Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-27-2012   #261
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opening day 53 man roster prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You guys are smokin bad crack if u think Kubiak will waltz out Casey at FB on Sundays...in essence trying to kill two roster spots (TE & FB) with one guy.

There will be a designated FB on this 53 man roster, and it'll be Norris. Casey will be TE3 with ability to become a FB in certain packages or if Norris gets hurt in-game.

You guys are just trying to open up a roster spot (by leaving Norris out of the mix) so you've got the space to add whatever pet player you want to see make team.

Old GP sees right through the shenanigans. Norris will be FB1. Period.
Check my roster predictions I got Norris point blank we kept vickers last yr so why wouldn't we do it again, of course Casey will play Te and slot and rb and start at fb and play special teams he is "The Swiss Army Knife" he does multiple things for us and don't ya'll go stealing my nickname for him either hahaha but seriously I know Norris will make the team so call out the people who don't have him on there rosters
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #262
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
There will be another fb on the roster, but you don't think Casey is going to be the fb on Sundays?

I disagree with that.

Casey will be the starting fb.

He's not going to be reduced to the third TE behind Grahm and only play fb in certain packages.

That ain't happening.
What evidence do you have on your side to say that James Casey "will be the starting FB"?

Norris will be the starting FB, it's what he does. It's why Norris was brought here.

Casey is a TE first and foremost, a FB when needed or he's a FB as a situation presents itself to create confusion or matchup problems on a given down & distance.

You're dreaming if you think James Casey is our FB1. If Norris is cut, yeah. If Norris makes the 53, then Norris will get the lion's share of FB snaps unless Kubiak wants a run/pass option on a certain down & distance situation. Then we'll see Casey line up as FB, and maybe motion out...motion back...and from there the D won't know if he's lead blocking or gonna' become a passing target for Schaub.
Old 08-27-2012   #263
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Check my roster predictions I got Norris point blank we kept vickers last yr so why wouldn't we do it again, of course Casey will play Te and slot and rb and start at fb and play special teams he is "The Swiss Army Knife" he does multiple things for us and don't ya'll go stealing my nickname for him either hahaha but seriously I know Norris will make the team so call out the people who don't have him on there rosters
I'm not gonna pinpoint and name off those who left off Norris and have Casey as both the TE AND the FB1 (the ONLY FB, for that matter).

I'm just pointing out that some people are doing it, and it's so that it opens up an extra roster spot in order to make a guy fit somewhere. As an example: If I wanted both Grimes AND Forsett to make the team, AND have 6 WRs too, then I could put Casey as both a TE and as the only FB and get my extra spot to squeeze in a 4th RB or a 6th WR. Or an extra DE, or an extra CB, whichever position I wanted to add in an extra guy for whatever reason.

My reasoning: Casey can't play all of the FB reps and also contribute as a TE. Each year, Kubiak has brought someone in to be that FB1 so that Casey can do much more, as you pointed out very well (and to which I whole heartedly agree).
Old 08-27-2012   #264
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed Norris will make the squad and ya people have there player preferences o well
Old 08-27-2012   #265
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

53 man roster

Qb-Schaub,Yates

Rb-Foster,Tate,Forsett

Fb-Casey,Norris

Wr-Dre,Walter,Jean,Martin,Posey,Holliday

Te-Od,Graham

Lt-Dbo,Gardner

Lg-Wade smith

C-Meyers,Jones

Rg-Caldwell,Brooks

Rt-Newton,Butler

Cb-J-Joe,Kareem,Harris,McCain,Mcmanis,Ball

Fs-Gq,Nolan

Ss-Manning,Demps

Mlb-Cush,James,Dobbins,Alexander,Sharpton

Olb-Barwin,Reed,Mercilus,Braman,Nading

De-Watt,Antonio,Crick,Jamison,Browner

Dt-Cody,Mitchell

K-Graham

P-Jones

Practice Sqaud-Rb-Grimes,Qb-Keenum,Wr-Maehl,Og-Shelly Smith,S-Keo

I hope Sharpton comes back by wk.8 or 9 at the latest Maybe we keep Fangupo if Cody isn't ready
Old 08-27-2012   #266
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Practice Sqaud-Rb-Grimes,Qb-Keenum,Wr-Maehl,Og-Shelly Smith,S-Keo

