Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-06-2012   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian as the number 3 rated back in Madden 13

3. Arian Foster, Houston Texans: 96 overall
Combine top-tier speed and acceleration with one of the best trucking numbers in the game and Arian Foster will be a load to tackle in “Madden 13.” Not many backs have the option to either run by you or run you over, and Foster is among the best at both.

For the rest of the top 10
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...s-in-madden-13
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian as the number 3 rated back in Madden 13

That list seems pretty good to me for Madden. I think with what MJD has done in Jax he deserves credit/recognition. And Peterson is certainly an amazing RB

The difference between a 96 and 97 isn't enough to get jumpy about either
Old 08-06-2012   #3
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson's and MJD's slightly better ratings are thrown out the window considering the teams they're on.

There's gonna be a lot of people bandwagoning the Texans this year on Madden 13.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #4
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Team overall rating blows tho
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91487 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Well MJD is debatable, but I think Foster has definitely been a better back than Peterson the last two seasons. I won't call Peterson overrated by any means, but he has not been nearly the same type of dominant back he was several years ago. Now if Peterson is at his best, I think he is better than anyone, but I don't think we'll ever see that version of Peterson ever again. It only lasted for like a 3 year stretch.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #6
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Team overall rating blows tho
Wow just saw that. According to them the Jets are a better team than us. And ow are we rated 10 points lower than last year.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well MJD is debatable, but I think Foster has definitely been a better back than Peterson the last two seasons. I won't call Peterson overrated by any means, but he has not been nearly the same type of dominant back he was several years ago. Now if Peterson is at his best, I think he is better than anyone, but I don't think we'll ever see that version of Peterson ever again. It only lasted for like a 3 year stretch.
I agree with you Tex. I also believe Arian will have a longer career than AP. Don't get me wrong, AP is one hell of a RB but I think his running style will take it's toll much sooner than Arian's who glides and glances off blow up tackles. Kinda ties into the thread about Earl.

But dadgum, I sure relished watching #34 just clean defender's clocks. Just another aspect of "Poetry in Motion". A different poem I guess.

MSR

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.

Last edited by drs23; 08-06-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: last line
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2012   #8
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Didn't feel like making another Madden thread, but here's the complete QB ratings.
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...-madden-nfl-13

TEAM First Name Last Name Overall Speed Awareness Throw Power Deep Accuracy
Texans Matt Schaub 89 62 88 88 78
Texans T.J. Yates 74 61 67 86 76
Texans John Beck 70 65 74 77 55
Texans Case Keenum 64 70 53 81 59

Not sure how Schaub, Beck, AND Keenum has better speed than Yates.
Old 08-06-2012   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
Didn't feel like making another Madden thread, but here's the complete QB ratings.

Because the majority of stats in Madden are completely arbitrary and chosen seemingly at random to give the player the OVR rating that the Madden devs want him to have. They've admitted to fudging awareness ratings to hold a player's OVR rating lower than it would realistically be and I'm sure that for players who don't have exceptional talent in a specific area, they will fudge other stats as well.

See Schaub's AWR rating being in the same region as Flacco.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post

I read it as Keenum being the fastest of the four with 70 SPD
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #11
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I read it as Keenum being the fastest of the four with 70 SPD
Funny considering he tore his ACL not to long ago at UH IIRC.
Old 08-07-2012   #12
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Wow just saw that. According to them the Jets are a better team than us. And ow are we rated 10 points lower than last year.
where do you see this?

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #13
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
where do you see this?
Just look up madden 13 team ratings on google. We are a 78 I think.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Just look up madden 13 team ratings on google. We are a 78 I think.

We were an 86 towards the end of last year, how did we get that much worse?
Old 08-07-2012   #15
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason this happens every year on Madden. Texans are like 10 ovr all points lower than the previous season and then climb up slowly through the year.

I'm guessing it's because Winston and Williams are gone. Both players were rated very highly. Demeco leaving shouldnt hurt the ratings too bad. Bradie James was only 2 points lower in Madden '12
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012   #16
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.vgstrategy.com/madden-13-team-ratings/
Most of the teams are really low. Packers the highest @ 86.
Old 08-07-2012   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Yeah in comparison to the rest of the teams the Texans rating isn't that bad.
Old 08-07-2012   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster has speed, toughness, vision, hands, patience, vision, speed, hands........he is so the #1 back in the NFL.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #19
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yeah in comparison to the rest of the teams the Texans rating isn't that bad.
Looks like they brought all the ratings down, though if you look at the QB ratings some of those guys are reallly high. Which means somewhere they're compensating on those teams.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Those ratings are suspect.

Saints, redskins and texans all 78 overall while the jets are 79 overall.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read