Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you want/hope to see Saturday night ?

* Me for one i want to see a crisp clean 1st team offense move the ball down the field with ease. Show some continuity from last season before Schaub went down.

* See a healthy Schaub and AJ that look good.

* See a dominate first team defense.

BUT what i want to see MOST is L. Jean. I think he is #2 by seasons end.
Old 08-09-2012   #2
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you want/hope to see Saturday night ?

No Injuries
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

No injuries first of all. I want players on both teams to come out healthy. I'm actually really interested in seeing Cam Newton again. I think he's a dark horse MVP candidate this year and he certainly troubled our defense last year. It'll be interesting to see how the new o-line does and also Whitney Mercilus.
Old 08-09-2012   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

successful back ups
Old 08-09-2012   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I hope my concerns for the WR position are somewhat alleviated. I hope my concerns for the OL are alleviated. I am looking forward to seeing Tate and Forsett. I am looking forward to watching the kick return team.
Old 08-09-2012   #6
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 31542 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

A winning powerball ticket in my hand. Oh and a Keyshawn Martin clinic would be lovely too.
Old 08-09-2012   #7
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Keshawn proving he's as good as he seems.
Old 08-09-2012   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see :

Forsett and Grimes run the ball.
Martin, trindon returning kicks, Jean, posey, brandon Brooks, ben jones, merci, mister Alexander and louiseau, derrell smith, Garett Grahm, Eddie pleasant, roc Carmichael, Brandon Harris, fangupo, sunny Harris, crick, bullock, Troy Nolan, case Keenum, Yates and Andrew gardener.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Both kickers making a field goal longer than 40 yards.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

1. No injuries, that's a given for all of us.

2. Can this Houston team limit Cam Newton enough to at least not get embarrassed on his opening drive? I mean, seriously, we held Mike Vick in check not too long ago and almost won that game... but guys like VY and Garrard, the guys who run the ball once coverage downfield has drifted far from the LOS, they eat us up. Cam did too. Can we learn, can we hold him back???

3. Keyshawn Martin. Period.

4. LBs. Will Bradie James call the game the way Wade says he can? Will we miss DeMeco not being there? How will Reed and Braman look, because they might have sophomore slumps IMO. Not worried about the other LBs, tbh.

5. Kicking competition. Look, just like there was a couple years ago here, between Rackers and Brown...Kubiak will have us kicking FGs a lot (rather than trying risky plays on long 3rd downs when the ball is already in FG position). He has got to see Graham and Bullock kick a few times each game to get a grasp on their handling of game time kicks from different distances.

6. O-Line. Not worried about Center or left side. How will the right side hold up, and how well can Brooks and Newton perform when we know they're going to be battling the Panthers' own 2nd or 3rd stringers??? Not going to see Brooks and Newton against a team's 1st string defensive line group, folks...so how will those two guys' performance shake out when we know it's against 2nd or 3rd stringers in the first place? Plus, IF they bomb badly against 2nd or 3rd stringers out there...does that cause our sacks to shrivel up a bit? Maybe it does. That's a crucial situation for us, folks. CRUCIAL.

7. QBs. Will Matt even play at least one series? How will TJ do? How will Beck and Keenum perform?

8. RBs. Forsett is getting lots of publicity thus far. Want to see him in a game situation. Grimes too.

9. FB and TEs. Norris-Smith-Casey...hmmmmm.....a mystery to me. Graham, can he deliver like Dreessen did? I dunno. Will have to hope he can.

10. Kubiak. Can he bear to watch his kickers' kicks or will he turn away and watch the replays later on? LOL. Old habits die hard.
Old 08-10-2012   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see one drive where Schaub looks effective, and doesn't look like he's bothered by the foot.

Then I don't want to see him any more.
Old 08-10-2012   #12
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm curious to see how the defensive back battle is going to shake out. I'm guessing we have 5 locks at CB with Joseph, KJ, McCain, Harris, and Roc. McManis, Ball, and Williams are going to fight it out and I want to see who will step up.

At Safety I think we're set but you never know. I think we'll roll with Manning, Glover, Demps, and Nolan. Seems like a no brainer, but Keo was good on special teams when he got his chances. Pleasant seems like an interesting prospect even though he'll have to work on his coverage skils. They'll have to be great to make the 53 man over Demps, who had a very nice year for us last year when he came back.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There are SO many things I want to see Saturday, including a lot of the backups and rooks. The thing that worries me most, is how well the offense is going to play. For some reason, I have no doubt at all the defense will do well, so it's the offense that worries me.

Having said that, now the defense will look horrid and the offense will be going up and down the field all night. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #14
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

All the WR's not named Andre Johnson
The OL
No Injuries

In no particular order.
Old 08-10-2012   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Case Keenum

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see no injuries. I'd like to see a first unit that hasn't missed a beat offensively and defensively. I'd like to see the right side of our Oline pave a good drive for Arian Foster and I'd like to see anyone playing the OLB and MLB (Brooks Reid, Braman, the new guy from the Cowboys) positions vacated by Mario and Demeco take ownership of the position.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got to be honest and admit that what I'd really like to see is some LB of ours smack the snot out of Cam Newton. No injuries. Absolutely do nothing but make the Panthers go "Oooooo, scary! Get him out of there" and then on with the 2nd & 3rd string show.

But of course no injuries is first.

Then all the usual stuff. The first team running smoothly, Keshawn living up to his billing, Forsett having great outing when he comes in. All the usual things.
Old 08-10-2012   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I doubt we see a lot of Panthers blitzes, pass protection will probably not be tested. Conversely, any sacks given up have to be really big red flags. We probably will see weird playcalling where they are trying work on specific elements of the offense rather than attacking the Panthers defens. This will make it interesting trying to figure out what they are working on, and if they are satisfied with the results. I doubt the SOB (son of bum) is going to bust out his blitz packages so any pressure we get on Cam, Pickles, and their other QB will be based on effort and technique, not scheme though. No Crick is a little deflating as he was a rookies I was generally interested in seeing, but I do think we will see a decent amount of Mercilus.
Old 08-10-2012   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be looking to see what kind of jump Yates made in the offseason. Like everyone else I am super excited to see Martin play, I got a good feeling about that kid.

On defense I'm going to key in on Mercilus and I'm also curios to see how Bradie James looks out there.
Old 08-10-2012   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
L. Jean. I think he is #2 by seasons end.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read