Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-29-2012   #301
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opening day 53 man roster prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-4604d10e9890

I think Kubiak is trying to convince himself to go with Casey as the lone fullback and use him at tight end. Note that he said last year they carried nine backs and tight ends, but now they're at six or seven. If you count...Foster, Tate, Forsett, Grimes, Daniels, Graham, Casey. Right now I'm thinking Norris gets released and resigned if needed later in the season. I was thinking Grimes would go to the practice squad, but after more thought, Kubiak may want to carry four backs this year, as I think Grimes offers some help on special teams. I think Logan and Supernaw both get released, with Logan ending up on the practice squad. This offers him flexibility in other areas of the roster.
no way we only go with 3 total TE's & FB. last yr we had 5. this year hes thinking of dropping it to 4 imo not 3
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #302
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't their new rules this year for IR, you can come off IR after 8 weeks?
That was a proposal, but the NFL and NFLPA could not come to an agreement on it.
Old 08-29-2012   #303
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

qb- Schaub, Yates, Keenum
rb- Foster, Tate, Grimes, Forsett
fb- Casey, Norris
te- Daniels, Graham, Brock
wr- Johnson, Walter, Martin, Jean, Posey
olstarters- Brown, W Smith, Myers, Caldwell, Newton
oldepth- Butler, Brooks, Jones, S Smith

dl- Watt, Cody, A Smith, Jamison, Mitchell, Crick
lb- Reed, Cushing, Barwin, Mercilus, Braman, Alexander, Dobbins
cb- Joseph, Jackson, McCain, Harris, McMannis, Ball
s- Manning, Quin, Nolan, Keo, Demps

p- Jones
k- Graham
kr/pr- Holliday
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #304
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If Roc Carmichael doesn't make this team, I'll be surprised. I guess they could try to sneak him onto the practice squad, but the guy was a 4th round pick.

I know he had a bad game this past week, but the week before he looked ok.

The guy is basically a rookie after spending all of last year on IR. Cutting him would be a complete waste of a 4th round pick and I really don't see them giving up on him that soon.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #305
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
qb- Schaub, Yates, Keenum
rb- Foster, Tate, Grimes, Forsett
fb- Casey, Norris
te- Daniels, Graham, Brock
wr- Johnson, Walter, Martin, Jean, Posey
olstarters- Brown, W Smith, Myers, Caldwell, Newton
oldepth- Butler, Brooks, Jones, S Smith

dl- Watt, Cody, A Smith, Jamison, Mitchell, Crick
lb- Reed, Cushing, Barwin, Mercilus, Braman, Alexander, Dobbins
cb- Joseph, Jackson, McCain, Harris, McMannis, Ball
s- Manning, Quin, Nolan, Keo, Demps

p- Jones
k- Graham
kr/pr- Holliday
You don't have Bradie James making the team?

Interesting.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #306
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You don't have Bradie James making the team?

Interesting.
Nope. Either they need to stop putting him in coverage or cut him. He's been less than impressive in a scheme he's supposedly familiar with. Alexander is bigger/faster/stronger and Dobbins is outplaying every ILB not named Cushing. They still have the possibility of Sharpton later in the season too.

I forgot Carmichael, I'd put him in instead of Ball in like less than a heartbeat. Basically no ex-Cowboys hehe....
Old 08-29-2012   #307
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Nope. Either they need to stop putting him in coverage or cut him. He's been less than impressive in a scheme he's supposedly familiar with. Alexander is bigger/faster/stronger and Dobbins is outplaying every ILB not named Cushing. They still have the possibility of Sharpton later in the season too.

I forgot Carmichael, I'd put him in instead of Ball in like less than a heartbeat. Basically no ex-Cowboys hehe....
I agree Bradie has looked like crap, but I still think he'll start opposite Cushing when the season starts.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-29-2012   #308
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I was the only one who thought Bradie James looks bad so far.

But good luck convincing Wade that Bradie James isn't going to be on this roster, let alone a starter on the field at ILB.

I think we're going to have to just accept that Wade has a guy, James, who is an oldie he's fond of...so we're stuck with him.

