible to be kept.
So this means everyone drafted in the first 3 rounds last year goes back in the pool, right?

I'd hang onto him, Rick. He's got good receivers, RB's that catch, and a damn good line. I think he's worth a 4th.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #3
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

If I didn't have anyone with significantly more value to keep...

Yeah, Id use a fourth on keeping Eli. At worst you are probably breaking even based on where he'd likely be drafted anyway.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I am picking 7th.

Rodgers will go 1.01 or 1.02. Brady and Brees could conceivably be available at 1.07.
I'd probably let Eli go back into the pool. I wouldn't want to find Brady or Brees available with that 1st round pick with a QB already on the roster. You could likely get Eli in the 4th, or someone equivilent (Rivers, Romo). I would roll the dice.
Old 08-16-2012   #5
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, guys. @White, yes, they go back in the pool.

I have decided to throw Eli back. I can get him in the 4th anyway, and throwing him back creates options for me. The only other keeper-eligible guys on my roster from last year are Wallace and Decker. I'm not touching Wallace, and I think Decker is not worth a 4th. So, I'm going keeper-free.

Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Smart decision. I've gotten Peyton/Romo/Eli during several mocks in the 6th round.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read