Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans @ Panthers Pre-season Gameday Thread

I have been waiting for this every since the Ravens playoff game ended... which I still hate to think about. :pissed:

I'm actually psyched for a preseason game!
crazyeyes8.png

I wonder if Joel Myers has brushed up on the Texans player's names this offseason? Another thing, will we actually get REAL HD this time around?

It's on Channel 13 at 6:00 BTW.

Pay attention to Davin Meggett, those of you who can watch the game. He is not getting the praise that Grimes is getting, but when the Texans UDFA class was announced, I (and I want to say a couple other guys agreed) thought he had the better chance to stick on the roster.

I got this off Clutch Fans. A guide to the channels, that will be airing the game.

City........................................ Channel Station.................. (Network)
Houston, Texas.................................13.................... ........ KTRK (ABC)
Alexandria, LA.................................48....................... .... WNTZ (FOX)
Austin, Texas................................... 24............................ KVUE (ABC)
Beaumont, Texas............................. 12............................. KBMT (ABC)
Bryan/College Station, Texas............ 6............................. KCEN (NBC)
Corpus Christi, Texas....................... 10............................ KZTV (CBS)
El Paso, Texas................................... 9............................. KTSM (NBC)
Laredo, Texas................................. 39............................. KXOF (FOX)
McAllen, Texas................................ 2.............................. KFXV (FOX)
Midland/Odessa, Texas................... 24............................. KPEJ (FOX)
Nacogdoches/Tyler, Texas............. 56............................. KETK (NBC)
San Antonio, Texas......................... 12............................. KSAT (ABC)
Victoria, Texas............................. 17, 2........................... KMOL (ABC)
Waco/Temple, Texas....................... 6.............................. KCEN (NBC)

Also on NFLN too

I don't think we can watch it on NFL Network if they're showing it on 13. Last year, they blacked out that channel and I had to watch it on ABC 13. (I have Directv)

Maybe this year they won't. I hate channel 13. They only want to hear themselves talk and Bob Allan gets on my nerves.

I don't think we can watch it on NFL Network if they're showing it on 13. Last year, they blacked out that channel and I had to watch it on ABC 13. (I have Directv)

Maybe this year they won't. I hate channel 13. They only want to hear themselves talk and Bob Allan gets on my nerves.

I live in Corpus so I'm hoping it doesn't get blacked out.

No kidding. The local yocals on channel 13 are horrible. I might turn off the TV sound and listen to audio on the radio.

Not to mention their picture is absolute ****.

Ready to see the merca and crick on defense don't really care for the preseason but always like to see the impact rookies and come out the game healthy

Pay attention to Davin Meggett, those of you who can watch the game. He is not getting the praise that Grimes is getting, but when the Texans UDFA class was announced, I (and I want to say a couple other guys agreed) thought he had the better chance to stick on the roster.

I was one of those, I really liked what he did at Maryland and thought he'd be a good system fit. That said, I went to practice last week and Grimes looked better. Maybe game day will prove different.

Shouldn't matter much though. Forsett looks real good so whoever doesn't get cut between the two (Grimes & Meggett) will get practice squaded.

So pumped for this game. LOTS to watch for in this one.

QB - We all know Matt is the starter, but how has Yates progressed and how is Case and Beck picking up on the scheme and tempo?

RB - Look for Foster to come out strong and make us all feel good, but pay attention to Tate. I have heard he looks heavy and a little unmotivated, but could be bias from someone I know. How are the younger backs and Forsett coming along? We need some of the younger guys to prove themselves to make Tate possible trade bait in the off-season (or maybe this pre-season??)

WR - We need to see how AJ fares after another minor injury. Walter better get back to his old form of making great catches and moving the chains, how has Martin and Posey progressed? WHat about Jean and Maehl, will they step up this season? Also, pay attention to Holliday, can he make this roster as a wideout and help us on special teams?

TE - Is OD back to old form and who will be his primary back up? Lots of good things about Graham and Casey, which will take the number 2 job?

OL - LOTS of moving pieces here. RG and RT seem to be slightly in the air (RG being more so). Can the rookie over come Caldwell (I hope so!!!)