Dobbins is straight up OWNING out there, it's patently obvious to anyone who watches without bias. Dude is standing up RBs on a consistent basis.
Old 08-29-2012   #309
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I agree Bradie has looked like crap, but I still think he'll start opposite Cushing when the season starts.
That's what I think as well. Put me in the "not impressed" camp as far as James' play. Too many whiffed arm tackles. It's not that he's not around the ball, he just doesn't make the tackle. Several that should have been TFL but the runner ended up 4 - 6 yards positive gain. We can't have that. Dobbins has looked really good and Mister has looked good as well.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #310
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Dobbins is straight up OWNING out there, it's patently obvious to anyone who watches without bias. Dude is standing up RBs on a consistent basis.
He sure seems to make good plays constantly. This is why I think HE should be the starter, rotating in Alexander when necessary. I think the two of them more than fill up the 2 down run plugging LB role. I guess I wouldn't mind if James was a injury-insurance plan for Cushing but to say he's a starter on this roster is...just...ugh...brainasplode.
Old 08-29-2012   #311
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

No, GP, I think we're all on the same page wrt Bradie James. I'd much rather have Dobbins out there at this point. James just doesn't look like he's got it, anymore.

But I don't think we're on the same page as Wade. I think Wade likes him and wants him out there.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #312
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No, GP, I think we're all on the same page wrt Bradie James. I'd much rather have Dobbins out there at this point. James just doesn't look like he's got it, anymore.

But I don't think we're on the same page as Wade. I think Wade likes him and wants him out there.
Bradie James will look a whole lot stronger with a healthy Cushing out there. He brings cerebral presence that Wade Phillips trust's.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #313
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Bradie James will look a whole lot stronger with a healthy Cushing out there. He brings cerebral presence that Wade Phillips trust's.
I hope you're right.
Old 08-29-2012   #314
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dobbins is great against the run, but horrible in coverage.
Old 08-29-2012   #315
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Dobbins is great against the run, but horrible in coverage.
he was right in Grahams hip pocket one on one. that was totally blown coverage call with no safety help over the top. Jimmy is elite for his position at least extra help should be expected, I can't fault Bradie for that, it's not like he should be expected to climb the ladder, he also has short wingspan which is perfectly normal for ILB position

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #316
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

We play the 4-1-6 a lot of times and the Hybrid Nickel which GQ comes up to the ILB spot and Nolan or Demps plays safety so Cush is the only lb on the field. I meen Bradie is on his last leg what do you expect, that's the exact reason I miss Sharpton so much but I think he will improve once the season starts and he adjust to the personal we have
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #317
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Fangupo makes the team, atleast for a month and a half because I heard a little birdy say Cody might get PUPed.
And sorry to say, but my Idaho guy Keo is history, while Posey is a def lock
unless they IR him. And I think QB Kenum is on the 53, Holliday also unless he
fumbles again Thursday. And I just don't have even a guess for which corners end up on the 53-man roster after JJ, Kareem, & McCain ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #318
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Fangupo makes the team, atleast for a month and a half because I heard a little birdy say Cody might get PUPed.
You need to shoot that little birdy because Cody can't get PUPed. He started training camp on the active roster and got hurt during camp. Therefore, can't go on PUP.
Old 08-29-2012   #319
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You need to shoot that little birdy because Cody can't get PUPed. He started training camp on the active roster and got hurt during camp. Therefore, can't go on PUP.
Plus, he and Watt are already practicing full speed. Fangupo hasn't impressed at all imo. He'd be lucky to make the PS. Harris, on the other hand, was looking great before tearing his tri. I'd like to see him back next year
Old 08-29-2012   #320
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Plus, he and Watt are already practicing full speed. Fangupo hasn't impressed at all imo. He'd be lucky to make the PS. Harris, on the other hand, was looking great before tearing his tri. I'd like to see him back next year
I dont know where I stand with him making the final roster ... He did sniff out a screen against the Aints - disengaging blockers and moving to the flat to make the tackle with Nading .... That was a smart play tho Im not sure Ive seen enough from him.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read