Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-30-2012   #341
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opening day 53 man roster prediction.

Well see what happens
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #342
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more confused about some spots now than I was at first.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #343
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Grimes like a motha i dont think he makes the cut. due to alot of spots being locked up coming into and going into the season into the season and doubt we go 4deep at RB hope and pray we can keep him on the PS
Old 08-30-2012   #344
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Like Grimes like a motha i dont think he makes the cut. due to alot of spots being locked up coming into the season and doubt we go 4deep at RB hope and pray we can keep him on the PS
I think I'm still going to have grimes on my roster. I have to see think about it.

I think I'm going to take Norris off my roster though. I just don't know. The coaches have some tough decisions to make and they gotta make them fast.
Old 08-30-2012   #345
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Ya, I think we will keep Norris due to the fact kubiak will move Casey around and he also accounts as one of are Te's
Old 08-30-2012   #346
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Edited 53 man roster

Qb-Schaub,Yates

Rb-Foster,Tate,Forsett

Fb-Casey,Norris

Te-Od,Graham

Wr-Dre,Kw,Jean,Martin,Posey,Holliday

Lt-Dbo,Gardner

Lg-Wade Smith,Shelly Smith

C-Myers,Jones

Rg-Caldwell,Brooks

Rt-Newton

De-Antonio,Watt,Jamison,Crick

Dt-Cody,Mitchell,Fangupo

Olb-Barwin,Reed,Mercilus,Braman,Nading

Mlb-Cush,James,Dobbins,Alexander

Cb-J-Joe,Kareem,McCain,Harris,McMannis,Ball

Fs-GQ,Nolan

Ss-Manning,Demps

K-Graham

P-Jones

Ls-Weeks

PUP-Sharpton will take his spot back from Alexander if he is able to play this yr

PS-Rb-Grimes,Wr-Maehl,Qb-Keenum
Old 08-30-2012   #347
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think he was talking about the pup rule.

If I understand correctly it has been changed and extended.

Of course I heard that on the radio so that info could be wrong.
No changes to the PUP rule - only the IR and trade deadline changes.
Old 08-30-2012   #348
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 262799 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. Some great stuff out there tonight. Here's my final attempt at it:

Offense: 24
QB: Schaub, Yates, Beck
RB: Foster, Tate, Forsett
FB: Casey, Norris
WR: AJ, KW, KMart, Jean, Posey, Holiday
TE: OD, GG
LT: DB, Gardner
LG: Smith
C: Myers, Jones
RG: Caldwell, Brooks
RT: Newton

Defense: 26
DE: Smith, Watt, Jamison, Crick
NT: Cody, Earl
OLB: Barwin, Reed, Braman, Mercilus, Bryant
ILB: Cush, James, Dobbins, Alexander
CB: JJo, Jackson, McCain, Harris, McMannis, Carmichael
S: Manning, Quin, Demps, Nolan, Pleasant

LS: Weeks
P: Jones
K: Graham

--- PS ---
NT - Fangupo
TE - Brock, Supernaw
FB - Smith
QB - Keenum
DE - King
LB - Loiseau
RB - Grimes

I think Beck solidified his spot and Keenum's going to PS.

I think Grimes didn't flash enough and is going to PS.

I liked what I saw from Ben Jones playing BOTH Center and Guard. He handed one guy off to the tackle (Menkins, iirc) and the tackle wasn't there and that almost got Case killed but I don't think that was his fault.

Norris is an enigma. He looked good blocking. I don't know if that's enough to make the squad. He's got to catch the ball and his hands looked like Vickers's hands looked last year. And that's not a good thing.

I just can't cut Bryant. I don't know if he makes the team but he's been bringing it all preseason. I keep him.

I've got too many DBs. I think Keo played himself off the squad and I think Pleasant played himself on. Carmichael looked much better this game and I'm putting him in and cutting Ball... but honestly, I'm afraid Ball's going to make the team.

No way we don't make a spot for Tri-cycle now.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #349
Rey
Hall of Fame

Qb: schaub, Yates
Fb: Casey
Rb: foster, Tate, Forsett, grimes
Wr: the obvious 5
TE: od, Grahm, Brock
OT: brown, newton, that one guy
OG: caldwell, wade, Brooks
C: Meyers, jones

DE: watt, crick, Antonio, Jamison
NT: Cody, Mitchell, fangupo
OLB: reed, barwin, merci, Braman, nading, Bryant
MLB: James, Cush, mr, dobbins
Cb: kjax, jjo, McCain, Harris, Carmichael
S: Quinn, manning, Nolan, demps,

K
P
KR
LS

PS: Keenum, supernaw, pleasant, louiseau, the other guy from u of h, guy x, guy y
Old 08-30-2012   #350
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Damn. Some great stuff out there tonight. Here's my final attempt at it:

Offense: 24
WR: AJ, KW, KMart, Jean, Posey, Holiday
LG: Smith

Defense: 26
NT: Cody, Earl
OLB: Barwin, Reed, Braman, Mercilus, Bryant
CB: JJo, Jackson, McCain, Harris, McMannis, Carmichael
S: Manning, Quin, Demps, Nolan, Pleasant

--- PS ---
NT - Fangupo
TE - Brock, Supernaw
FB - Smith
QB - Keenum
DE - King
LB - Loiseau
RB - Grimes

I think Beck solidified his spot and Keenum's going to PS.

