Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jerry Jones cried after losing to Texans in 2002

There is tons of trash talk between the fan bases, but you would be really hard-pressed to ever top this one. Your Houston Texans have made Jerry Jones cry. David Carr, of all people, made Jerry Jones cry. Hopefully, this puts some pep in your step for the rest of the day.

From the article, this seemed worth highlighting for those too lazy to click.

:kingkong:

It doesn't matter, cowgirl fans will still bring up the SB wins. They'll be doing that fifty years from now if they're still stuck on five or have five more. Only way to shut them up is to win more.

You don't need to dwell on ancient history because FYI the Texans won
their division and a playoff game last year while Dallas failed to make the playoffs after finishing third in their division.

No shame in crying Jeramiah. I too cried after we laid waste to your sorry ass team like Ron Jeremy would lay waste to an apple pie on the other side of a glory hole.

Of all people Jerry should understand that there's no sense in crying over spilt glory hole....

Ewwww, mental picture is just too wrong to continue

Last edited:
How come you guys are being so mean and hurtful to ole Jerry ? You seem to enjoy bullying him, now is that really nice ? He's an old guy you know ?

The dude gets better with age.
k_hahaurgay-2.gif

I cant wait to let my die hard crybaby Cowgirl fan Uncle's see this.

How come you guys are being so mean and hurtful to ole Jerry ? You seem to enjoy bullying him, now is that really nice ? He's an old guy you know ?

Ok want me to say something nice about Jerry?

If Jerry Jones and Bud Adams were both on fire I would whip it out and tinkle on Jerry, but not on Bud.

Señor Stan;1990508 said:
texans90802crq5.gif

best wallpaper I ever had. Sported this for at least 3 years...

I think it was Chester Pitts last week that said what Gary Walker yelled right there was "We just ruined your season!"

It doesn't matter, cowgirl fans will still bring up the SB wins...

My 12 yr old nephew told me this weekend he was a Cowboy's fan. I told himhe should be a Texan's fan. He asked how many Super Bowls do they have.

I asked how many did you see?

He said none, I wasn't alive for any of them.

I rest my case.

My 12 yr old nephew told me this weekend he was a Cowboy's fan. I told himhe should be a Texan's fan. He asked how many Super Bowls do they have.

I asked how many did you see?

He said none, I wasn't alive for any of them.

I rest my case.

I agree, but cowgirl fans will still boast about the rings. They're like the hero in Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" don't ya know?

Say what you want about Jerry Jones in this scenario, but if this is true I have more respect for the man, because that shows passion. Maybe the old man has to much passion and arrogance at times, but if he really cried that showed how much his team's success means to him not only for his ambition, but also to have the best team in Texas. I only wish I felt the confidence that Bob felt that same way. I think Bob is a classy guy and a really good man, but I don't have the confidence that Bob has that kind of passion for the sport of football. I know that some people in here love the guy and I understand that, but I want to see Bob show a little more grit and passion for winning. Maybe he has it, and I'm not saying that it isn't existent, but I want him to push it out there publicly so I can feel it. If he did, I'd be really proud.

I agree, but cowgirl fans will still boast about the rings. They're like the hero in Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" don't ya know?

This will fall on deaf ears but it is a lot more than the 5 rings + 3 other appearances. From 1966 thru 1985 they missed the playoffs twice neither time with a losing record. Then they rebuilt and went on an 8 playoff in 9 year stretch. 34 years with 6 losing seasons. In our coexistence they have been to the playoffs 4 times and we have 1. Jacking with Cowboy fans seems like asking for what you get until we can build some at least 5 year time period of better success.

Say what you want about Jerry Jones in this scenario, but if this is true I have more respect for the man, because that shows passion. Maybe the old man has to much passion and arrogance at times, but if he really cried that showed how much his team's success means to him not only for his ambition, but also to have the best team in Texas. I only wish I felt the confidence that Bob felt that same way. I think Bob is a classy guy and a really good man, but I don't have the confidence that Bob has that kind of passion for the sport of football. I know that some people in here love the guy and I understand that, but I want to see Bob show a little more grit and passion for winning. Maybe he has it, and I'm not saying that it isn't existent, but I want him to push it out there publicly so I can feel it. If he did, I'd be really proud.
The only issue I really have regarding Jerry Jones, and it's really any owner, is the tendency to get overly involved. If you hire someone to do a job, you don't interfere with what they're trying to do. If you feel you have to interfere and cause problems, then you should just fire the person rather than cause drama. I know, he's the owner of the team, he's entitled to blah blah blah. But the distraction can be among the worst things for a team to deal with.

I'll much prefer an owner who, if he has disagreements with the coaching staff, keeps it out of the public eye, and runs his team from behind the scene.

