Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2012   #81
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
So on the one hand, we can't afford a roster spot for the guy Marciano hand picked, or a rookie kicker, but on the other hand we need to invest that same roster spot ln Kubrick's diamond in the rough.

I'm not getting it. If we trust that Kubrick has a knack for finding these guys then so what if someone snatches him off the practice squad. Jeremiah & Ogbadala were those guys & we''ve done fine since then.

I like Forsett & would hate to lose him just as much as Grimes. Grime has ps eligibility, Forsett doesn't. I'd roll the dice & see what happens
I don't understand what ps eligibility has to do with anything.

Just keep the better player. If it's Forsett, keep him and try to get grimes on the ps as a caveat.

If it's grimes then keep him on the team and wish Forsett luck.

Why would you put grimes on the ps if he is the better player and can help the team more? Makes no sense to me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Holliday's chances at making the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Why would you put grimes on the ps if he is the better player and can help the team more? Makes no sense to me.
Absolutely, if you think Grimes is the better player. But I don't. I also don't know if I would release my veteran backup at this position because it is possible that we'll finish the season with Forsett, Grimes, & a player yet to be named as our only healthy RBs. You never know.

This early into the season, if I have to start making those decisions, ps eligibility will play a major role in my decision making.
Old 08-16-2012   #83
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A nice article by SI.

Holliday trying to become Texans' return man
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012   #84
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the read Doc.

Will continue to be interesting the remainder of PS since tomorrow the 'training camp' routine will be over giving way to the regular season gig. Trindon will get his shots.

I'd like to see him do well. He'll have to excel for two more games to be in the running for a roster spot though.

I read the averages earlier, I *think* the KO return was 26 and the PR was 11. I'd really like Holliday to do 27 & 12.

He's exciting to watch but if he falls short there's #82. Between the two I'm not cringing every time a ball get's kicked. I'm an underdog kinda guy. I hope Holliday can get it done. If not, K Mart gets the nod and that will be exciting as well.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #85
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Absolutely, if you think Grimes is the better player. But I don't. I also don't know if I would release my veteran backup at this position because it is possible that we'll finish the season with Forsett, Grimes, & a player yet to be named as our only healthy RBs. You never know.

This early into the season, if I have to start making those decisions, ps eligibility will play a major role in my decision making.
Personally, I think the #3 RB slot is still wide open.

Meggett also did a fine job despite very few holes available.
None of these 3 guys seperates himself from the pack.

While PS eligibility is a concern, so is the salary we pay a player going forward.

It's a tough business the more success the team has.

If a young guy shows that he's close to fulfill a veteran's duty (especially as a backup where it's not very critical), the vet may find himself counting against the cap number.

I hate numbers!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #86
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Still doesn't make any sense to me. The better player should be on the roster.

We aren't discussing who we think is the better player right now. We are talking about the role practice squad eligibility plays on the decision making.

Makes no sense to me to cut a guy you think is better than the guy you keep simply because he's ps eligible.

If the late round draft pick o lineman, mondek, is better than who ever is in front of him would you like to see him cut too since he's ps eligible?

What about Lestar Jean? If he is better than Bryant Johnson would you like to see him cut since he has ps eligibility and bj is a vet?

I seriously don't get that line if thinking. Makes 0 sense to me.

PS eligibility should not be a part of the decision making process. Just keep the better player. Keep the guy you think will be more beneficial to your team.
Old 08-17-2012   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Still doesn't make any sense to me. The better player should be on the roster.
Absolutely, if you think the guy is better.

Just thought I'd repeat that part.
Old 08-18-2012   #88
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Holliday is on the team now. Time to talk about who gets left off.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #89
mocean
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I bet Bryant Johnston is getting nervous right about now
mocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #90
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocean View Post
No way he makes the team.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #91
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I agree. I wasn't on the Holliday bandwagon before tonight but now, I don't see how he can be kept off the team. I expect our WR corps to be:

1. AJ
2. KW
3a. KMart
3b. Lestar
5. Posey
6. Holliday

But like you said, that means we're going to have to cut someone from somewhere.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #92
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocean View Post
I didn't have Bryant Johnson making the team BEFORE this.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #93
Rey
Hall of Fame

I dont gave to leave anyone off because I already had him on the team.

Matter of fact I've seen a few people make rosters with trindon making it.
Old 08-19-2012   #94
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I agree. I wasn't on the Holliday bandwagon before tonight but now, I don't see how he can be kept off the team. I expect our WR corps to be:

1. AJ
2. KW
3a. KMart
3b. Lestar
5. Posey
6. Holliday

But like you said, that means we're going to have to cut someone from somewhere.
We need to find a better name for Martin. KMart is reserved for a bum who quit on his team cus his feelings got hurt.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #95
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i would just like to add yes right now we have alot of good wr and we cant carry them all

but the main point is is our team really built to be a WR Farm nope

i thought we alwasy carried more TE/s and RB ..????

finally this is what it feels like to be a good team ...LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #96
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trinton is ADORABLE!! Really knows how to play the crowd too!! I LOVED it!! He had the Bullpen going nuts! Chants of HOLLIDAY, HOLLIDAY, HOLLIDAY just about everytime he stepped on the field! GAWD, I love football! Great time tonight watching our boys do their THANG! They have some work to do, BUT, dang it was great seeing them out there on that field!! FUN times!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #97
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Starting to feel like DeVier Posey might get one of those mystery injuries.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012   #98
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Starting to feel like DeVier Posey might get one of those mystery injuries.
Why would that be? There's no way they would even attempt to cut their 3rd round pick or try to put him on the practice squad. Not like he won't have an opportunity to contribute.
Old 08-19-2012   #99
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

What exactly is holding Trindon Holliday back from being something special as a wide receiver? He's faster and quicker than Keshawn Martin but obvously he's not nearly the route runner. I've been real impressed with both Lestar Jean and Keshawn Martin and feel they are earning their spots as not only three and four but two and three on the depth chart. In my eyes, Kevin Walter has fallen from two to four but Kubiak will pencil him in as the two regardless.
Old 08-19-2012   #100
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

The mystery injury would be so they could stash him on IR instead of the practice squad or use up a roster spot.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read