I hope Sharpton comes back by wk.8 or 9 at the latest Maybe we keep Fangupo if Cody isn't ready
I see you have Sharpton on your 53 .... He's on the Pup list and wont take up a roster spot until he's returned to the active roster. Probably plug Mister Alexander in that spot until he returns - Not that I think he earned a spot but by default with Sharpton being out.

Also - Keo has no PS Elegibility as he spent too much time on the active roster last season , he either makes the 53 or is cut.

Other than that , the only complaint I have is at DE with Browner making the final 53 .... Too amany other guy's have shown more. I think they'd keep Keo , Shelley Smith or Grimes over him. Likely Keo since he cant go to the PS.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #267
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I see you have Sharpton on your 53 .... He's on the Pup list and wont take up a roster spot until he's returned to the active roster. Probably plug Mister Alexander in that spot until he returns - Not that I think he earned a spot but by default with Sharpton being out.

Also - Keo has no PS Elegibility as he spent too much time on the active roster last season , he either makes the 53 or is cut.

Other than that , the only complaint I have is at DE with Browner making the final 53 .... Too amany other guy's have shown more. I think they'd keep Keo , Shelley Smith or Grimes over him. Likely Keo since he cant go to the PS.
Also forgot the long snapper. Browner for Weeks and Sharpton for Grimes or Keo and it looks good.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2012   #268
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

I made the roster before I found out about Sharpton but ya id replace him with Keo since I do have Alexander and I was gona put Fangupo before browner but was unsure about Cody but he should be good to go wk.1 so idk if well take 3 Dt's
Old 08-28-2012   #269
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Also forgot the long snapper. Browner for Weeks and Sharpton for Grimes or Keo and it looks good.
I did forget Weeks counts as a 53 so there goes Fangupo in my opinion
Old 08-28-2012   #270
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Edited 53 man roster

Qb-Schaub,Yates

Rb-Foster,Tate,Forsett

Fb-Casey,Norris

Wr-Dre,Walter,Jean,Martin,Posey,Holliday

Te-Od,Graham

Lt-Dbo,Gardner

Lg-Wade smith

C-Meyers,Jones

Rg-Caldwell,Brooks

Rt-Newton,Butler

Cb-J-Joe,Kareem,Harris,McCain,Mcmanis,Ball

Fs-Gq,Nolan

Ss-Manning,Demps,Keo

Mlb-Cush,James,Dobbins,Alexander

Olb-Barwin,Reed,Mercilus,Braman,Nading

De-Watt,Antonio,Crick,Jamison

Dt-Cody,Mitchell

K-Graham

P-Jones

Ls-Weeks

PUP-Sharpton

Practice Sqaud-Rb-Grimes,Qb-Keenum,Wr-Maehl,Og-Smith
Old 08-28-2012   #271
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Norris was on my first roster but I took him off of this last one because I saw Casey stepping up and being a "real" FB. Not very many teams carry 2 FBs.

On Saturday, I saw Norris in there for a handful of snaps. On Tate's TD, he was in there as the FB in the goal-line package but he just ran around the tackle and didn't block anyone.

IF we're going to keep 2 FBs, then Norris is the guy. But I think Casey really is our FB.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #272
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not be surprised to see Cody-NT start the year on the PUP list and then be reevaluated midseason. Back injuries have a tendency to become reoccurring nightmares. I think Fangupo makes the team in his place until that midseason reevaluation.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #273
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Norris was on my first roster but I took him off of this last one because I saw Casey stepping up and being a "real" FB. Not very many teams carry 2 FBs.

On Saturday, I saw Norris in there for a handful of snaps. On Tate's TD, he was in there as the FB in the goal-line package but he just ran around the tackle and didn't block anyone.