DL - Our starters are set (but who will take the lead at NT?), our depth leaves much to be desired, will someone step up?

LB - Our deepest position became even more deep with Mercilus, will Barwin or Reed step backwards this season? Who will take the role of ILB next to Cushing this season and will Brians new role be as effective?

CB - After JJo there is a big fat ?. Is Jackson the guy or will Harris or McCain take over? This could be a problem for us again this season especially the depth.

S - Quin and Manning are locked, but who can show off their skills to play a big role when Quin drops down to corner? Nolan, Keo or Demps?

P - I love me some Hartmann but he is coming off injury AND is suspended the first few games, will Gary and Rick keep him around, what about is Jones has a massive pre-season?

K - Bullock and Graham are in a dead heat, who will prevail?!?!

My biggest concerns, secondary, more so corners, the NT spot and the depth at wide out.

Lots to pay attention to and I am PUMPED!!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing mister Alexander and grimes at rb.

Grimes may not get a lot if time, but I really really like the way he runs the ball. He reminds me if Arian in a few different ways.

3 hours to go. I'm getting anxious and can't concentrate on my invasion of enemy planets in Endless Space.

I have no idea why I'm this ready for a pre-season game, but I am. This game can't start soon enough for me. Hopefully it will be carried on NFLN, so I don't have to watch the crappy coverage on channel 13. What a bunch of losers that local group is.

It looks like we're getting it here in Austin. I'm sure our ABC affiliate (KVUE) is airing it, but I hope NFLN doesn't black Austin out.

Funny, my upper extended cable channels went out yesterday and that includes NFLN. Great timing I thought. Turns out it really was since they came in this morning and replaced a bad splitter (or whatever). Glad this happened yesterday instead of today...lol.

Only 2 1/2 hours to go!!!

Just so everyone knows, Papa Johns Pizza has a buy 1 get 1 free deal today. I put in an order for 2 XL pizzas and I'll be picking them up at 5:00. The deal is for large & X-large only.

It looks like we're getting it here in Austin. I'm sure our ABC affiliate (KVUE) is airing it, but I hope NFLN doesn't black Austin out.

Funny, my upper extended cable channels went out yesterday and that includes NFLN. Great timing I thought. Turns out it really was since they came in this morning and replaced a bad splitter (or whatever). Glad this happened yesterday instead of today...lol.

when that happens in SA i get the games on both channels.

I still can't believe how amped I am for a preseason game.

:hurrah::smiliedance::hurrah:

I think my watch is broke, only 2 mins have passed, though.:foottap:

Texans inactives
34 ILB Omar Gaither
49 ILB Greg Williams
56 ILB Brian Cushing
80 WR Andre Johnson
87 WR Jerrell Jackson
89 WR Bryant Johnson
91 NT Ra’Shon Harris
93 DE Jared Crick
99 DE J.J. Watt

Texans starting lineup changes
Keshawn Martin will start at wide receiver for Andre Johnson. Tim Jamison will start at defensive end for J.J. Watt. Mister Alexander will start at inside linebacker for Brian Cushing.

Panthers inactives
4 WR Rico Wallace
12 WR David Gettis
21 CB Brandon Hogan
52 LB Jon Beason
58 LB Thomas Davis
74 G Mike Pollak
78 G Andre Ramsey

Panthers starting lineup changes
Jason Phillips will start at middle linebacker for Jon Beason.

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/08/11/inactives-lineup-changes-for-texans-panthers/

Guess we're gonna get a good look at Keshawn Martin tonight. If he's as good as we've heard, he'll need the game reps.

A0DSaSdCQAA7s9X.jpg

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
View from press box at Bank of America Stadium. Players warming up

Got the fajitas and ribs ready to grill. Go to NFL network on my tv outside to set it to record and damn! Blacked out in Corpus Christi. You can't tell until you select it to record on dish. Going to have to scramble to look for a stream. KZTV (cbs here) is horrible when it comes to showing the Texans. They play the Cowboys or Denver every chance they get and screw the end of a Texans game or the whole thing altogether. I have complained over and over every year to deaf ears down there. Same bs every time. We have no control over it, corporate does.

Back