Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-24-2005   #1
maddsouth
Rookie

Default A new Texan fan

As a former Oiler fan, I followed the Titans and really enjoyed the team through the Eddie days, although he may come back Im really leaning towards the Texans, I really like the team and even when the Texans lose they always play tough, and David Carr is without a doubt a very underrated QB in the NFL, I look for the Texans to make a playoff push this season and although the Colts are still a better team I look foward to seeing the Texans improve each season....Go Texans
maddsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #2
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Welcome to the board and I think you feel bout the Texans as most of us on this board feel.
Old 05-24-2005   #3
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

lean on over, maddsouth... it's about to get even more interesting than past 3 years.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

some things u should know, ibar harry always negative on whatever the subject may be. Me always positive, another thing after we lose a game every thinks that all the staff and coaches should be fired. Oh and according to most on here D. Davis is not starting RB material ! Last but not least welcome to the board. ENJOY
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Hey I think DD is All Pro starting material
Old 05-24-2005   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

haha yeah i know u do, i meant most in general,,,,ok maddsouth me and Yodaa think D.D is an awesome running back, and a few others. They will see when he gets 1400-1500 yrds and 17-20 tds this season !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #7
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha yeah i know u do, i meant most in general,,,,ok maddsouth me and Yodaa think D.D is an awesome running back, and a few others. They will see when he gets 1400-1500 yrds and 17-20 tds this season !
is he gonna rush for 1400 or all purpose 1400, cuz he has already done that in terms of all purpose last year... anyways, welcome maddsouth, just a quick note, dont argue with me on anything, cuz everyone that does loses, haha jp, but really, welcome
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2005   #8
Doom Capers
Veteran

You picked a good time to come back to this side.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Don't worry..he won't be the last. I expect we'll see quite a few Houston area Titans fans convert to the Texans over the next couple seasons as the Titans finish towards the bottom of the league for a few years and the Texans continue rising.

Anyway though, welcome to the board. Generally good people around here, the best board in the league without a doubt.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #10
YodAa
All Pro

I'm not sure having the former Titan fans jump ship would be cool because wouldn't they just be bandwagoner's?
Old 05-24-2005   #11
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
I'm not sure having the former Titan fans jump ship would be cool because wouldn't they just be bandwagoner's?
It's possible, but it is also possible that they were die hard Houston Oiler fans, and it just took them this long to come to grips that the Oilers are gone and that Houston has a new team.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005   #12
YodAa
All Pro

Once the Texans make it big our board will be filled with so many bandwagoners and then left with a bunch of abandoned SNs
Old 05-24-2005   #13
YodAa
All Pro

I like your avatar 3rdI.
Old 05-25-2005   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
It's possible, but it is also possible that they were die hard Houston Oiler fans, and it just took them this long to come to grips that the Oilers are gone and that Houston has a new team.
A TRUE DIEHARD HOUSTON Oiler fan would NEVER have supported Bud and what he did!! I don't buy that garbage about supporting the "team" not Bud. Any NFL team is a reflection of the owner, he has the checkbook. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #15
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
Isn't the true meaning of a band wagoner an person that leaves a team when the one they follow stinks and jump on a winning team's band wagon.....one in which they have no formal or geographical ties?

The Texans have not had a winning season so I am not sure that it applies here.

Welcome.
Old 05-25-2005   #16
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Copy that Tedc,
Jumping to a losing teams wagon does not make you a bandwagoner. Welcome to the board. I hope you will enjoy the intelligent and insightful discussion.
Old 05-25-2005   #17
Davis37
All Pro

Welcome to the board
Old 05-25-2005   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I have said all along that if anyone wants to get on the wagon, now is the time to do it because after this season, you will be labeled a bandwagoneer because from here on we are in the playoffs and Super Bowl.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #19
The Preacher
Veteran

This offseason is dragging so I thought I would add to it. In order to to reach the amount of humility I will never attain I must say it took Year 2 before I jumped on board. As a lifelong Oiler fan from Knoxville since the greatest draft pick ever 78' Longhorn, I tried to root for the Titans since I have resided here in Nashville for a decade and they essentially were the old Oilers. I went to a few of the games when they played at Vandy and even jumped on the wagon for their SB run. I never vibed with them though and only went to one game at Adelphia over the years. It felt like I lost my team completely until the Texans came around and now I feel like I have my team back. I was fortunate to catch the game here last year and it was by far the most fun I had last football season. Well sorry to ramble just thought I'd pass some time maybe the vols and horns can rumble in the Rose Bowl this year and see who the real UT is.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005   #20
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Welcome Aboard

And I'd just like to go an record as being a big fan of Domanick Davis....and I do think that he can get the job done. I think that a lot of our players are good.

However I'd also like to go on record as stating that, I'm not fond of Mckinney, Payne, Billy Miller or Chris Palmer.........they should all go.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read