Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2014   #1
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Inactives

Week 1

1. Jeff Adams OT
2. Jason Ankrah DE
3. Garrett Graham TE
4. Shiloh Keo FS
5. Louis Nix NT
6. DeVier Posey WR
7. Tom Savage QB
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #2
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Inactives

Week 2

1. Jeff Adams OT
2. Jadeveon Clowney OLB
3. C J Fiedorowicz TE

4. Shiloh Keo FS
5. Louis Nix NT
6. DeVier Posey WR
7. Tom Savage QB

Additions from previous week BOLDED in RED

Player(s) off from previous Inactive List

Ankrah - Activated/Released
Graham - Activated
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

Last edited by Marshall; 09-17-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2014   #3
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Week 3 - projected (will be edited when actually released to keep extraneous posts down)

1. Jeff Adams OT
2. Jadeveon Clowney OLB
3. C J Fiedorowicz TE
4. Shiloh Keo FS
5. Louis Nix NT
6. DeVier Posey WR
7. Tom Savage QB

Old 09-17-2014   #4
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Posey thing is irritating and confusing. Not sure what he did to land in the doghouse.....
Old 09-17-2014   #5
austins23
Veteran

Section: GridIron 525
Rep Power: 23117 austins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respectedaustins23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I heard CJ would be back on the field this weekend
Old 09-17-2014   #6
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
The Posey thing is irritating and confusing. Not sure what he did to land in the doghouse.....

Why are you sure he's in the dog house and this isn't for football reasons?

The only guy you'd suit him up over is Martin and if Damaris got dinged or winded, Martin would probably take the slot role and return punts...
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

The only guy you'd suit him up over is Martin and if Damaris got dinged or winded, Martin would probably take the slot role and return punts...
I'd rather have Posey on the field as a receiver over both Damaris & Martin, with that in mind, DMan would be my back up return man on kick offs & Blue maybe on punt returns.
Old 09-17-2014   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Other than Clowney, Nix is the one that's hurting the most. I re-watch some of the game last night and couldn't help but notice how the D changes when Powe isn't on the field or is gassed. Powe was taking on the double teams very well, allowing Cushing to do what he needed to do in the run game. There were a couple occasions where Powe took the double teams into the RB. However, when Powe gets gassed he's easily moved at times.

The problem is, we don't have anyone who can spell Powe for an extended amount of time. Jamison got manhandled more times than not. He's playing out of his position so it's hard to place blame on him.

S, to me, Nix is hurting this team more than we realize. Yeah, he's a rookie and it's hard to count that much on a rookie. But damn
Old 09-17-2014   #9
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
S, to me, Nix is hurting this team more than we realize. Yeah, he's a rookie and it's hard to count that much on a rookie. But damn
Might not see Nix until we play Buffalo...if then...

Buffalo is one spot ahead of us at 31 for passing attempts per game. We are first in rushing attempts per game and Buffalo is fourth.
Old 09-17-2014   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd rather have Posey on the field as a receiver over both Damaris & Martin, with that in mind, DMan would be my back up return man on kick offs & Blue maybe on punt returns.
Have you ever seen Blue return a punt? I'm talking about in college? Bad idea

Before camp started BOB said the Texans needed a slot WR/KR/PR guy. Apparently training camp didn't change his mind. Hence adding Johnson to the roster. I'm willing to give Johnson a chance. He appears to be more dynamic and more willing to go over the middle than Martin. Martin/Posey's time in Houston appear to be done after this yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Might not see Nix until we play Buffalo...if then...

Buffalo is one spot ahead of us at 31 for passing attempts per game. We are first in rushing attempts per game and Buffalo is fourth.
Hopefully Nix will be healthy. If so, he should be in shape by the Buffalo game.

It take a while for rookies to adjust to the NFL game. Hopefully Nix can spell Powe for about 20 snaps a game and play at a high level.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #12
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 42914 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't see Johnson as such a return threat in lieu of Martin to keep Posey off the field as a legit third receiver option. That's why doghouse immediately comes to mind for me as well.

But maybe it's just a philosophy with OB to not budge on having a guy returning kicks that he fully trusts. Perhaps he also sees Johnson coming along as the season goes on as more of a slot target in his offense.

Just bummed we haven't got to see much of Andre, DHop, and Posey working together at the same time, as I felt it's looked good on paper ever since we picked Hopkins.
Mollywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Week 2

1. Jeff Adams OT
2. Jadeveon Clowney OLB
3. C J Fiedorowicz TE

4. Shiloh Keo FS
5. Louis Nix NT
6. DeVier Posey WR
7. Tom Savage QB

Ankrah - Released
Graham - Activated
Ankrah played week 2 and was release AFTER the game. Right?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #14
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollywhopper View Post
I don't see Johnson as such a return threat in lieu of Martin to keep Posey off the field as a legit third receiver option. That's why doghouse immediately comes to mind for me as well.

But maybe it's just a philosophy with OB to not budge on having a guy returning kicks that he fully trusts. Perhaps he also sees Johnson coming along as the season goes on as more of a slot target in his offense.

Just bummed we haven't got to see much of Andre, DHop, and Posey working together at the same time, as I felt it's looked good on paper ever since we picked Hopkins.
What I mean is, regardless of who is 1 or 2 at KR, Slot, that role is filled with those two guys. Even if you put Martin ahead of Damaris, the situation is still the same.

If you suit Posey you have to sit someone.

I'm not saying you are wrong btw. Could be in the doghouse for something. I don't know.
Old 09-17-2014   #15
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem with Damaris suiting up and starting in the slot. He brings a speed and explosiveness that none of the other WR's possess.

My issue is Martin getting PT over Posey. Martin sucks. It's been clear for years. Posey has shown flashes when he's been healthy. Therefore, it's frustrating to see him riding pine while he's healthy and see Martin get meaningless PT.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Correct. And I'm not surprised. Though he looked good in PS in the game he was the defensive version of a Hologram. If he made any positive plays, I must have blinked.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #17
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 42914 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What I mean is, regardless of who is 1 or 2 at KR, Slot, that role is filled with those two guys. Even if you put Martin ahead of Damaris, the situation is still the same.

If you suit Posey you have to sit someone.

I'm not saying you are wrong btw. Could be in the doghouse for something. I don't know.
Short of sitting in on O'Brien's meetings and hearing his direct reasons, I would value suiting up either:

A) Andre, DHop, Posey, Johnson

or

B) Andre, DHop, Posey, Martin

over inactivating Posey. But again, that's largely due to my thoughts on what Posey can bring as a good size target mixing in with Graham/Fiedo, working underneath Andre/DHop.
Mollywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #18
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 34219 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Since we are speculating on circumstances, a bigger fear of mine would be to see Martin or Demaris in at WR1 or WR2 if AJ or Nuk went out of a game. I think it would be easier to find an emergency PR/KR within our active roster than a viable WR1 or WR2. JMO...who knows
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014   #19
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think so. Let me edit.

Old 09-17-2014   #20
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this is part of BoBs brilliance? He hides his secret weapon for the first few weeks then BAM we come out throwing the rock and dominate!!!! LOL, a guy can wish right?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read