Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans @ Panthers Pre-season Gameday Thread

Surprised this hadn't been started yet. It's finally here!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans @ Panthers Pre-season Gameday Thread

I have been waiting for this every since the Ravens playoff game ended... which I still hate to think about.

I'm actually psyched for a preseason game!

I wonder if Joel Myers has brushed up on the Texans player's names this offseason? Another thing, will we actually get REAL HD this time around?

It's on Channel 13 at 6:00 BTW.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #3
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Also on NFLN too
Old 08-11-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #5
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1016 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

FOOTBALL,,,DAMN,,,11-5 should have been last year easy 12-4 if Shaub don`t go down?GO TEXANS
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally. It's here. Man I can't wait to see them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #7
Ruinondd
Veteran

Rep Power: 1260 Ruinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respectedRuinondd is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a little under 10 hours till Texans football! /glee
Ruinondd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-11-2012   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pay attention to Davin Meggett, those of you who can watch the game. He is not getting the praise that Grimes is getting, but when the Texans UDFA class was announced, I (and I want to say a couple other guys agreed) thought he had the better chance to stick on the roster.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I got this off Clutch Fans. A guide to the channels, that will be airing the game.

City........................................ Channel Station.................. (Network)
Houston, Texas.................................13.......... .......... ........ KTRK (ABC)
Alexandria, LA.................................48............. .......... .... WNTZ (FOX)
Austin, Texas................................... 24............................ KVUE (ABC)
Beaumont, Texas............................. 12............................. KBMT (ABC)
Bryan/College Station, Texas............ 6............................. KCEN (NBC)
Corpus Christi, Texas....................... 10............................ KZTV (CBS)
El Paso, Texas................................... 9............................. KTSM (NBC)
Laredo, Texas................................. 39............................. KXOF (FOX)
McAllen, Texas................................ 2.............................. KFXV (FOX)
Midland/Odessa, Texas................... 24............................. KPEJ (FOX)
Nacogdoches/Tyler, Texas............. 56............................. KETK (NBC)
San Antonio, Texas......................... 12............................. KSAT (ABC)
Victoria, Texas............................. 17, 2........................... KMOL (ABC)
Waco/Temple, Texas....................... 6.............................. KCEN (NBC)

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Damn, I forgot to start this.

Next 22-23 games, no slip ups!

That being said...

Let's go Texans!
Old 08-11-2012   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajoker View Post
Also on NFLN too
I don't think we can watch it on NFL Network if they're showing it on 13. Last year, they blacked out that channel and I had to watch it on ABC 13. (I have Directv)

Maybe this year they won't. I hate channel 13. They only want to hear themselves talk and Bob Allan gets on my nerves.
Old 08-11-2012   #12
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I don't think we can watch it on NFL Network if they're showing it on 13. Last year, they blacked out that channel and I had to watch it on ABC 13. (I have Directv)

Maybe this year they won't. I hate channel 13. They only want to hear themselves talk and Bob Allan gets on my nerves.
I live in Corpus so I'm hoping it doesn't get blacked out.
Old 08-11-2012   #13
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajoker View Post
I live in Corpus so I'm hoping it doesn't get blacked out.
You should be fine. I just think they were forcing us locals to watch the local channel.
Old 08-11-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No kidding. The local yocals on channel 13 are horrible. I might turn off the TV sound and listen to audio on the radio.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #15
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not to mention their picture is absolute ****.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #16
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2094 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Ready to see the merca and crick on defense don't really care for the preseason but always like to see the impact rookies and come out the game healthy
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Not to mention their picture is absolute ****.
I hope they broadcast in high def... sometimes ch 13 doesn't show the P/S games in HD
Old 08-11-2012   #18
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Pay attention to Davin Meggett, those of you who can watch the game. He is not getting the praise that Grimes is getting, but when the Texans UDFA class was announced, I (and I want to say a couple other guys agreed) thought he had the better chance to stick on the roster.
I was one of those, I really liked what he did at Maryland and thought he'd be a good system fit. That said, I went to practice last week and Grimes looked better. Maybe game day will prove different.

Shouldn't matter much though. Forsett looks real good so whoever doesn't get cut between the two (Grimes & Meggett) will get practice squaded.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Will be watching Amini Silatolu and Luke Kuechly on their side.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #20
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

So pumped for this game. LOTS to watch for in this one.

QB - We all know Matt is the starter, but how has Yates progressed and how is Case and Beck picking up on the scheme and tempo?

RB - Look for Foster to come out strong and make us all feel good, but pay attention to Tate. I have heard he looks heavy and a little unmotivated, but could be bias from someone I know. How are the younger backs and Forsett coming along? We need some of the younger guys to prove themselves to make Tate possible trade bait in the off-season (or maybe this pre-season??)

WR - We need to see how AJ fares after another minor injury. Walter better get back to his old form of making great catches and moving the chains, how has Martin and Posey progressed? WHat about Jean and Maehl, will they step up this season? Also, pay attention to Holliday, can he make this roster as a wideout and help us on special teams?

TE - Is OD back to old form and who will be his primary back up? Lots of good things about Graham and Casey, which will take the number 2 job?

OL - LOTS of moving pieces here. RG and RT seem to be slightly in the air (RG being more so). Can the rookie over come Caldwell (I hope so!!!)

DL - Our starters are set (but who will take the lead at NT?), our depth leaves much to be desired, will someone step up?

LB - Our deepest position became even more deep with Mercilus, will Barwin or Reed step backwards this season? Who will take the role of ILB next to Cushing this season and will Brians new role be as effective?

CB - After JJo there is a big fat ?. Is Jackson the guy or will Harris or McCain take over? This could be a problem for us again this season especially the depth.

S - Quin and Manning are locked, but who can show off their skills to play a big role when Quin drops down to corner? Nolan, Keo or Demps?

P - I love me some Hartmann but he is coming off injury AND is suspended the first few games, will Gary and Rick keep him around, what about is Jones has a massive pre-season?

K - Bullock and Graham are in a dead heat, who will prevail?!?!

My biggest concerns, secondary, more so corners, the NT spot and the depth at wide out.

Lots to pay attention to and I am PUMPED!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read