Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2014   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 236122 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2015 Roster & cap FA returning

WR AJohnson $16.0
LT D Brown 9.5
LG B Jones 1.0----S'ua Filo 1.0
C C Myers 8.0
RG Brooks 1.0
RT Newton FA
WR Hopkins 2.0----Martin (PR) .75
QB Fitzpatrick 4.0----Savage .6----Mallett FA---Keenum FA
FB Prosch .5
RB A. Foster 9.0----Blue .5
TE Graham 4.0---Griffin .6---Fiedorowicz .75

Defense and STs
LDE JJ Watt $22.0------Jamison FA
NT Luis Nix .7------R. Pickett FA-----Powe FA
RDE Crick .75----Pagan .5
LOLB Mercilus 2.5-----Ankrah .5---Clowney 5.0
LILB Tuggle .6-----Dent FA
RILB Cushing 8.0----Mohamed .7--Bullough .5
ROLB Simon .6
LCB Bouye .6-----Morris .6----Kareem Jackson FA
SS Swearinger 1.0
FS Ballentine .5----K Lewis FA
RCB Rolle .5----Hal .5
K Bullock .7----P Lechler 2.0 ----LS Weeks .8
Dead $ 600K Non injury Quessenberry $ .6

Total towards cap 46 players= $109 + $1.0(dead & Q)=$110m+ 7 draft +8PS

Draft: 1.15 WR Parker 2.47 S Prewitt 3.79 OT J.Fisher 4.111 ILB/OLB J. Ryan
5.143 OLB/DE/TE Lyndon Trail 6.175 OT/OG Jamil Douglas 7.207 DE/DT
Henry Anderson
Old 12-24-2014   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 227329 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2015 Roster & cap FA returning

Thanks for the info!

Would love that draft. Especially the first 3 picks. Do you really think Fisher will be there in the 3rd?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 236122 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Thanks for the info!

Would love that draft. Especially the first 3 picks. Do you really think Fisher will be there in the 3rd?
good question on Fisher who is currently ranked #70 and a reason I had Drango in second on my last mock;decided to return to Douglas as my fall back. Douglas is much better than his ranking and you should watch him pull at his size! TBH, I am thinking that Smith may go spend some money on a high quality RT which would decrease need for early OT. Then I'd look at WR Rashad Green if there or WR Justin Hardy.
Old 12-28-2014   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Season over:

Brooks Reed, wanted to bring him back but 2.56 tackles per game not doing it for me although seemed to end the season being more of a player. I do not bring him back but team might if he accepts nachos and a 12 pack.

I'd like to see Tuggle moved back to OLB 6'3 249 and Mohamed to left ILB.

Can Hal be our kick returner? He did fairly well at Vanderbilt.
Old 12-31-2014   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13024 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to bring Newton back at a fair clip. May get too much money.
Old 12-31-2014   #6
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 46975 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we know what the cap number is for 2015?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #7
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 46975 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Ben Jones ready to move to Center?

Myers said in an interview that Houston is his home and he'd like to continue playing here. But he recognizes the game is a business and accepts that he might be released.
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2014   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 227329 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Do we know what the cap number is for 2015?
Everything I saw says it's supposed to be $140 mill or a bit higher. Texans should have $8-10 million without cuts or restructures
Old 12-31-2014   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:

Myers said in an interview that Houston is his home and he'd like to continue playing here. But he recognizes the game is a business and accepts that he might be released.
Will he get blown up less at center than at guard?
Old 12-31-2014   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 521408 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Will he get blown up less at center than at guard?
A lot of his problems seem to be cranial flatulence and that's about the last thing you want in a center, just edging out looking like Pee Wee Herman.
Old 12-31-2014   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
A lot of his problems seem to be cranial flatulence and that's about the last thing you want in a center, just edging out looking like Pee Wee Herman.
yep, center should be the most intelligent player on the field. I don't think Jones can handle it
Old 12-31-2014   #12
Number19
All Pro

Maybe so, but he played the position and made the line calls for four years at Georgia. And we need to resign Newton and Jackson, at a minimum, and that's going to take maybe $10M in cuts elsewhere. I see Myers and Graham as candidates for the ax.
Old 12-31-2014   #13
Troy Chapman
All Pro

Rep Power: 60895 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Finalized cap number won't be released until first week of March.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I would love to bring Newton back at a fair clip. May get too much money.
I'm thinking most of our FAs will return as excitement of new coaches + Ws versus last season have them drooling to push on. If fans do the "what if we had just won..or if Clowney ...or if we had just had a consistent, healthy QB.." so do the players. Not to get too kool aidey here but if the picks from '14 return healthy AND play as hoped for + we have another good draft (barring injuries)we should have very good, deep roster. I think the Oline like the system (we could do better with Oline coach) and if X and Brooks solidify..whooee.

Jackson is only one I am concerned about as I have been saying a team or two will offer him big $. A recent listen on radio found several talking heads saying same thing including this boards favorite whipping boy, John McClain. This is why on my OP above I move Joseph and use that $8.5m. I just realized last night that I had not taken his dead $ into account so would have to add $3.75m to cap.
Old 12-31-2014   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 400274 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
This is why on my OP above I move Joseph and use that $8.5m. I just realized last night that I had not taken his dead $ into account so would have to add $3.75m to cap.
Johnathan Joseph's cap hit for 2015 would be $12.25M. If you're calculating $8.5M in savings, then you're already accounting for the $3.75M in dead money.

If you figure our current cap is at $129M with Joseph & the 2015 cap will be set at $140M, that's $11M we have to work with. Cutting Joseph will add $8.5M to that number for $19M.

No need to add the dead money.
Old 12-31-2014   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

I would hope so but only coaches know that one. Ben Jones last year is 2015 & since his value at starting LG has been established and he will use a renewed Newton's deal to negotiate upwards. I'd love to see X start and Jones move to b/up center but no reason to think that will occur.

How about if Myers is given a new 3 year deal this off season thru 2017 lowering his cap hit? He will be 36 Sept of that year. Love him or not the guy just keeps on starting.
Old 12-31-2014   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17689 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder who we, would rather keep j joe or k Jackson ....???

Maybe we go cb round 1
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #18
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 29253 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully if they Cushing will restructure to add a bit, try and restructure AJ, team needs to luck out on Ryan Mallett really, if he signs for Fitz money for 3 years and proves to be what some think he can be then we are going to be a good team for a long time.

It's time for Rick Smith to make some great contract moves, if he can pull down the cap number on the likes of AJ, Cushing and JoJo then we can bring in a couple of mid range FAs to make this team a better fit for OBs plans and then give draftees the time to develop.

If Mallett is crap, or they screw this golden opportunity to get the cap under control then the regime won't pan out imho. It's make or break.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

Maybe we go cb round 1
oh I think age alone says keep KJ if you have to choose between the two. Hopefully we keep both at friendly #'s
Old 12-31-2014   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

Maybe we go cb round 1
Jackson hands down. Age alone huge factor.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read