Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 08-05-2012   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andy Reid's son found dead at Eagle's training camp

Just saw on NFL Network. They're saying he was at camp with his dad and they found him dead in his room this morning. He was 29 years old. That's all the details I have now. Sorry for not having a link.
Old 08-05-2012   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andy Reid's son found dead at Eagle's training camp

Wow, RIP - Link
Old 08-05-2012   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wow, RIP - Link
Thanks for the link Icak. With his past history of drug addiction, I wonder if he relapsed? 29 is so young.

Prayers to the Reid family.
Old 08-05-2012   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Thanks for the link Icak. With his past history of drug addiction, I wonder if he relapsed? 29 is so young.

Prayers to the Reid family.
ESPN sure seems to be implying that
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...ia-eagles-camp

Quote:
Edward Schupp, Chief of Police at Lehigh, said a 911 call was made at 7:20 a.m. Schupp said Garrett Reid, 29, was deceased upon a policeman's arrival at the campus dormitory. Schupp added "there were no suspicious activities."

At the time of his sentencing, Garrett Reid said, "I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'd and just faded into oblivion."
RIP
Old 08-05-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Reid family. Having your child predecease you is every parent's nightmare.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
My thoughts and prayers go out to the Reid family. Having your child predecease you is every parent's nightmare.
This.

Well said and echos my thoughts.
Old 08-05-2012   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I feel so bad for the Reid family. I always hated when people on the internet and on shows like ESPN would openly criticize Andy Reid as a parent and as a man for his son's actions. I grew up with a lot of kids that had great parents, but some kids are just rotten to the core until they finally decide to grow up and some never do. Sometimes the best of parents have no control over certain kids after while.

I don't know what the case was with Reid's kid and what their family dynamic was like. Being a coach does keep you away from your family a lot though. Reid did take a leave of absence a few years back just to deal with one of his son's problems. I'm guessing this is the same kid. That has got to be awful if this happened on the team's headquarters. That will be hard to return to every day, especially right before the season starts. HOrrible news to read about all together. Prayers go out to the Reid family.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2012   #8
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Man, I feel so bad for the Reid family. I always hated when people on the internet and on shows like ESPN would openly criticize Andy Reid as a parent and as a man for his son's actions. I grew up with a lot of kids that had great parents, but some kids are just rotten to the core until they finally decide to grow up and some never do. Sometimes the best of parents have no control over certain kids after while.

I don't know what the case was with Reid's kid and what their family dynamic was like. Being a coach does keep you away from your family a lot though. Reid did take a leave of absence a few years back just to deal with one of his son's problems. I'm guessing this is the same kid. That has got to be awful if this happened on the team's headquarters. That will be hard to return to every day, especially right before the season starts. HOrrible news to read about all together. Prayers go out to the Reid family.
Well said Tex! Nothing really more to add to this except RIP Garrett Reid.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Very sad news indeed. Prayers extended to the Reid family and all who are affected by this tragedy.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

What a nightmare to have to go through. I hope the younger brother wises up after this.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249737 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andy Reid's son found dead

Coroner: Garrett Reid, son of Eagles coach Andy Reid, died from accidental heroin overdose
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Least shocking news of the year.
Old 10-19-2012   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

This is something that probably should have been kept quiet. I understand the death was under investigation, but it seems kind of wrong to make this info public.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
This is something that probably should have been kept quiet. I understand the death was under investigation, but it seems kind of wrong to make this info public.
I feel for Andy Reid. He's already on the ropes & this "scoop" will probably weigh in on the F.O.'s decision.

I hope they at least allow him the dignity to retire, or step away from football "on his own terms."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read