Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Forsett's

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Very underrated off season pick-up & could become a Texan fan favorite as you need at least three solid RB's for a run oriented offense. I'm really pumped for him & his wife future here in Houston, wishing them much success & happiness. The former Cal Bear was drafted only four years ago so his best years are still ahead of him. He excels as a one cut runner so should hit the hole with explosive quickness given his smaller size. He also has good pass catching ability with almost 10 1/2 inch hands. I liked Kendall Hunter coming out of Oklahoma State last year & remember some people in pre-season with Gore out 49ers would struggle in ground game. He proved slippery & had a pretty effective rookie season. Forsett has four years NFL experience, is in a better offense & should get plenty of pre-season work as Texans will rest Foster/Tate. Welcome him & Angela Forsett to Houston.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexan...e-hope-‘new-chapter’-comes-with-happy-ending/

When we had Foster/Tate/Ward we had the best 1-2-3 punch in the NFL. If Forsett lives up to his hype, then Foster/Tate/Forsett will become the best 1-2-3 punch in the NFL.

I can live with that.

I couldn't agree more this has to be the best FA pick up in a good while for the Texans...

He looked good in camp and I'm excited about him too but, he will have to be exceptional to be the best FA pickup...ie. JJo, DMan were just last year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

He looked good in camp and I'm excited about him too but, he will have to be exceptional to be the best FA pickup...ie. JJo, DMan were just last year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

He would have to outdo Arian Foster to be on JJo's level.

Forsett is a solid pickup, but is not going to have the impact that Manning and Joseph have had since just last year.

Go Bears. Sorry had to be done.

Interesting coaching decisions really affected his life. He was stuck behind Marshawn Lynch for three years in college and only got spot duty. Then Lynch goes in the first round and Forsett exploded beyond what Lynch had done but goes in the 7th. It is like he has always been behind someone the coach thinks should be better - Julius Jones, Edgerrin James. Real interested to see what he can do.

I always thought he'd be perfect for the Texans' system, but the weakness in his game is blocking. That (and the fact that he's a highly effective checkdown receiver) is why he's ideal as a 3rd down back.

Go Bears. Sorry had to be done.

Interesting coaching decisions really affected his life. He was stuck behind Marshawn Lynch for three years in college and only got spot duty. Then Lynch goes in the first round and Forsett exploded beyond what Lynch had done but goes in the 7th. It is like he has always been behind someone the coach thinks should be better - Julius Jones, Edgerrin James. Real interested to see what he can do.

He's a smurf. I've always liked the guy and I have always believed that he's gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to opportunity. I think at the end of the day, small players just have very little chance to show that they can overcome. You get the occasional smurf that breaks out (Warrick Dunn, MJD, etc), but they have so much to overcome in terms of convincing the coaches. Even MJD, who is the poster child for overcoming Smurf Syndrome, didn't get drafted as highly as he should have, and didn't even get real consideration for ROY, even though he was clearly the best rookie that year.

MJD is a lot thicker than Forsett, too.

He's a smurf. I've always liked the guy and I have always believed that he's gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to opportunity. I think at the end of the day, small players just have very little chance to show that they can overcome. You get the occasional smurf that breaks out (Warrick Dunn, MJD, etc), but they have so much to overcome in terms of convincing the coaches. Even MJD, who is the poster child for overcoming Smurf Syndrome, didn't get drafted as highly as he should have, and didn't even get real consideration for ROY, even though he was clearly the best rookie that year.

MJD is a lot thicker than Forsett, too.

I hear the smurf comment. I just have never bought into it for RB. Lower center of gravity is a good thing for a RB. Less visibility is a good thing. The league's leading rusher was a generous 5'10" and one of the prettiest of all time runners was 190 lbs. - Link

I hear the smurf comment. I just have never bought into it for RB. Lower center of gravity is a good thing for a RB. Less visibility is a good thing. The league's leading rusher was a generous 5'10" and one of the prettiest of all time runners was 190 lbs. - Link

I agree with you. I just don't think very many coaches do.

I am looking forward to seeing what Forsett can do......thought Seattle would keep him....oh well....our gain....
Another quality vet to backup Foster and Tate.......

So, are our 3rd string RBs really any good, or is it the O line and blocking scheme? Personally, I kind of think it's both. Looks like another good year for the Texans running game. :)

I thought Grimes did better last night. Seems to stay on his feet, balance is good.

Grimes seemed to me to take a few carries to get on track but once he did I was impressed with what he did. He's one of those guys who's always going forward and always looking for a little opening to exploit. I'd like to see him on the practice squad this year. I think he may very well have a future here or somewhere in the NFL.

Forsett and Grimes both looked good to me. Hope, we keep both. One as our #3 RB and other on PS or find a room to keep 4 RB on roster which is less likely to happen. I would like to see at least one of them to become our future #2 RB as Tate likely to be gone(FA) after this season.

Go Texans!!!

Forsett and Grimes both looked good to me. Hope, we keep both. One as our #3 RB and other on PS or find a room to keep 4 RB on roster which is less likely to happen. I would like to see at least one of them to become our future #2 RB as Tate likely to be gone(FA) after this season.

Go Texans!!!

I'm pretty sure that would be after next season, not this one.

I saw what I needed to; he can take a hit. Avg/carry about 5 I think.

Are you talking about Forsett? If so, he averaged 3.6 yards a carry in the first preseason game. The lowest of the five RB's used. Foster was 11.0 (1 carry), Tate averaged 5.4, Grimes 4.1 & Meggett 4.8.

Are you talking about Forsett? If so, he averaged 3.6 yards a carry in the first preseason game. The lowest of the five RB's used. Foster was 11.0 (1 carry), Tate averaged 5.4, Grimes 4.1 & Meggett 4.8.
thanks I've looked everywhere for RB stats.

RB these days are being de valued i cant beleive Foster got a mega deal he got but whatever thats just the state the NFL is in so dont get to attached to rb's .... cause there will be here and gone

I liked Forsett in Seattle two years ago. Saved my fantasy season. Figured he'd be more featured in 2011 but they went with Lynch.

He should do well here, if we ever need him to fill in for a spell since our zone scheme is much more mature than what they ran in Seattle the m last couple of years.

Back