Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-02-2012   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bad timeing. I contacted jj yesterday!

I*am*writing*this*to*thank*you.*I*met*you*at*D.Rya ns*bowling*event.*I*got*to*meet*you*and*I*told*you
I*support*your*foundation.*You*smiled*and*gave*me* your*dbwh*wristband.*I*had*to*leave*the*event
because*my*great*grandmother*who*is*turning*104*in *september.*She*was*taken*to*the*hospital.*She
nearly*passed*but*she*was*more*worried*about*my*fa mily.*She*saw*my*wristband*and*she*saw*the*words
dream*big.*She*really*started*to*live*to*your*word s*on*the*wristband*I*told*her*how*I*got*it*and*she
smiled*knowing*I\'m*a*giant*texans*fan.*She*starte d*working*on*getting*back*on*her*feet.*She*never
saw*work*hard.*She*finally*saw*it*when*she*was*wor king*to*walk*agin.*Which*is*amazing*to*me.*She*is
a*month*away*from*being*104*and*she*is*now*walking *using*a*walker.*Her*dream*was*to*live..*And*she
worked*hard*and*she*made*it.*She*told*me*the*wrist bands*the*truth*and*to*dream*big*and*work*hard*and
laughed*so*I*decided*on*new*years*a*week*after*she *got*home*from*the*hospital*she*was*in*there*from
sept*tell*December.**That*I*am*going*to*lose*weigh t*I*met*you*when*I*was*17*and*on*new*years*I*was
268*pounds*I*am*now*227*pounds.*I*am*still*wearing *the*same*bracelet*since*I*met*you*and*if*it*was
of*my*wrist*it*was*not*far*from*me.*I*am*going*to* make*a*case*and*retire*the*wristband*soon*I*don\'t
want*it*to*break.*I*am*going*to*print*the*picture* of*me*with*you*at*the*event.*You*are*a*inspiration
to*people*you*don\'t*even*know.*My*grandmother*nev er*heard*of*you,*but*your*wristband*alone*gave*my
great*grandmother*hope.**I*plan*on*buying*another* wristband*soon*most*likely*all*colors.*You
inspired*me*to*push*to*my*dreams*
I*know*Training*camp*has*started*but*I*hope*you*re ad*this.*I*wish*you*the*best*and*I*know*you*will*

So..*Continue*to*dream*big*and*work*hard*and*I*wil l*promiss*I*will*and*a*lot*of*people*you*never
meet*are*going*to*do*the*same

Your*friend,
Brandon*Lange....

This morning I got a reply from jj watts mother

Thank you for sending this to us. *I have forwarded it to J.J. - you're right he is extremely busy but I wanted to be sure he got to see it. *I also print these type of emails off and create a binder for someday his children and grandchildren to read. *I love your email and am glad you have been so successful on your weight loss. *Keep that going it will help you live a long life. *Not everyone is as lucky as my boys to receive so much training on nutrition, diet, exercise, etc. from the college strength coaches. *You obviously found something to work and the story about your Grandmother is terrific.

J.J.'s Great Grandma is turning 95 this year. *Her great grandson told her she had to live to 99 for sure since it's J.J.'s number. *We all shushed him and said we hope she lives much longer than that.

I must run - thanks again for your support and the email.

Connie Watt (J.J.'s Mom & CEO of the foundation)

Wow bad timeing on my part?
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #2
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bad timeing. I contacted jj yesterday!

My gmail messed up my letter apperently.
Old 08-02-2012   #3
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

So...painful...to...read...far...too...many...aste risks...aaargh.
Old 08-02-2012   #4
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad spelling as well
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon (formerly known as SIAB) thank you for sharing. It is awe inspiring and am glad Watt's mom took time to respond. Prayers for your grandmother.

Steve
Old 08-02-2012   #6
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Wow no joke. I just read it to my self. I should not write at 4 in the morning. Maby I did curse jj watt.
Old 08-02-2012   #7
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
Wow no joke. I just read it to my self. I should not write at 4 in the morning. Maby I did curse jj watt.
I'm sure you did curse him, LOL. He was up until 4 in the morning trying to decode the thing with his Little Orphan Annie Decoder Pin:

(I hope everyone gets the movie "A Christmas Story" reference!)

That's awesome that you got something back from his mom.
Old 08-02-2012   #8
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am writing this to thank you. I met you at D.Ryans bowling event. I got to meet you and I told you I support your foundation. You smiled and gave me your dbwh wristband. I had to leave the event because my great grandmother who is turning 104 in september. She was taken to the hospital. She nearly passed but she was more worried about my family. She saw my wristband and she saw the words dream big. She really started to live to your words on the wristband I told her how I got it and she smiled knowing I'm a giant texans fan. She started working on getting back on her feet. She never saw work hard. She finally saw it when she was working to walk agin. Which is amazing to me. She is a month away from being 104 and she is now walking using a walker. Her dream was to live.. And she worked hard and she made it. She told me the wristbands the truth and to dream big and work hard and laughed so I decided on new years a week after she got home from the hospital she was in there from sept tell December. That I am going to lose weight I met you when I was 17 and on new years I was 268 pounds I am now 227 pounds. I am still wearing the same bracelet since I met you and if it was of my wrist it was not far from me. I am going to make a case and retire the wristband soon I don't want it to break. I am going to print the picture of me with you at the event. You are a inspiration to people you don't even know. My grandmother never heard of you, but your wristband alone gave my great grandmother hope. I plan on buying another wristband soon most likely all colors. You inspired me to push to my dreams I know Training camp has started but I hope you read this. I wish you the best and I know you will

So.. Continue to dream big and work hard and I will promiss I will and a lot of people you never meet are going to do the same

Your friend,
Brandon Lange....

