Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2012   #21
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster fumbling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
So then what is the excuse for all the other RB who fumble the ball and eat meat?

I was vegan for a couple of weeks, I did'nt have any problems dropping my pen at work.
Old 08-12-2012   #22
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade Foster? Is this a joke?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #23
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Trade Foster? Is this a joke?
hell na, to fumble in the first pre season game is a NFL sacred sin. We should cut all ties with this joke of a RB. Who will never amount to anything in the NFL now because he fumbled the ball against carolina in the 2012 pre season opener.

I mean its not like the guy ran for 285 yards and 3 TDs in the play-offs last season. Our gashed the ravens for 132 yards and 1 TD. Rushing for the most yards against the ravens at home in a single game since 2003.

Wow what a scrub, who would trade for this crappy rb anyways.
Old 08-12-2012   #24
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not too concerned. I have faith he'll get it worked out.

Didn't he have fumbling problems in college at some point?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember that time Foster straight abused two of the best defenders on the Steelers D, ran it another 60 yards for a game deciding TD?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #26
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

As good as Foster has been for us these last couple of years, i've ALWAYS worried about him fumbling alot b/ c he's always swung the ball around away from his body like that...even when he was at Tennessee. & b/c he's done it for so long, Sadly i just think thats going to be something we're just going to have to live with with him.

im honestly surprised he hasn't fumbled more....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
As good as Foster has been for us these last couple of years, i've ALWAYS worried about him fumbling alot b/ c he's always swung the ball around away from his body like that...even when he was at Tennessee. & b/c he's done it for so long, Sadly i just think thats going to be something we're just going to have to live with with him.

In this instance he didnt have the ball away from his body but he did have it "down low" , he has to keep it high and tight where its harder for a defender to poke it out.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2012   #28
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, I'm concerned. Preseason or not I don't like that, predictably IMO, Foster fumbled and Schaub threw a pick.

Those two plus the Texans performance deep in the red zone has me concerned....again.
Old 08-12-2012   #29
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Its risk and reward, without holding the ball away from his body the way he does he wouldnt be able to do all the cuts and jukes that he does to make people miss.

Go back and look at every big cut he has ever made to where the defender is juked out of his shoes and you will see the ball is always way out there. Its a way to maintain balance without doing it, he wouldnt make people miss like he does.
Old 08-12-2012   #30
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 65936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I doubt that Foster's fumbling becomes a major issue. He's lost 6 fumbles in 786 touches. I'm not losing any sleep over this.
He's also fumbled 6 times (and lost 3) in his last 7 games (regular and post-season). That's 6 times in his last 188 touches - not counting last night.

When Slaton was having his fumbling issues, there were folks that compared his numbers to Adrian Peterson trying to justify continuing to use him. Any comparison between A.D. and Slaton is and was ridiculous. On the other hand, there is validity in comparing A.D. and Foster.

A.D. fumbled 16 times (lost 10) out of the 741 touches he had in the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Not good at all, but given everything he brought to the table, you lived with it. Since then he's fumbled 2 times (lost one) in 545 touches. He/The Vikings weren't content to live with it - however they did it, they appear to have fixed it.

Like A.D., Foster brings enough playmaking ability that you'll live with it it you have to. The Texans shouldn't have to.

Foster, Kubes, Chick Harris - Get it fixed!
Old 08-12-2012   #31
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think other teams are starting to see that. Once a guy fumbles a couple of times I think the other teams starts to take notice. Hopefully it will not be an issue.
Old 08-12-2012   #32
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell yeah, I'm concerned. At the rate he's going he will be fumbling every time he touches the ball. That's over 270 fumbles this year.

In all seriousness, though: I think it's a major overreaction to one carry. In which he was eleven yards down-field.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #33
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

A vegan that plays for a team that has a steak logo. You do the math.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #34
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian Peterson had a fumbling problem. If I remember correctly, he fumbled 9 times in one season. Yes, Foster needs to work on his fumbling problems, but he's not going to get traded because he's going to make explosive plays for us. He's our offense right now. Remember how our offense relied solely on him to make plays during the playoffs?

Plus, one preseason game does not have me worried at all.
Old 08-12-2012   #35
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hell na, to fumble in the first pre season game is a NFL sacred sin. We should cut all ties with this joke of a RB. Who will never amount to anything in the NFL now because he fumbled the ball against carolina in the 2012 pre season opener.

I mean its not like the guy ran for 285 yards and 3 TDs in the play-offs last season. Our gashed the ravens for 132 yards and 1 TD. Rushing for the most yards against the ravens at home in a single game since 2003.

Wow what a scrub, who would trade for this crappy rb anyways.

Yeah, he was undrafted anyway. Those guys never amount to anything.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #36
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 65936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
A vegan that plays for a team that has a steak logo. You do the math.
Are you suggesting a change?

Old 08-12-2012   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Last I checked this guy - Walter Payton - was considered one of the greatest of all time. His NFL career started with 9, 10 and 11 fumbles in his first three 14 game seasons. Let's not overreact.
Old 08-12-2012   #38
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we should define the word "worry" for this thread.

Speaking for myself I worry, meaning I hope he's works on it this preseason, not I worry as in he will make us sorry we signed him, worry.

No biggie in the big pic, IMO.
Old 08-12-2012   #39
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

trade him for a 7th ???
Old 08-12-2012   #40
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Maybe we should define the word "worry" for this thread.

Speaking for myself I worry, meaning I hope he's works on it this preseason, not I worry as in he will make us sorry we signed him, worry.

No biggie in the big pic, IMO.
I take it to mean you're (generally speaking) worried Foster will have fumbling problems this season. He's fumbled the ball seven times in 659 carries in his NFL career. There's no reason for me to think he will start struggling now.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read