Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2012   #301
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
This, who ever thinks other wise an idiot. He clearly played the receiver and located the ball..
I agree, that was a bad flag on Jackson. The flags on McCain were legit, however. He was Manning's whipping boy.
Old 09-23-2012   #302
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem didn't have quite the game I predicted, but the guy was good today. And that was a ****ty flag on Jackson.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #303
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ is a solid legit #2 CB.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #304
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I was very satisfied with KJ today. I now want to see if Harris can replace McCain for 2013.
What did you all think of Demps?
Old 09-23-2012   #305
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I was very satisfied with KJ today. I now want to see if Harris can replace McCain for 2013.
im really happy with demps. his a playmaker always involved in nearly popping the ball out or interceptions. can get caught out sometimes but overall i like him a lot
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #306
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Was Manning hurt? Demps got a lot of reps in there and played well. Not that I mind, but I hope that we wasn't playing because of injury.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #307
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Kareem didn't have quite the game I predicted, but the guy was good today. And that was a ****ty flag on Jackson.
It's hard to say. We never saw what the ref saw as they only televised the view from behind Kj & Decker. It's possible Kj threw up an arm bar & the ref in the end zone saw it & we didn't.
Old 09-24-2012   #308
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Demps had a good game. First time I didn't question letting Nolan go. He was every where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Was Manning hurt? Demps got a lot of reps in there and played well. Not that I mind, but I hope that we wasn't playing because of injury.
I don't know. But if we go to 6 DBs, which we do a lot, we'll have three safeties & three corners on the field.
Old 09-24-2012   #309
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Nothing mentioned in the press conference.
Old 09-24-2012   #310
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I agree, that was a bad flag on Jackson. The flags on McCain were legit, however. He was Manning's whipping boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
KJ is a solid legit #2 CB.
In the words of Bernie "The Wolf": "Well, let's not start sucking each other's ****s quite yet"

Although I will agree Kareem has played much, much better!!!!

*EDITED*
Edited to clean it up a bit!!!!
Old 09-24-2012   #311
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my take on that interference call on KJ:

KJ played pretty well all day. On this play, though, he covered the receiver pretty well (and was actually behind the receiver on a pass that was going over them), up until he looked for the ball. When KJ looked for the ball, he made a wrong assumption. He assumed it was thrown to the inside (toward the middle of the field) and it was not. He went in that direction toward where he thought the ball would be. The receiver, who was behind him and not as close for instance to the end-line as him, then tried to go to where the ball was actually going to land, and KJ was in his way. They collided (not hard, but they made contact).

Now, you've got KJ running the wrong way and impeding the receiver. The ref called this interference. My objection is that KJ has a right to be wherever he is going to "be." If he wants to chase butterflies all over the field, he has a right to do that, and if he gets in a receiver's way, that is just the receiver's problem. KJ has a right to "go for the ball," even if his idea of where the ball is going is totally clueless.

My main point is that I really don't think they ever call that offensive pass interference if the positions are switched. KJ has a right to be out there running around like a chicken with his head cut off just like any receiver does. It's not like the grabbed or shoved the receiver in any way. Only thing I can figure is that possibly the ref felt that KJ was "intentionally" confused about the location of the ball. We know that KJ doesn't fake this kind of stupidity.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #312
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Usually when Demps is in it's because we slide Quin to CB. Manning stays on the field.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #313
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Here's my take on that interference call on KJ:

KJ played pretty well all day. On this play, though, he covered the receiver pretty well (and was actually behind the receiver on a pass that was going over them), up until he looked for the ball. When KJ looked for the ball, he made a wrong assumption. He assumed it was thrown to the inside (toward the middle of the field) and it was not. He went in that direction toward where he thought the ball would be. The receiver, who was behind him and not as close for instance to the end-line as him, then tried to go to where the ball was actually going to land, and KJ was in his way. They collided (not hard, but they made contact).

Now, you've got KJ running the wrong way and impeding the receiver. The ref called this interference. My objection is that KJ has a right to be wherever he is going to "be." If he wants to chase butterflies all over the field, he has a right to do that, and if he gets in a receiver's way, that is just the receiver's problem. KJ has a right to "go for the ball," even if his idea of where the ball is going is totally clueless.

My main point is that I really don't think they ever call that offensive pass interference if the positions are switched. KJ has a right to be out there running around like a chicken with his head cut off just like any receiver does. It's not like the grabbed or shoved the receiver in any way. Only thing I can figure is that possibly the ref felt that KJ was "intentionally" confused about the location of the ball. We know that KJ doesn't fake this kind of stupidity.
It's looking more and more like Chris Myers part II.
Poke some fun at the guy before finally coming the final realization
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #314
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta give the man his propers. That was a textbook pass defense there at the end of the third. Looked back for the ball at precisely the right moment and swatted the ball away.

Congrats, Mr. Jackson.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #315
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Hahahaha!!! And the pick-six sews it up.

Our little baby's all groweds up!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #316
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem had a great game today. Completely locked up his man and had pick 6 just in case.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #317
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, KJ did great today.

Go KJ!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #318
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Yep, KJ did great today.

Go KJ!!!

Go Texans!!!
I second this GREAT JOB KJ
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #319
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Hahahaha!!! And the pick-six sews it up.

Our little baby's all groweds up!
Yeah , he's grown up before our eyes ... gone from the outhouse to the penthouse.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #320
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I thought it was awesome, the pick six. It felt like Mario's first sack at Reliant.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read