Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2012   #61
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster fumbling

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
haha you asked !
Dig the avatar, btw. That's a real cutie right there.
Old 08-12-2012   #62
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 99192 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
thanks man, thats my newest little girl 7 months old and last for me and the wife, we got a 5 year old girl a 3 year old boy and her !!!
Old 08-12-2012   #63
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
thanks man, thats my newest little girl 7 months old and last for me and the wife, we got a 5 year old girl a 3 year old boy and her !!!
Seconded!! Sure is a "cutie"!!!!

In any event, I'm not worried about AF fumbling. Sh!te happens!!! What? "Sweetness, Jim Brown, Earl or other great rushers never fumbled??? Pffft! Please!!!!!
Old 08-12-2012   #64
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see any high-strung posts of major concern here so I'm left to wonder who the overreactors are and where the overeactions are posted.
SWT used to be the Grand Poobah of the Chicken Little club...we need a successor.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #65
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 99192 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Seconded!! Sure is a "cutie"!!!!

In any event, I'm not worried about AF fumbling. Sh!te happens!!! What? "Sweetness, Jim Brown, Earl or other great rushers never fumbled??? Pffft! Please!!!!!
thanks
Old 08-12-2012   #66
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
SWT used to be the Grand Poobah of the Chicken Little club...we need a successor.
I swear that kid lived on a ledge on some tall building somewhere. Sure hope he didn't jump at some point last year.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #67
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You just have a high light reel session for the RBs and show no clips of Arian. Arian will come back the next week and remind you who he is.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2012   #68
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178129 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I thouhgt that was left to GP ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #69
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Tate fumbled the same number of times last year on 100 less carries. Hopefully the Texans don't overreact like their fans.

True, but 9 times out of 10 Foster turns the ball over, Tate will be on the field the next time we have the ball. That's usually how Kubiak operates with our RBs.

Last edited by Allstar; 08-12-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #70
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178129 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
True, but 9 times out of 10 Foster turns the ball over, Tate will be on the field the next time we have the ball. That's usually how Kubiak operates with our RBs.
Notice that was Fosters only carry in the game .... Gary doesnt play when it comes to putting the ball on the ground.

Its a proven fact in the NFL , lose the turnover battle , lose the game the vast majority of the time. This one being preseason against a team that couldnt capitalize on those turnovers to the fullest .... You get away with it. With the schedule they will face this coming season .... they cant afford to lose the turnover battle and expect to come away winners.

Old 08-12-2012   #71
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's pretty much directly opposed to what kubiak said here.

It's the whole presser but he addresses directly your comment and several other takes that have been posted.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #72
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That's pretty much directly opposed to what kubiak said here.

It's the whole presser but he addresses directly your comment and several other takes that have been posted.
I'll take your word for it, I don't have time to watch the presser. Strange that I seem to remember Kubes pulling Foster/whoever in the past when he fumbles. I know he didn't in the Cincy game, but that was the first playoff game and everybody was a little too amped at the beginning. Guess I'm just misremembering.
Old 08-12-2012   #73
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Notice that was Fosters only carry in the game .... Gary doesnt play when it comes to putting the ball on the ground.
I think that had more to do with not wearing Arian down in the first pre season game if the year than anything else.

Tate got a carry before Arian did. I dont think Arian was going to carry it much more than that anyways.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #74
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll take your word for it, I don't have time to watch the presser. Strange that I seem to remember Kubes pulling Foster/whoever in the past when he fumbles. I know he didn't in the Cincy game, but that was the first playoff game and everybody was a little too amped at the beginning. Guess I'm just misremembering.
According to the stats he did'nt fumble in the Cincy game.
Old 08-13-2012   #75
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Arian has reached another level. You don't sit great players because they make a mistake. RB's fumble sometimes. Best thing to do is put them back out there so they can get right back on the horse so to speak. You're not going to punish your star rb that you just gave a bunch of money to by sitting him because he had a fumble unless it becomes chronic.

Now some snot nosed kid trying to prove himself, thats another story. If they fumble they'll be punished accordingly. They haven't earned the build up of good grace.

And it's not like Tate is some ball protecting fool anyways.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #76
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No biggie. Kubiak said he had him on a snap count and would have come out no matter what happened. As it was, Arian picked up 11 yds and lost a fumble. Also said he'd get alot more next week VS. the Niners. Starters will play about a quarter and a half.

Good presser though. Catch it if you have a chance. No finger tapping and only one "that's on me".

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #77
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
According to the stats he did'nt fumble in the Cincy game.
Yeah, he fumbled but caught it himself in the air a half second later. It never hit the ground, so I guess it's technically not a fumble.
Old 08-13-2012   #78
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, he fumbled but caught it himself in the air a half second later. It never hit the ground, so I guess it's technically not a fumble.
First rushing play of the game if I remember correctly , either way it was early in the game.

Old 08-13-2012   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 249951 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I swear that kid lived on a ledge on some tall building somewhere. Sure hope he didn't jump at some point last year.
Remember the rant about the Duane Brown pick. You'd think that pick tore a hole in the space-time continuum and we were about to be sucked into a black hole or something.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012   #80
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Remember the rant about the Duane Brown pick. You'd think that pick tore a hole in the space-time continuum and we were about to be sucked into a black hole or something.
We could have had Rashard Mendenhall!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read