This morning I got a reply from jj watts mother

Thank you for sending this to us. *I have forwarded it to J.J. - you're right he is extremely busy but I wanted to be sure he got to see it. *I also print these type of emails off and create a binder for someday his children and grandchildren to read. *I love your email and am glad you have been so successful on your weight loss. *Keep that going it will help you live a long life. *Not everyone is as lucky as my boys to receive so much training on nutrition, diet, exercise, etc. from the college strength coaches. *You obviously found something to work and the story about your Grandmother is terrific.

J.J.'s Great Grandma is turning 95 this year. *Her great grandson told her she had to live to 99 for sure since it's J.J.'s number. *We all shushed him and said we hope she lives much longer than that.

I must run - thanks again for your support and the email.

Connie Watt (J.J.'s Mom & CEO of the foundation)

Wow bad timeing on my part?
Fixed. Couldn't read it otherwise. I only fixed the asterisks and the backslashes, left grammar and spelling alone.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

All I got from that is that your spacebar is broken and you chose to use the asterisk instead. Personally I would have gone with the underscore, but to each his own.
Old 08-02-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am writing this to thank you. I met you at D.Rya ns bowling event. I got to meet you and I told you
I support your foundation. You smiled and gave me your dbwh wristband. I had to leave the event
because my great grandmother who is turning 104 in september. She was taken to the hospital. She
nearly passed but she was more worried about my fa mily. She saw my wristband and she saw the words
dream big. She really started to live to your word s on the wristband I told her how I got it and she
smiled knowing I\'m a giant texans fan. She starte d working on getting back on her feet. She never
saw work hard. She finally saw it when she was wor king to walk agin. Which is amazing to me. She is
a month away from being 104 and she is now walking using a walker. Her dream was to live.. And she
worked hard and she made it. She told me the wrist bands the truth and to dream big and work hard and
laughed so I decided on new years a week after she got home from the hospital she was in there from
sept tell December. That I am going to lose weigh t I met you when I was 17 and on new years I was
268 pounds I am now 227 pounds. I am still wearing the same bracelet since I met you and if it was
of my wrist it was not far from me. I am going to make a case and retire the wristband soon I don\'t
want it to break. I am going to print the picture of me with you at the event. You are a inspiration
to people you don\'t even know. My grandmother nev er heard of you, but your wristband alone gave my
great grandmother hope. I plan on buying another wristband soon most likely all colors. You
inspired me to push to my dreams
I know Training camp has started but I hope you re ad this. I wish you the best and I know you will

So.. Continue to dream big and work hard and I wil l promiss I will and a lot of people you never
meet are going to do the same

Your friend,
Brandon Lange....
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #11
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
Fixed. Couldn't read it otherwise. I only fixed the asterisks and the backslashes, left grammar and spelling alone.
Thank You.
Old 08-02-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, you're quicker than I am.

WordPad (and other softwares) has a simple "find" and "replace" feature to change the asterik into a blank space quickly and easily.

I don't see what the fuss is all about, LOL!
Old 08-02-2012   #13
majestrate
Veteran

Section: 308 17/18
Rep Power: 5020 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
LOL, you're quicker than I am.

WordPad (and other softwares) has a simple "find" and "replace" feature to change the asterik into a blank space quickly and easily.

I don't see what the fuss is all about, LOL!
The fuss is legit. It would be like if I converted all of my posts to binary and expected people to read what I wrote. If you want to communicate with others, you should not be doing it in such a manner that it requires effort to consume your thoughts/feelings.

Now, I'm not complaining about the post either, because you're right, it's easy enough to fix and repost, but I understand why it may have been unappreciated.

Quote:
Thank You.
You're welcome

Last edited by majestrate; 08-02-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Fixing a sentence to better explain my opinion ;)
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The fuss is legit. It would be like if I converted all of my posts to binary and expected people to read what I wrote. If you want to communicate with others, you should not be doing it in such a manner that it requires effort to consume your thoughts/feelings.

Now, I'm not complaining about the post either, because you're right, it's easy enough to fix and repost, but I understand why it may have been unappreciated.

You're welcome
The fuss is legit just as freedom of speech and of thoughts are taken way out of context.

There are times that small things get overblown for no "good" reason.

We have children and young men who need and seek guidance/acceptance.
IMHO, I think we need to encourage them instead of looking for fault, as Zig Ziglar, one my favorite motivational speakers/writers, had said.

Nothing personal to anybody, but I do think that as a society, we've become too quick to judge and react, instead of acting on the situation - again, as Zig Ziglar would say.
Act on a situation, don't react to it.

What you did - correcting the post for Brandon - was "acting on the situation"; IMO, that is the way to go.
Old 08-02-2012   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

For a minute I thought I wasn't the only Deaf person on the board.

Thanks for sharing, SIAB!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read