Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #1
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Un-Inspired, Un-Motivated, Heartless Paper Champs of the AFC South

Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs. Scream all you want about being 12-3, it is the most un-inspiring 12-3 I have ever witnessed a football team to be.

You have something to play for and you concede to play in a building you have not won at in 11 years...

absolutely pathetic...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Un-Inspired, Un-Motivated, Heartless Paper Champs of the AFC South

I guess you won't be rooting for this team in the playoffs then, since they are paper champs.

Throw your cards in now then.

The playoffs is a different season. This team can bounce back and learn from this. If they don't it's because of coaching.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #3
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs. Scream all you want about being 12-3, it is the most un-inspiring 12-3 I have ever witnessed a football team to be.

You have something to play for and you concede to play in a building you have not won at in 11 years...

absolutely pathetic...
It's only four years in the new stadium, but I get your point.
Old 12-23-2012   #4
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

1st game I have ever left early .

Pathetic doesn't even come close to describing this.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 12-23-2012   #5
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
It's only four years in the new stadium, but I get your point.
My bad should have said city...

Old 12-23-2012   #6
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I guess you won't be rooting for this team in the playoffs then, since they are paper champs.

Throw your cards in now then.

The playoffs is a different season. This team can bounce back and learn from this. If they don't it's because of coaching.
Oh I'll will cheer because I am a glutton for punishment but nothing, absolutely nothing the last 6 weeks has shown this team plays like a #1 seed. If you think they have, then you are simply in denial....

Old 12-23-2012   #7
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

When HOU loses they really know how to demonstrate a sense of Patheticness only matched by the coyote vs the roadrunner.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2012   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My bad should have said city...
Uhh we were at home
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh I'll will cheer because I am a glutton for punishment but nothing, absolutely nothing the last 6 weeks has shown this team plays like a #1 seed. If you think they have, then you are simply in denial....
Maybe they aren't, but they still have a great shot. They'll have homefield advantage throughout the post season with a win next week and they'll have a first round bye. I like those odds for starters.

You seem to forget the Giants and how they stumbled into the playoffs two times and won it both times, because they turned it on when it counted. THe Texans can as well, but that will be on Kubiak to make that happen as the coach. That is where I have my doubts. I don't think that Kubiak can get this team playing with that chip on their shoulder. The team itself might be able to do that without the motivation from their HC though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #10
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Uhh we were at home
Uhhh I am talking about going on the road and beating the Colts who in 11 years the Texans have NEVER beat the Colts in Indy, that is including having Dan Orlovsky at QB for the Colts...

keep up son...

Old 12-23-2012   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Who said anything about stopping rooting? You people never seem to recognize that REALITY is reality, and you can recognize it and yet STILL root for your team. I rooted for the Texans when they were 2-14 and never had any delusions they were anything but a crappy team. I root for this team, but I'm capable of recognizing their shortcomings.

STRAW MAN ARGUMENT
Old 12-23-2012   #12
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe they aren't, but they still have a great shot. They'll have homefield advantage throughout the post season with a win next week and they'll have a first round bye. I like those odds for starters.

You seem to forget the Giants and how they stumbled into the playoffs two times and won it both times, because they turned it on when it counted. THe Texans can as well, but that will be on Kubiak to make that happen as the coach. That is where I have my doubts. I don't think that Kubiak can get this team playing with that chip on their shoulder. The team itself might be able to do that without the motivation from their HC though.
The fact you just tried to compare THIS team to the Giants is beyond laughable. I am sorry but the odds are stacked against them going into Indy at beating the Colts, which they have not done in 11 years...

Old 12-23-2012   #13
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts game next week will be meaningless for the Colts. They win in KC and their spot is secured.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uhhh I am talking about going on the road and beating the Colts who in 11 years the Texans have NEVER beat the Colts in Indy, that is including having Dan Orlovsky at QB for the Colts...

keep up son...
Oh please. Colts are not a problem and Luck is not Manning
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #15
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Colts game next week will be meaningless for the Colts. They win in KC and their spot is secured.
Their coach comes back next week. They will be out to win for him.

They will play inspired and I'm not sure if the Texans will.
Old 12-23-2012   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Oh please. Colts are not a problem and Luck is not Manning
Yup and Ponder is not Farve, wouldn't have known that from today's game...

Have you not seen how Luck plays at home? Keep telling yourself what ever you need to stay in denial, this team is headed in a downward spiral straight into the playoffs with no coming out of it in sight...

Old 12-23-2012   #17
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The fact you just tried to compare THIS team to the Giants is beyond laughable. I am sorry but the odds are stacked against them going into Indy at beating the Colts, which they have not done in 11 years...
Giants also have Eli. Texans have Sloth.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #18
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Actually, your post was more like an opinion.
but a very accurate opinion none the less...

Old 12-23-2012   #19
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but a very accurate opinion none the less...
Not really. If they win next week, they'll be the #1 seed. Right there, your first sentence is inaccurate.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

The playoffs are going to be very ugly.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read