Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-09-2012   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Forsett's

Very underrated off season pick-up & could become a Texan fan favorite as you need at least three solid RB's for a run oriented offense. I'm really pumped for him & his wife future here in Houston, wishing them much success & happiness. The former Cal Bear was drafted only four years ago so his best years are still ahead of him. He excels as a one cut runner so should hit the hole with explosive quickness given his smaller size. He also has good pass catching ability with almost 10 1/2 inch hands. I liked Kendall Hunter coming out of Oklahoma State last year & remember some people in pre-season with Gore out 49ers would struggle in ground game. He proved slippery & had a pretty effective rookie season. Forsett has four years NFL experience, is in a better offense & should get plenty of pre-season work as Texans will rest Foster/Tate. Welcome him & Angela Forsett to Houston.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...-happy-ending/

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #2
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Forsett's

I couldn't agree more this has to be the best FA pick up in a good while for the Texans...
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 207976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

When we had Foster/Tate/Ward we had the best 1-2-3 punch in the NFL. If Forsett lives up to his hype, then Foster/Tate/Forsett will become the best 1-2-3 punch in the NFL.

I can live with that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #4
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
I couldn't agree more this has to be the best FA pick up in a good while for the Texans...
He looked good in camp and I'm excited about him too but, he will have to be exceptional to be the best FA pickup...ie. JJo, DMan were just last year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2012   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
He looked good in camp and I'm excited about him too but, he will have to be exceptional to be the best FA pickup...ie. JJo, DMan were just last year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
He would have to outdo Arian Foster to be on JJo's level.

Forsett is a solid pickup, but is not going to have the impact that Manning and Joseph have had since just last year.
Old 08-09-2012   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Bears. Sorry had to be done.

Interesting coaching decisions really affected his life. He was stuck behind Marshawn Lynch for three years in college and only got spot duty. Then Lynch goes in the first round and Forsett exploded beyond what Lynch had done but goes in the 7th. It is like he has always been behind someone the coach thinks should be better - Julius Jones, Edgerrin James. Real interested to see what he can do.
Old 08-09-2012   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I always thought he'd be perfect for the Texans' system, but the weakness in his game is blocking. That (and the fact that he's a highly effective checkdown receiver) is why he's ideal as a 3rd down back.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2012   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I always thought he'd be perfect for the Texans' system, but the weakness in his game is blocking. That (and the fact that he's a highly effective checkdown receiver) is why he's ideal as a 3rd down back.
How would being an ineffective blocker make you into a good third down back?
Old 08-09-2012   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Go Bears. Sorry had to be done.

Interesting coaching decisions really affected his life. He was stuck behind Marshawn Lynch for three years in college and only got spot duty. Then Lynch goes in the first round and Forsett exploded beyond what Lynch had done but goes in the 7th. It is like he has always been behind someone the coach thinks should be better - Julius Jones, Edgerrin James. Real interested to see what he can do.
He's a smurf. I've always liked the guy and I have always believed that he's gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to opportunity. I think at the end of the day, small players just have very little chance to show that they can overcome. You get the occasional smurf that breaks out (Warrick Dunn, MJD, etc), but they have so much to overcome in terms of convincing the coaches. Even MJD, who is the poster child for overcoming Smurf Syndrome, didn't get drafted as highly as he should have, and didn't even get real consideration for ROY, even though he was clearly the best rookie that year.

MJD is a lot thicker than Forsett, too.
Old 08-09-2012   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He's a smurf. I've always liked the guy and I have always believed that he's gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to opportunity. I think at the end of the day, small players just have very little chance to show that they can overcome. You get the occasional smurf that breaks out (Warrick Dunn, MJD, etc), but they have so much to overcome in terms of convincing the coaches. Even MJD, who is the poster child for overcoming Smurf Syndrome, didn't get drafted as highly as he should have, and didn't even get real consideration for ROY, even though he was clearly the best rookie that year.

MJD is a lot thicker than Forsett, too.
I hear the smurf comment. I just have never bought into it for RB. Lower center of gravity is a good thing for a RB. Less visibility is a good thing. The league's leading rusher was a generous 5'10" and one of the prettiest of all time runners was 190 lbs. - Link
Old 08-09-2012   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I hear the smurf comment. I just have never bought into it for RB. Lower center of gravity is a good thing for a RB. Less visibility is a good thing. The league's leading rusher was a generous 5'10" and one of the prettiest of all time runners was 190 lbs. - Link
I agree with you. I just don't think very many coaches do.
Old 08-09-2012   #12
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Forsett's

I am looking forward to seeing what Forsett can do......thought Seattle would keep him....oh well....our gain....
Another quality vet to backup Foster and Tate.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #13
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Forsett's what?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 207976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Forsett's what?
Watt's on defense, Forsett's on offense.

Old 08-09-2012   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Watt's on defense, Forsett's on offense.
Who's on special teams?
Old 08-11-2012   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Bramen & Brothers!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #17
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Who's on special teams?
It's a Holliday for them.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65390 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Sample size.
Old 08-12-2012   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Grimes did better last night. Seems to stay on his feet, balance is good.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

So, are our 3rd string RBs really any good, or is it the O line and blocking scheme? Personally, I kind of think it's both. Looks like another good year for the Texans running game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read