IF we're going to keep 2 FBs, then Norris is the guy. But I think Casey really is our FB.
If Kubiak sees things he doesn't like in Norris at FB, you might be proven correct here.

I just think there's a depth issue if we go with Casey at FB and have nobody else on the roster with him. I would be really shocked if Casey is our only FB.
Old 08-28-2012   #274
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What evidence do you have on your side to say that James Casey "will be the starting FB"?.
Gee I dont know. Maybe the fact that he's the starting fb and kubiak has already said Casey is the starting fb.

We'll see who is dreaming on opening day.

What makes you think Casey is going to be the third TE behind Grahm and only be the fb in special packages?

Again, that's not happening.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #275
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I would not be surprised to see Cody-NT start the year on the PUP list and then be reevaluated midseason. Back injuries have a tendency to become reoccurring nightmares. I think Fangupo makes the team in his place until that midseason reevaluation.
That's probably more of a real potential scenario than most of us realize because the Texans are so tight-lipped with info about their players, especially when it comes to injuries.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #276
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
You can't place someone on the PUP list once they've participated in training camp. The only options for Cody are making the roster, IR, or being released.
Old 08-28-2012   #277
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Kubiak sees things he doesn't like in Norris at FB, you might be proven correct here.

I just think there's a depth issue if we go with Casey at FB and have nobody else on the roster with him. I would be really shocked if Casey is our only FB.
If Casey is the only FB , I'd expect them to sign another TE ... I cant see them go with just three bodies between the two positions. Its an either or situation tho .... 2 FB's or a 3rd TE.

Just dont think Brock or Supernaw make the final 53 , maybe one of them lands on the PS.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #278
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still worried about losing Grimes if he is signed to the practice squad.
I'm probably over-valuing him, since another team would have to keep him on their active roster all season if they signed him off our PS, but I am still concerned.

IMO, Grimes has shown enogh to make the final 53, but Forsett has shown me enough as well.
If we could get value for Tate, and get a player that could help us now, I would be open to the idea of rolling into the reg season with Foster/Grimes/Forsett plus a good player recived for Tate.

The only problem with that theory is that it is fairly pie-in-the-sky to think we would get a contributor for Tate this close to the season. Plus, what position would you want in return? NT or maybe RT?

... here is where someone will feel the urge to make some sarcastic Madden comment.... save it.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012   #279
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I'm still worried about losing Grimes if he is signed to the practice squad.
I'm probably over-valuing him, since another team would have to keep him on their active roster all season if they signed him off our PS, but I am still concerned.

IMO, Grimes has shown enogh to make the final 53, but Forsett has shown me enough as well.
If we could get value for Tate, and get a player that could help us now, I would be open to the idea of rolling into the reg season with Foster/Grimes/Forsett plus a good player recived for Tate.

The only problem with that theory is that it is fairly pie-in-the-sky to think we would get a contributor for Tate this close to the season. Plus, what position would you want in return? NT or maybe RT?
No way should we trade Tate for a player, The browns where willing to give us a 1st rnd pick for him this yr The pick is way more valuable then any player we would get for him especially if it's a 1st or a 2nd in my opinion I meen we could draft a NT or a RT if things don't work out

Last edited by infantrycak; 08-28-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-28-2012   #280
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No way should we trade Tate for a player, The browns where willing to give us a 1st rnd pick for him this yr The pick is way more valuable then any player we would get for him especially if it's a 1st or a 2nd in my opinion I meen we could draft a NT or a RT if things don't work out
I agree with what you're saying, I guess I'm just thinking that this is the Texans real shot at a championship, and I think you try to improve the team in any way possible right now, and not worry too much about next year.

Admittedly, I don't see us getting a player in return that would really strengthen the team to any significant degree, which is why I said it was a pie-in-the-sky idea.

If you could trade Tate for a player that helps right now, then I think you have to consider it. That's basically what I am saying. I do acknowledge that it is an unlikely scenario.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read