I think Grimes didn't flash enough and is going to PS.

I liked what I saw from Ben Jones playing BOTH Center and Guard. He handed one guy off to the tackle (Menkins, iirc) and the tackle wasn't there and that almost got Case killed but I don't think that was his fault.

Norris is an enigma. He looked good blocking. I don't know if that's enough to make the squad. He's got to catch the ball and his hands looked like Vickers's hands looked last year. And that's not a good thing.

I just can't cut Bryant. I don't know if he makes the team but he's been bringing it all preseason. I keep him.

I've got too many DBs. I think Keo played himself off the squad and I think Pleasant played himself on. Carmichael looked much better this game and I'm putting him in and cutting Ball... but honestly, I'm afraid Ball's going to make the team.

Totally agree on Mitch King liked him at Iowa but was unsure if we would put him on the PS. I would replace Fangupo with him for sure just not sure he will make the cut and I kept Fang because of Cody's back and at worst he can be a big body and suck up blocks
Old 08-30-2012   #351
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Edited 53 man roster

Qb-Schaub,Yates

Rb-Foster,Tate,Forsett

Fb-Casey,Norris

Te-Od,Graham

Wr-Dre,Kw,Jean,Martin,Posey,Holliday

Lt-Dbo,Gardner

Lg-Wade Smith,Shelly Smith

C-Myers,Jones

Rg-Caldwell,Brooks

Rt-Newton

De-Antonio,Watt,Jamison,Crick

Dt-Cody,Mitchell,Fangupo

Olb-Barwin,Reed,Mercilus,Braman,Nading

Mlb-Cush,James,Dobbins,Alexander

Cb-J-Joe,Kareem,McCain,Harris,McMannis,Ball

Fs-GQ,Nolan

Ss-Manning,Demps

K-Graham

P-Jones

Ls-Weeks

PUP-Sharpton will take his spot back from Alexander if he is able to play this yr

PS-Rb-Grimes,Wr-Maehl,Qb-Keenum
Where's Butler? Is he on IR?
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #352
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Being reported he's out for the year.
Old 08-30-2012   #353
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 262799 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I assume he's going on IR. As soon as I saw the injury, I figured he was on IR and now reports are starting to trickle in that he is.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #354
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Rey and Pencil Neck. Just found out about Butler.

Sorry about that Bleed Blu Red.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #355
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My updated list with Beck & Gardner making it.

WR: AJ, KW, KMart, Jean, Posey
LG: Smith, Smith

NT: Cody, Mitchell, Fangupo
OLB: Barwin, Reed, Braman, Mercilus
CB: JJo, Jackson, McCain, Ball, Harris, Mcmanis
S: Manning, Quin, Demps, Nolan

KR: Holliday

---
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #356
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Rey and Pencil Neck. Just found out about Butler.

Sorry about that Bleed Blu Red.
It's cool that's what the forums for to get info
Old 08-30-2012   #357
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm more confused about some spots now than I was at first.
Arent we all ?!!? Thats half the fun of the prediction ....

I tell you , its been a fun offseason to be a Texan fan , much better than those dismal years of 6-10 or 2-14. Many of the guy's who get cut , especially from the secondary will end up on someone's roster.

Gonna be a tough decision with Grimes and Forsett .... they are loaded in the backfield.

DJ Bryant .... Hell of a find by Smith. Dont think there is room for him on the 53 but I sure hope he makes it to the PS.

Trycycle sticks , if not he's on someone elses roster and I personally chew Gary a new one. He's just too explosive not to keep. Damn did he really run half speed from the 30 and still score ?!

CB - Ive got to go with McManis and Ball over Carmichael.

Not sure they hold onto Keo .... Pleasant probably makes the PS.

Alexander probably sticks around .... at least until Sharpton is elegible to return.

Nading somehow stays .... He's too versatile , ILB/OLB and a very good ST player.

Man there will be some tough cuts made tonight ....

I didnt get to watch the second half tonight .... My DVR cut off right after the kickoff. Anyone know where I can find a full replay ???

Fangupo - He held up at the point of attack .... Just dont know if there is room for a 3rd DT/NT on this roster when they only play two downs.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #358
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Now the waiting game. 24 hours to see who makes the team, another 24 hours to see which players are still available for the practice squad.

Nail biters all.

Suddenly o-line looks like a bigger need than WR did a few months ago..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #359
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

I don't like what I see in Harris...to me, they should be looking at him hard.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012   #360
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

WR1 A Johnson K Martin L Jean
LT D Brown A Gardner
LG W Smith
C C Myers B Jones
RG A Caldwell B Brooks S Smith
RT D Newton
TE O Daniels G Graham
WR2 K Walter D Posey T Holliday
QB M Schaub T.J. Yates
RB A Foster B Tate J Forsett
FB J Casey Norris

DE J.J. Watt T Jamison
DT S Cody E Mitchell
DE A Smith J Crick
SLB B Reed B Braman J Nading
ILB B Cushing M Alexander
ILB B James T Dobbins
WLB C Barwin W Mercilus
LCB K Jackson S McManis B Harris
RCB J Joseph B McCain
SS D Manning Q Demps
FS G Quin T Nolan A Pleasent

PK S Graham
P D Jones
LS J Weeks
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read