Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-08-2012   #21
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OMG I need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
what is twin peaks?
a bar basically
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
a bar basically
Where the drinks cost a little more but it's always nice and cool, the lights aren't too bright and oh yeah, there's jiggly stuff to look at.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

NOT THE BREAST OF FRIENDS
Breastaurant wars: Hooters sues Twin Peaks and Houston's the boob battleground

That's all you need to know, LOL!

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsde...b-battlefield/
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #24
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Old 08-09-2012   #25
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Speaking of Hooters, last time I was in Houston (6-10 Oct 2011), ate at Hooters on SW Parkway with a friend. There wasn't much to look at, the service wasn't all that great, and the food wasn't really worth mentioning either.

It wasn't the worst experience ever, but there really wasn't a reason to go back either.

So if you usually go to one for wings and eye candy, unless something's changed in the past 9-10 months, don't bother with that location.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012   #26
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey all you need to do is stand on the side of Kirby right outside the hotel and at 7 I will pick you your wife your cooler your pet bull up and wisk you right into the blue crew.where The liquor flows and the piniatta blows but we all root for the Texans.
Old 08-16-2012   #27
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the ride offers. I will let you guys know what we plan on doing the morning of as it gets closer, any other ideas around the city for Saturday??
Old 08-16-2012   #28
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

You are more than welcome for a free ride, free food, and free beverages. We have a nice set up, not as big and as elaborate as some of the others, but a nice time with great friend and family. I guess some people that blast me don't read posts like this one..........
Old 08-16-2012   #29
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I will feel weird just walking up to people to tailgate but I will it you think its ok...
amazing80, I've just walked up and introduced myself as "rickyb" from the Texans Talk MB. Works great. An invitation ahead of time is all the better. And it looks like you have those, too. You are going to have a GREAT TIME. I mean GREAT. Everyone is so dang cool.

As for Saturday... for food, I recommend: a) The Buffalo Grill for breakfast. Get the peppered bacon with whatever. b) For dinner, hit Pappas Steakhouse or Pappadeaux for cajun seafood, or Pappasitos for Mexican. The Steakhouse is pricey, but is phenomenal. Hit Shipley Donuts on Sunday morning before the tailgate.

Have fun!
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012   #30
amazing80
Site Contributor

thinking about hitting up the Rainforest Pyramid, is that legit? Would it be cool for me and my wife (25 years old) or is it lame?
Old 09-06-2012   #31
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Rainforest what?
Ok whatever floats your boat
Old 09-09-2012   #32
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Rainforest what?
Ok whatever floats your boat
lol I dont know what to do there???? so far I have places to eat but no activities.....I would love for a Reliant tour, but apparently they only do them certain days.
Old 09-30-2012   #33
amazing80
Site Contributor

few weeks to go, SO PUMPED
Old 10-01-2012   #34
nate4l1f3
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 nate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respectednate4l1f3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
few weeks to go, SO PUMPED
I see you're young, do you guys plan on going out for drinks saturday night?? maybe a bar/club??
nate4l1f3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thinking about hitting up the Rainforest Pyramid, is that legit? Would it be cool for me and my wife (25 years old) or is it lame?
I think the Galveston Pleasure Pier might be more fun, but Moody Gardens(Pyramid) is nice too.

(Note Galveston is about 45 minute drive south.)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #36
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate4l1f3 View Post
I see you're young, do you guys plan on going out for drinks saturday night?? maybe a bar/club??
not really into the whole "club" scene, were more of a hole in the wall type bar, we live in the sticks and love the quiet bar scene......lol lame I know

and my wife is not big on rides, she is kind of boring

but she LOVES the Texans and thats all that matters haha
Old 10-06-2012   #37
amazing80
Site Contributor

also, is there a way to find out where the players will be signing autographs? Do they even do this on Saturdays before a Sunday afternoon game??? I know they do it during the week at different locations, but is there a site or something that lists dates and locations?
Old 10-16-2012   #38
amazing80
Site Contributor

Im gonan be there in a few days, SO EXCITED. I sent a message to orangelotpole8 but got no response, anyone else cool if we drop by there tailgate, if so how do we get there from Holiday Inn Reliant????
Old 10-16-2012   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 232779 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday...d-parking.html

I'm sure some of these tailgaters will chime in as the game approaches, above is the parking lots map link.

You'll be close enough to walk, due South on Kirby Drive about ⅓ mile and you're right there.

Papadeaux's Seafood Kitchen and Pappasito's Cantina are both good seafood & Mexican restaurants nearby -- just South off 610 South Loop -- and both "safe" for crowd & food. A bit pricey, but they deliver. There's a Joe's Crab Shack right there, too.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012   #40
texanprincess
Rookie

Section: 326
Rep Power: 0 texanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanprincess is a quality contributor and well respected

Space Center Houston followed by sunset stroll, shopping & dinner in Kemah for Saturday. Much better than Galveston Pleasure Pier and Moody Gardens Pyramids in my opinion. If you're remotely interested in the Space stuff, you won't regret it, and Kemah is right around the corner...I recommend Willie G's for dinner.
texanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read