Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keshawn Martin stepping up in wide-open WR group

We may have found a winner in Key Mart...

Keshawn Martin stepping up in wide-open WR group

“I think he’s showing that he’s capable of doing it,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. “There are some growing pains, there are some things that he’s got to go through, but he’s very professional in his approach. Doesn’t say a word, just works, and he’s going against J-Joe (Pro Bowl cornerback Jonathan Joseph) every day. That’ll make you good real quick.”
“He’s got great speed,” Kubiak said. “I think what you could see is he can catch some little ones and turn them into real big ones. That’s what you look for in the pass game. You don’t have time to sit back there and wait on things to get way down the field, but if you can throw a slant, a guy can make somebody miss and go to the house, that’s what you want.”
“He’s a tremendous worker,” Matt Schaub said on Friday. “He’s done a great job just picking things up. You don’t see a lot of mental errors out of him. He really understands his role, really listens and takes in all the information he can. You can really see him working, and he just makes plays. He creates a lot of separation from corners to give you a chance to make a throw where he can catch it and make something happen. We like the potential he brings.”
“I think he’s playing well,” Johnson said. “He just took advantage of an opportunity. He’s made a lot of plays, and, you know, he doesn’t say anything. I thought I was quiet – he’s quieter than me. I always ask him how he’s feeling, is he alright. He just is quiet, just goes out there and plays, and he’s been having a great camp so far.

“I never thought I’d see anybody that was less talkative than me, but he really doesn’t say anything. He comes in in the morning, he might give you a head nod and keep it moving. But he plays well, man. He’s been doing a great job.”

read the complete article from Nick Scurfield: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-5162c9bda774
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012   #2
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keshawn Martin stepping up in wide-open WR group

Quote:
I never thought Id see anybody that was less talkative than me, but he really doesnt say anything...
That's funny.

The rest is good news.
Old 08-04-2012   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think he's gonna turn out to be great one day. Hopefully he can contribute right away this year.
Old 08-04-2012   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the big catch Martin made downfield against McCain today (courtesy of Bullpen Andy).

http://www.texansbullpen.com/12photo...s/DSC_0113.JPG
Old 08-04-2012   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think he's gonna turn out to be great one day. Hopefully he can contribute right away this year.
Perhaps he will contribute right away as a KR. I know he made some nice grabs today. I think it was he who caught a slant in front of Mercilus, kicked it into overdrive and went to the house
Left Mercilus in the dust shaking his head..
.....or was that Forsett?

:o)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012   #6
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i really like this guy's potential... i think he's gonna make some serious noise out of the slot starting this year.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He will contribute as a KR/PR and as a slot guy.

I have a feeling that he will turn out to be a better WR than Posey in the long run.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2012   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He will contribute as a KR/PR and as a slot guy.

I have a feeling that he will turn out to be a better WR than Posey in the long run.
I think he has a clearler path immediate playing time than any of the young WRs, since he is short area slot guy and PR. Just a different skill set than Posey, jean, jerrell, etc.
Old 08-05-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive wanted Andre to take less snaps/gm in the regular season for a while now.

I know how important he is, but I'd like to see him get a few more plays off. Use some of these young bodies if they're going to be taking up roster spots.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ive wanted Andre to take less snaps/gm in the regular season for a while now.

I know how important he is, but I'd like to see him get a few more plays off. Use some of these young bodies if they're going to be taking up roster spots.
The thing is, the defense called changes drastically depending on AJ being on the field. We need AJ out there.

And, I wouldn't want to be the guy to tell AJ to come off the field. We all saw him spit up blood and then finish the game.
Old 08-06-2012   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

We need for this guy to step up because I'm hearing the other rookie WR we drafted is dropping a lot of balls ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait for the 1st preseason game to get a look at this young man!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
We need for this guy to step up because I'm hearing the other rookie WR we drafted is dropping a lot of balls ?
I believe that was in the OTAs. From what I've heard since TC started, Posey is looking good, making big plays, and in much better shape than he was when the OTA's started.

Remember that Posey had missed most of last season because of some silly NCAA suspensions and although he'd worked out with the team, he hadn't been able to get nearly as much work as he should have.

I can't wait to see the guys on the field.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I can't wait for the 1st preseason game to get a look at this young man!!
Yeah, next Saturday can't get here soon enough!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
The thing is, the defense called changes drastically depending on AJ being on the field. We need AJ out there.

And, I wouldn't want to be the guy to tell AJ to come off the field. We all saw him spit up blood and then finish the game.
I understand that, but he takes breaks occasionally anyways.

And the defensive calls don't really concern me as much as our ability to move the ball. We should be able to do that for a few plays a game without Andre.

Again, I'm not saying whole series. I'm saying a few more plays/gm.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He took a lot of time off last year. It's A.J. He's rested for life now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Encouraging to hear this.

This team NEEDS one of these rooks to step right in and make an impact at WR.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #19
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 30419 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak today on Martin:

Quote:
(on WR Keshawn Martin) What hes done is just be very consistent. Hes a talented young man. Hes the one guy out of the rookies that has acted like a pro from the get-go, handling himself mentally, physically and can run all day. This thing doesnt look too big for him and thats a great sign for our team.

(on if WR Keshawn Martin will play much on Saturday night) Hell play a great deal.

(on if WR Keshawn Martin will return any kicks or punts) I dont know how Im going to do that. I know he can do it. I know hes going to be very good doing it. I need to really find out what Trindon (Holliday) is all about through all these injuries hes had the last couple of years. If that means Ill have Trindon do it, I dont know. Ill decide tomorrow.

(on what WR Keshawn Martin has done to get better every day) Just what we do. You coach him on something one time and its fixed. Hes a really sharp kid and professional in the meeting room. He comes from the meeting room to the field with retention. His effort is excellent and the fact that his conditioning is where he can go all day. Hes a very quiet kid. Hes just all business and thats what pro football is all about. Youve got to be all business and do your job.

(on if WR Keshawn Martin is playing out and in) Im keeping him out right now. Hell be able to do both.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-f442ceb9c47b

Keshawn Martin could very well make himself a star in this league. It sounds like he's blowing all the other rookie WRs away (including Lestar Jean).
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is in LOVE with Keyshawn Martin.

I know Kubiak praises guys, but he seriously has a man crush for Martin.

Keyshawn might become WR2 verrrry quickly if preseason matches what we're hearing about him in camp thus far. Sounds like he is very Andre Johnson'ish in the sense that he (a) listens, (b) does the things that are taught in the meetings, and (c) corrects things immediately. 100% professional.

Physical skills + Head-in-the-game mentality = Texans' best WR prospect.

Cannot wait to see this guy play Saturday night's game!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read