The only issue I really have regarding Jerry Jones, and it's really any owner, is the tendency to get overly involved. If you hire someone to do a job, you don't interfere with what they're trying to do. If you feel you have to interfere and cause problems, then you should just fire the person rather than cause drama. I know, he's the owner of the team, he's entitled to blah blah blah. But the distraction can be among the worst things for a team to deal with.

I'll much prefer an owner who, if he has disagreements with the coaching staff, keeps it out of the public eye, and runs his team from behind the scene.

Couldn't agree more. :fingergun:

This will fall on deaf ears but it is a lot more than the 5 rings + 3 other appearances. From 1966 thru 1985 they missed the playoffs twice neither time with a losing record. Then they rebuilt and went on an 8 playoff in 9 year stretch. 34 years with 6 losing seasons. In our coexistence they have been to the playoffs 4 times and we have 1. Jacking with Cowboy fans seems like asking for what you get until we can build some at least 5 year time period of better success.

What was that? Uhh? Can't quite make it out.

Right...but the only way to fairly compare the 2 is to compare the body of work over the last 10 years. Neither team has made the SB in the past 10 years. In fact, the 5 rings don't mean anything during that time. At best, the cowboys were marginally better than the Texans over the pat 10 years...but that's about to change.

First off, I'm not disagreeing with you. That's what I want the owner of my team to do.

But Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys so that he could be a "real" football guy. He's like Al Davis without the football credentials. He's not just the owner, he's the general manager. He hasn't hired a real GM because he enjoys being a general manager. He really believes, and has said on several occasions, that he could be a damned fine football coach. And he wants to hire coaches who are going to listen to him, pay attention to his advice, and do what he says because that's why he bought the team.

His purpose in owning the Dallas Cowboys isn't really to put together the best group of professionals to go out and win Super Bowls, his purpose is to play Madden in real life. This is his way of playing fantasy football.

And I don't really have a problem with that. If you've got the money to throw around like that, rock on.

First off, I'm not disagreeing with you. That's what I want the owner of my team to do.

But Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys so that he could be a "real" football guy. He's like Al Davis without the football credentials. He's not just the owner, he's the general manager. He hasn't hired a real GM because he enjoys being a general manager. He really believes, and has said on several occasions, that he could be a damned fine football coach. And he wants to hire coaches who are going to listen to him, pay attention to his advice, and do what he says because that's why he bought the team.

His purpose in owning the Dallas Cowboys isn't really to put together the best group of professionals to go out and win Super Bowls, his purpose is to play Madden in real life. This is his way of playing fantasy football.

And I don't really have a problem with that. If you've got the money to throw around like that, rock on.

Well what's fine and dandy isn't always what's most prudent either.

Once the guy fired Jimmy Johnson, it was over. And has been ever since.

Now Jerry is trying to stubbornly prove that he (Jerry) knows football enough to run things with a puppet coach at the helm.

If this mentality means the Cowboys struggle every season for a long time, then I'm fine with it. Their fans have to wonder, though.

Well what's fine and dandy isn't always what's most prudent either.

Once the guy fired Jimmy Johnson, it was over. And has been ever since.

Now Jerry is trying to stubbornly prove that he (Jerry) knows football enough to run things with a puppet coach at the helm.

If this mentality means the Cowboys struggle every season for a long time, then I'm fine with it. Their fans have to wonder, though.

That was my point.

Jerry Jones doesn't care about the fans or about putting the best possible football team on the field. He just wants to run things and have his fingers in every aspect of the team.

If you're wanting a team to be successful, that's a crap way of going about it.

I'm glad I'm not a Cowboy fan because I expect Jones to be like Al Davis, with his team getting further and further removed from the realities of the NFL as time goes on.

This brings up an interesting position for me as a Texans fan. While I don't care for Jerry Jones, I certainly don't hate him or anything. But I hate the Cowboys team more than any other team in the NFL, including the Titans. With the Titans, it's the opposite, I don't really hate the team (other than them being a division rival), but I do hate and loathe their owner.

I'm not every sure why I'm even mentioning this. LOL

I think also another reason Jerry cried in 2002 was due to the fact that it was before all of his face tightening plastic surgery occurred.

I mean, the dude right now couldn't squeeze out a tear from that Skeletor face even if he wanted to.

:burrrrrrrnnnn:

I have never really thought about it like that with Jerry Jones. It makes a lot of sense. It's pretty cool if you think about it.

I have never really thought about it like that with Jerry Jones. It makes a lot of sense. It's pretty cool if you think about it.

If I had that kind of money, I'd probably do the same thing. That would be awesome... for me. For everyone else associated with the team and the fans, it would suck pretty bad unless I actually turned out to be good at it or got lucky.

Back