Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 06-24-2012   #1
Rush23
Rookie

Rep Power: 72 Rush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respectedRush23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012

Got a big list here of fantasy football team names, what is your team name going to be this year?

http://www.chicitysports.com/2012/06...ames-for-2012/
Rush23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

That list in the link was OK. Some I have heard years ago.

Names I'm considering:

Sponge Worthy
The Jerk Store
Tim Tebow Touches the Children
Watts Up Bitches?
SECSECSECSECSECSECSEC (for aggies)
Arian's Foster Kids
We're Having a FIRE! ...sale
Aperture Science

If I ever have an injury plagued team, I'll change the name to "Every Given Sunday"
Old 06-28-2012   #3
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Funny Fantasy Football Team Names for 2012

Great thread topic.

I try to pick the most offensive team names possible. Im not going to be saying my own team's name in general but the people I work with will be. Best case scenerio, a boss or easily offended young lady will hear them say it.

Old 06-28-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Great thread topic.

I try to pick the most offensive team names possible. Im not going to be saying my own team's name in general but the people I work with will be. Best case scenerio, a boss or easily offended young lady will hear them say it.

Well you're a cop, so you could go with a name like "Police Brutality" or "Respect Mah Athoritah" and get a picture of Cartman in his police uniform. How about "The Departed" or "Bengals Personnel Parole Officer"?
Old 06-28-2012   #5
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cromartie's Kids was my team name last year. Not sure what I will go with this year. I was thinking something to do with Tebow but that will be too overdone.
Old 06-28-2012   #6
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had Cam Newton on my roster last year. Team name was the 36ers.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #7
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well you're a cop, so you could go with a name like "Police Brutality" or "Respect Mah Athoritah" and get a picture of Cartman in his police uniform. How about "The Departed" or "Bengals Personnel Parole Officer"?
I like some of those suggestions and they're all better then the dull generic team names the guys in my league will pick.

Im curious about how many of the leagues you guys play in have a trophy. If so, what is the etiquette invollved? Same trophy every winner gets and adds something to etc...?
Old 06-28-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
I like some of those suggestions and they're all better then the dull generic team names the guys in my league will pick.

Im curious about how many of the leagues you guys play in have a trophy. If so, what is the etiquette invollved? Same trophy every winner gets and adds something to etc...?
Thought of another good one, Hot Fuzz! Love that movie...

I run a league that has a big football trophy that has 24 spots for plaques. It cost $135, but it's an investment because it will last 24 years. The trophy is huge, and the winner gets to keep it all year until a new winner is decided. Each year it only costs about $7 to get a new plaque with the new winner's name. I'll upload a pic of it here:

Old 06-28-2012   #9
powda
Hall of Fame

Outstanding!

And the beer in the pics doesn't look bad either.
Old 06-28-2012   #10
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now in my early league I'm rolling with Ring Around the Posey.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great thread topic.

I always thought Off In The End Zone was a funny name.
That way, if you lose to a team, you have the pleasure of imagining them telling people he beat off in the end zone this week.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Thought of another good one, Hot Fuzz! Love that movie...

I run a league that has a big football trophy that has 24 spots for plaques. It cost $135, but it's an investment because it will last 24 years. The trophy is huge, and the winner gets to keep it all year until a new winner is decided. Each year it only costs about $7 to get a new plaque with the new winner's name. I'll upload a pic of it here:

That's pretty sweet! Got any openings?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This has been my team name and logo for years

Cleveland Steamers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We also, in one of my leagues, have a giant trophy. I've had it twice now displayed in my office. Love it!
Old 06-29-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
That's pretty sweet! Got any openings?
I do have two at the moment, but I know everyone in the league personally, so I will try to keep it that way. We do an in-person draft each year and this year I'm shooting to have it at either Saint Arnold's, Karbach or Buffalo Bayou brewery. It just depends on everyones schedule.
Old 06-29-2012   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I like to incorporate my last name into my team name. Some examples:

Pandoras Cox
Coxmeat Sandwich
School of Hard Cox
The Chicago White Cox

We do a live draft every year and have a trophy much like Dutch's. Unfortunately I cant post pics because it's at some other jerk faces house right now.
Old 06-29-2012   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I just came up with, and used, JJ WATTS in a name?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #17
powda
Hall of Fame

Arian Foster's Australian for beer?
Old 07-16-2012   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

My team names last year were Discount Double Check (team with Aaron Rogers) and Johnson & Johnson (team with Andre and Calvin).

I like to base my team names off my roster.

I'm toying with this one for this year, so far as it's not too long: Lestar at Night is Big & Bright
Old 07-21-2012   #19
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I'm usually in two leagues. Every year, my team in league A is called Globogym Purple Cobras. In league B, last year my team was called VY's DREAM TEAM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read